cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Barclay Pre-Approval Link - Does it work?

tag
sghosh5
Valued Contributor

Barclay Pre-Approval Link - Does it work?

Sorry if this question was already asked and been answered before. But I tried Barclay's pre approval link and first checked 'Good Credit' and it came up with Congratulations with Barclay Arrival World MasterCard offer. Then changed it to 'Average Credit' and it came up with Congratulations & Barclay Rewards MasterCard. A month back when my TU score was low 600s i tried the same link and it did not say Congratulations or gave me any pre qualifying offer. 

Does anyone know if the pre approval link work for Barclay or is it just based on whatever credit grade (Average/Good/Excellent) you choose?

Shell FCU : 5K
Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
n777ua
Established Contributor

Re: Barclay Pre-Approval Link - Does it work?

I just tried and got a "these products might interest you..." which in my experience is nowhere near a preapproval.

About $215,000 total credit among 11 cards
Message 2 of 11
sghosh5
Valued Contributor

i used to get only 'these products might interest you' before. Today is the first time i got 'Congratulations - You are pre qualified to apply for this card'. 

Message 3 of 11
brcamacho
Regular Contributor

Where is this link, I cant seem to find it.

TU-688 5/14 (WM TU) | EX-692 on 2/14 (FNBO EX) | EQ-666 on 01/13

NFCU GoRewards $25k | NavChek $15k | Chase Slate 7.5k
Barclays Rewards $3.4k | FNBO MC $2.3K | Cap1 Plat $1.9k
Cap1 Quicksilver $1.7k | Wmt Discover $4.5k | Amazon Store Card $3k Care Credit $3.5k | Kohls $300 | Victoria's Secret $500
Cap1 Quicksilver $2k | Barclays Apple Visa $600

Message 4 of 11
sghosh5
Valued Contributor

Message 5 of 11
atarvuzdar
Established Contributor

It looks like they check your credit and compare it to the approval criteria for their cards in each category of creditworthiness: Excellent, Good, Average. If I claim I have Excellent credit I come up with no offers (not surprising). When I claim I have Good or Average credit I do come up with offers.

FICO 8: EQ 846 / TU 836 / EX 832
AMEX Platinum / BofA Cash Rewards Visa Sig $99,900 / Chase CSR $43,400 / Citi Double Cash $39,600 / AMEX EveryDay $30,000 / Discover It $26,000 / Gemini $25,000 / JetBlue $25,000 / Chase Freedom Unlimited $22,500
Message 6 of 11
jagshere
Regular Contributor

@sghosh5 wrote:

https://www.barclaycardus.com/apply/ProactivePrescreenLanding.action

Just tried it I was "pre-approved" for 3. Im in the garden and staying there.

12/28 EX 745( FAKO)
12/28 DCU 742 FICO
12/28 WM TU 796 FICO
Walmart Discover 15k |CSP 14.4k | Penfed Cash Rewards 9k |DCU 7.5k | Chase Freedom 8k | FNFG 5k | Discover 6.4k| BOA 4k | BCE 3k

Message 7 of 11
Kenny
Moderator Emeritus

This is hilarious because according to this link I'm not pre-approved for anything but my family member who is sub 650 is preapproved for a card with 0% interest for 6 months. They are on crack! LOL
Message 8 of 11
sghosh5
Valued Contributor

Kenny: what is your credit score?

Message 9 of 11
Kenny
Moderator Emeritus

749 -- I believe it's the way my info has been inputted or something. No baddies, low UR, etc.   I only did the link for curiosity's sake.. I have no need nor want for a Barclay anything.

Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.