Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Barclay Reallocation Policy?

tag
longtime_lurker
Valued Contributor

Barclay Reallocation Policy?

Is Barclay's reallocation policy still a SP and a call to a credit analyst? 

Current cards: MSUFCU Platinum, Amex PRG, Amex Surpass, Amex BCE, Citi Prestige, Citi Double Cash, Citi Premier, US Bank Cash +, Huntington Voice, AAviator, Sallie Mae, Discover IT, Chase Freedom TU:753 EQ Enhanced: 758
Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11
IaBoy62
Established Contributor

Re: Barclay Reallocation Policy?

Well, I did one ten days ago and it was a SP if any kind of pull. I called the analyst and she moved my Choice Privileges VISA line to my Rewards Mastercard line in about 60 seconds. Closed the VISA. Very quick and easy for me at least.

Message 2 of 12
DaveInAZ
Senior Contributor

Just a call to a credit analyst, SP if any pull at all. I app'd & was approved for an NFL card in late March, specifically to do a BT w/15 mos 0% to payoff a Prosper loan. SL was $5k, my BT was going to be around $4k, so I called to move $3k frrom my Rewards MC to NFL so I wouldn't max out NFL so much. Took about a minute.

Message 3 of 12
longtime_lurker
Valued Contributor

Thanks guys!

@DaveinAZ, was thinking I'd move some of my SM CL to pad util while using my BT offer on my AAviator. Figured if it was easy to move back and forth that I'd make the call next week.

Current cards: MSUFCU Platinum, Amex PRG, Amex Surpass, Amex BCE, Citi Prestige, Citi Double Cash, Citi Premier, US Bank Cash +, Huntington Voice, AAviator, Sallie Mae, Discover IT, Chase Freedom TU:753 EQ Enhanced: 758
Message 4 of 12
matolen
Contributor

Is there any possible downside to this?  I have 3 Barclaycards and the rewards structure for 2 of them (NFL and Apple) really are never going to be used to their fullest advantage.  I would like to put them all into my Barclay Rewards card and have a straight single generic rewards card.  

My NFL credit line is way higher (4x) then my others.  Is it advantageous to move everything into that one, though?

Message 5 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Barclay will do this for you!

I got approved for the Arrival Plus 2 days ago with only $2500 CL (Capital One Venture is $15k) go figure.  I have a NFL with $4050K CL that i dont use at all.  I called to request a CLI on the Arrival and rep said no but that she can transfer the NFL CL to the Arrival but i have to keep a least $500 CL in the NFL.  It told her to trasfer everything but $500.  Took about 30 secs and it reflects on the website right away. 

Arrival now is $6050k and NFL $500

Message 6 of 12
longtime_lurker
Valued Contributor

@matolen wrote:

Is there any possible downside to this?  I have 3 Barclaycards and the rewards structure for 2 of them (NFL and Apple) really are never going to be used to their fullest advantage.  I would like to put them all into my Barclay Rewards card and have a straight single generic rewards card.  

My NFL credit line is way higher (4x) then my others.  Is it advantageous to move everything into that one, though?

There's only two downsides to this that I can see.

1) Barclay's in the future stop moving CL's around - leaving you stuck with the allocations you made previously

2) Other lenders see the donor card as having AA taken on it, get spooked (doubtful, I think and would be easy to explain to human CA)

Any other possible downsides that people can see? Definitely thinking I'm going to do this. With only a 1% BT fee, I'm not losing any money by using this deal

Message 7 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Well, I know the score on your credit won't be affected because overall, your CL is still the same, you're just moving it around.

i don't use the NFL at all (used to) so it's pointless in my case to let the CL go to waste when I can move it and use it in my arrival as it will now be my primary card.

hope that helps

Message 8 of 12
DaveInAZ
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Barclay will do this for you!

I got approved for the Arrival Plus 2 days ago with only $2500 CL (Capital One Venture is $15k) go figure.  I have a NFL with $4050K CL that i dont use at all.  I called to request a CLI on the Arrival and rep said no but that she can transfer the NFL CL to the Arrival but i have to keep a least $500 CL in the NFL.  It told her to trasfer everything but $500.  Took about 30 secs and it reflects on the website right away. 

Arrival now is $6050k and NFL $500

That's good to know. After I payoff my BT I want to close my NFL and then app for a Sallie Mae. I'll move all but $500 of NFL's Cl over to Rewards MC and then close NFL. If they don't give me much of a SL on SM I can move some over to it, but with those caps on 5% categories I won't need much of a CL on it.

Message 9 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Oh no! DO NOT close your NFL.  If you close it, you might affect your average open account history.  Just keep it and charge something small on it every month.  

Message 10 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.