cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Barclay Platinum Rewards MasterCard - being proactive and trying to ensure no CLD

tag
Galaim
Contributor

Barclay Platinum Rewards MasterCard - being proactive and trying to ensure no CLD

First, I've read the thread here: http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Credit-Cards/Barclay-CC-let-s-put-our-heads-together/td-p/2297693/

I have a new Barclay Platinum Rewards MasterCard. Is it all of their cards or just the higher level World card that are subject to the very high level of scrutiny? I have a $2500 CL, which is in the mid range for my cards ($3500,3600,7k, and a couple around $1800) and got two other new cards after the Barclay, one of which is the $7k card. 

My util overall has gone down from 50-60% to 32% since my app and I've gone from >90% to 0% on a few smaller cards by BT some to the $7k card as well as paying off a total of around $3k. I am working toward 0 on all but 1-2 accts which will be <9% in six months. 

What are the chances they'll boot me before I get to that point, and can I do anything additional to decrease those chances? I've not used the card yet, but planned to use it on vacation this weekend as two other cards were compromised with the Target shenanigans (whole separate post!)

I'd love to hear your thoughts or experiences, as well as any additional advice you may have. 

Gardening since 12/01/13 with an escape on 4/22/14 for a good cause
Scores: 05/01/10: thin file/no score 08/11/11: 620 all (mortgage FICO) 04/25/14: 705 TU (Barclay) 695 EX (FNBO) 621 EQ (FAKO) In My Wallet:: Wells Rewards Visa $7k, Care Credit $5k, Wells Care Credit $3.6k, NFBO Overstock $4.5k, BarclayCard $2.5k, Capital One $300, Chase $1.8k, Lane Bryant $1.75k, QVC $1.7k, Best Buy $1k, Chase Amazon Visa $500, Target RED $500, Torrid (Comenity) $350, Macys $300, TOTAL $31k CL, 36% util

Message 1 of 1
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.