Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Barclay PC went through painlessly

tag
Rhaeny
Valued Contributor

Re: Barclay PC went through painlessly

@navigatethis12 wrote:

It seems they allow conversion to their own card, but not from their card to an affinity card. Chase is the same way I believe. I attempted to convert the Barclays Rewards Mastercard to the Sallie Mae and the lady told me she understood what I was asking, but they don't convert that card to another one.

I'm not sure I understand what an affinity card is??? 

But the card that I have looks just like the Rewards MC card on their website except it has the Visa logo on it.  It's the blue and white swirl looking card.  

Major CC's - Barclay's ($5.5K) | Barclay's Sallie Mae MC ($5K) | DCU ($7.5K) | Discover IT ($1.4K) | Genisys Visa ($1.4K) | NFCU Visa ($22K) | Navcheck ($15K) | Chase Freedom ($5K) | SDFCU Visa ($8K) | Amex BCP ($9.5K) | Amex Delta ($10K) |Store CC's| -Amazon ($4K) | Catherines ($850) | JCP ($4K) | Macy's ($1.7K) | Avenue ($850) | Victoria's Secret ($1.4K) | Walmart ($4.1K) | Paypal SC ($1.3K) | HSN ($2.5) | Sears ($2.6K) | Sams Club ($4.1K) |Goal|: Age with grace to 750 across the board |Last app|: 3/3/2014
Message 31 of 36
navigatethis12
Valued Contributor

@Rhaeny wrote:

I'm not sure I understand what an affinity card is??? 

But the card that I have looks just like the Rewards MC card on their website except it has the Visa logo on it.  It's the blue and white swirl looking card.  

It's a co-branded card. Like the Priceline Visa they have, or the Sallie Mae card as I mentioned. Priceline or Sallie Mae don't issue or decision anything about the card, but their name is on it and they make profit from it.

I was unaware that the rewards card came in Visa. I wonder why they kept it like that.

Message 32 of 36
Open123
Super Contributor

Is it possible to PC from one affinity card to another affinity card?  Say, from the NFL to the Priceline?

Message 33 of 36
kevinjjc
Valued Contributor

@Open123 wrote:

Is it possible to PC from one affinity card to another affinity card?  Say, from the NFL to the Priceline?

+1. I'm also interested in possibly PC'ing my NFL to Priceline.

Message 34 of 36
flowfaster
Established Contributor

@kevinjjc wrote:

@Open123 wrote:

+2

Amex BCP/BC/Zync - Amex Business GR - Barclays NFL Visa Sig 49ers/Arrival - BoA BBR - Cap 1 Quicksilver - Citi Forward/Preferred - Chase Amazon/Freedom/Ink Plus - Discover IT - Fidelity Amex - GECRB Amazon/Walmart - PenFed PRV - Target - USAA Amex - US Bank CASH+/Club Carlson
Message 35 of 36
bs6054
Valued Contributor

@flowfaster wrote:

@kevinjjc wrote:

@Open123 wrote:

+2

Don't know about that, but as I posted in another thread, they wouldn't allow me to PC from the Rewards card.  I didn't even specify my target, co-brand or otherwise, so I don't know if it there is a policy that can be overridden by CSRs, or if there really is a set of rules "Card 1 to Card 2 OK, Barclays to Affinity, No, Rewards to anything, no"

My guess would be affinity to affinity should also be at least initially hard, if they have to refund anything to the first affinity partner.

Message 36 of 36
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.