Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Barclay PC went through painlessly

tag
Rhaeny
Valued Contributor

Barclay PC went through painlessly

I opened Barclays in September with a $2K limit and I guess I must be off of their AA list during the 1st 6 months that everyone speaks about becasue they gladly did a transfer from my Apple to the Rewards card....Yayyyy!!!!

I mean I have opened so many accounts (like 8 or 9) since I opened them that I am surprised they haven't reacted based on many of the threads here discussing AA.

The csr told me that I can apply for the new rewards card to get the max rewards of 2500 points plus the special 0% BT for six months.  Or he can just PC and get 1000 points and not be eligible for the special rates.  Well I didn't want to press my luck so I just went for the rewards card.  They really made the process sooooo easy and I am happy.

Okay so now for the points.  It says 2 points for everyday spending but I can't wrap my head around how this compares to Discover IT at 1%.  I mean which rewards structure is better on the rewards, Barclays or Discover IT?

Major CC's - Barclay's ($5.5K) | Barclay's Sallie Mae MC ($5K) | DCU ($7.5K) | Discover IT ($1.4K) | Genisys Visa ($1.4K) | NFCU Visa ($22K) | Navcheck ($15K) | Chase Freedom ($5K) | SDFCU Visa ($8K) | Amex BCP ($9.5K) | Amex Delta ($10K) |Store CC's| -Amazon ($4K) | Catherines ($850) | JCP ($4K) | Macy's ($1.7K) | Avenue ($850) | Victoria's Secret ($1.4K) | Walmart ($4.1K) | Paypal SC ($1.3K) | HSN ($2.5) | Sears ($2.6K) | Sams Club ($4.1K) |Goal|: Age with grace to 750 across the board |Last app|: 3/3/2014
Message 1 of 36
35 REPLIES 35
myjourney
Super Contributor

Re: Barclay PC went through painlessly

I have a question which card is this?

@Rhaeny wrote:

I opened Barclays in September with a $2K limit and I guess I must be off of their AA list during the 1st 6 months that everyone speaks about becasue they gladly did a transfer from my Apple to the Rewards card....Yayyyy!!!!

I mean I have opened so many accounts (like 8 or 9) since I opened them that I am surprised they haven't reacted based on many of the threads here discussing AA.

The csr told me that I can apply for the new rewards card to get the max rewards of 2500 points plus the special 0% BT for six months.  Or he can just PC and get 1000 points and not be eligible for the special rates.  Well I didn't want to press my luck so I just went for the rewards card.  They really made the process sooooo easy and I am happy.

Okay so now for the points.  It says 2 points for everyday spending but I can't wrap my head around how this compares to Discover IT at 1%.  I mean which rewards structure is better on the rewards, Barclays or Discover IT?

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 2 of 36
LS2982
Mega Contributor

Your saying they PC'ed your Apple card to a Rewards MC??

If this is true thats the 1st i've ever heard of it anyone else ever trying that was declined for PC.

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 3 of 36
Rhaeny
Valued Contributor

@LS2982 wrote:

If this is true thats the 1st i've ever heard of it anyone else ever trying that was declined for PC.

Yes I PC'ed from Apple card to Rewards card, but the rest of what you said I'm not clear on.

Major CC's - Barclay's ($5.5K) | Barclay's Sallie Mae MC ($5K) | DCU ($7.5K) | Discover IT ($1.4K) | Genisys Visa ($1.4K) | NFCU Visa ($22K) | Navcheck ($15K) | Chase Freedom ($5K) | SDFCU Visa ($8K) | Amex BCP ($9.5K) | Amex Delta ($10K) |Store CC's| -Amazon ($4K) | Catherines ($850) | JCP ($4K) | Macy's ($1.7K) | Avenue ($850) | Victoria's Secret ($1.4K) | Walmart ($4.1K) | Paypal SC ($1.3K) | HSN ($2.5) | Sears ($2.6K) | Sams Club ($4.1K) |Goal|: Age with grace to 750 across the board |Last app|: 3/3/2014
Message 4 of 36
LS2982
Mega Contributor

@Rhaeny wrote:

@LS2982 wrote:

Yes I PC'ed from Apple card to Rewards card, but the rest of what you said I'm not clear on.

Well they must be changing their stance on it because a PC from an Apple card was near impossible.

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 5 of 36
dodgeball
Established Contributor

Nope I did it as well last week !

NFCU Cash Rewards Siggy $22k, NFCU Flagship Rewards Siggy $22K, NFCU Platinum MC $20K, USAA Amex Rewards $6k, USAA World Mastercard Rewards $6k, NFCU Navcheck $15k

Other Cards - Citibank AAdvantage, Chase Slate, Barclays Rewards,

IN THE GARDEN UNTIL APRIL 2014

NFCU FAN CLUB MEMBER #1

Chase Star Card
NFCU FAN CLUB FAN#1
Message 6 of 36
Rhaeny
Valued Contributor

@LS2982 wrote:

@Rhaeny wrote:

@LS2982 wrote:

Well they must be changing their stance on it because a PC from an Apple card was near impossible.

Oh okay I get it now.  Sorry I didn't understand it the first time.  But yea they did the PC from the Apple to Rewards MC and even asked if I wanted to try for a CLI with an hp.  I said no I will be okay with just the transfer for now so I can get the rewards.  I didn't even know that this wasn't possible.  I just picked up the phone and asked them...LOL.

They told me that it takes 3 business days for the transfer to complete and I should get a new card within a few weeks.  So I was cool with that!!

Message 7 of 36
myjourney
Super Contributor

That's good to know im sure more people will take advantage of this option

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 8 of 36
londonhogfan
Contributor

is this possible with other barclays cards?

I just closed my NFL card because they couldn't PC to anything else.

I'll be in the garden... FICO Score | TU-08: 732 in May 2013
Message 9 of 36
jsucool76
Super Contributor

Congrats on the pc. Im assuming no hp was done?
Message 10 of 36
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.