Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Barclay PC

tag
PlasticOrPlastic
Established Contributor

Barclay PC

Has anybody done a successful PC to the Ring card?  I currently have an Arrival, Sallie, Rewards Visa with Barclay, the Arrival and Rewards Visa aren't as useful as I had hoped and was wondering if the Ring would possibly be better.  Honestly if they wont even entertain that idea I may close Arrival and Visa and have CL put on my Sallie. 

Message 1 of 18
17 REPLIES 17
jsucool76
Super Contributor

Re: Barclay PC

I've asked to PC my upromise card to a ring a couple times and they always told me no. I suppose I could try the EO but I just haven't gotten around to it yet. 

Message 2 of 18
PlasticOrPlastic
Established Contributor

@jsucool76 wrote:

I've asked to PC my upromise card to a ring a couple times and they always told me no. I suppose I could try the EO but I just haven't gotten around to it yet. 

I kind of figured they would say no.  I've been trying to PC my Rewards Visa for a while and its always a no.  I suppose I could go the EO route as well.  Maybe I'll try that before closing the cards. 

Message 3 of 18
jsucool76
Super Contributor

@PlasticOrPlastic wrote:

@jsucool76 wrote:

I kind of figured they would say no.  I've been trying to PC my Rewards Visa for a while and its always a no.  I suppose I could go the EO route as well.  Maybe I'll try that before closing the cards. 

This thread made me ask for a CLI on my card  from them because I've never gotten one in the time I've had it..."decision will be made in 48 hours" Smiley Sad

Message 4 of 18
PlasticOrPlastic
Established Contributor

@jsucool76 wrote:

@PlasticOrPlastic wrote:

@jsucool76 wrote:

This thread made me ask for a CLI on my card  from them because I've never gotten one in the time I've had it..."decision will be made in 48 hours" Smiley Sad

I did the same yesterday....same message.

Message 5 of 18
Scupra
Super Contributor

Make sure you are calling the analyst number!

Filed BK7: 7/2012 (start score EQ 560 / TU 529) Discharge 10/2012
801 EQ FICO 06/2022
797 TU FICO 04/2022
793 EX FICO 04/2022
$30k NFCU Platinum | $30.7k NFCU cashRewards Sig | $15k NavChek | $7.1k Cap1 Quicksilver | $10k Amazon Store | $19k Cap1 VentureOne | $16k Barclay Aviator | $5k Chase Freedom | $5k Chase Sapphire Preferred | $9k Costco Visa | $20k AMEX BCE | AMEX Gold | NFCU Platinum #2 $19.3k | Apple $8.5k
Message 6 of 18
jsucool76
Super Contributor

They upped me from 1k to 3.5k XD
Message 7 of 18
lobsterfordinner
Established Member

@PlasticOrPlastic wrote:

Has anybody done a successful PC to the Ring card?  I currently have an Arrival, Sallie, Rewards Visa with Barclay, the Arrival and Rewards Visa aren't as useful as I had hoped and was wondering if the Ring would possibly be better.  Honestly if they wont even entertain that idea I may close Arrival and Visa and have CL put on my Sallie. 

I called the analyst number and I was able to PC my original arrival card to a ring card about a year ago.

And about two months ago I was able to PC my ring card back to the new arrival card ...

Currently a grad student, and in my wallet there exists my only 4 credit cards: Barclay Arrival+ 56k / Chase Sapphire Pref 68.2k / Citi Prestige 45k / Merrill Accolades 175k ; my student id card and a couple two-dollar bills.
Message 8 of 18
jsucool76
Super Contributor

@lobsterfordinner wrote:

@PlasticOrPlastic wrote:

I called the analyst number and I was able to PC my original arrival card to a ring card about a year ago.

And about two months ago I was able to PC my ring card back to the new arrival card ...

Did you not like the ring? the low apr seems nice...and I know they had some weird reward scheme going on. I never fully understood it though 

Message 9 of 18
PlasticOrPlastic
Established Contributor

@lobsterfordinner wrote:

@PlasticOrPlastic wrote:

I got a no when I called today.  I guess I'll try again next week, its funny how finicky they are with stuff.  It seems like there is no set rules just depends who you talk to. 

Message 10 of 18
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.