Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Barclay Particulars

tag
PrimeRate
Frequent Contributor

Barclay Particulars

Right to the point: Wife is AU on my Arrival card which was opened on 3/1/14. We want the Sallie Mae. I applied and they gave me the 'show us your responsible with your first acct' malarkey. Can she apply for the Sallie or will they hold the same grudge on her? Any input would be incredibly helpful.
☮ & ❤
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
amakol
Regular Contributor

Re: Barclay Particulars

It depends on how her credit history looks - AAOA, utilization, income, inquiries. Assuming this stuff checks out her being an AU shouldn't reset her clock before she can get her own card.

EQ 740 FICO, 4 INQ | EX 736 FICO, 5 INQ | TU 745 FICO, 5 INQ | CL $175K | AAOA 4 Years
Message 2 of 4
PrimeRate
Frequent Contributor

AAOA 4 yrs, util : less than 10%, inqs 2. I would hate to waste the inq if being an AU will prevent her from opening her first acct under her name w. Barclay's.
☮ & ❤
Message 3 of 4
amakol
Regular Contributor

Looks great. As long as no baddies (score >720ish), she should have no problem with an approval. My sister did the same thing with Amex and Discover last year. She was added as an AU and then applied for her own cards a month later. Not Barclays but I don't see why they wouldn't be similar.

EQ 740 FICO, 4 INQ | EX 736 FICO, 5 INQ | TU 745 FICO, 5 INQ | CL $175K | AAOA 4 Years
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.