Reply
New Contributor
Posts: 72
Registered: ‎05-19-2012
0

Barclay Recon Success

I just applied for the Apple Financing Visa Card from Barclays and ended up having to call the recon number. After answering some questions, I was approved for $2,500, my second highest limit to date. 

 

That brings me to:

May - Amex Zync

June - FNBO Rewards

July - Discover More

August - Barclays Apple Financing

 

4 new cards in 4 months makes me nervous I have to admit since I have many new inquiries and TLs. Now I really have to stop and let my new cards grow and close all Capital One cards which are now paid. I don't need Amex or any other creditor upset at all my new TLs.

In my wallet: Amex PRG NPSL, Amex Zync NPSL, Amex SPG $1000, CSP: $9000, Citi Hilton Honors Visa Signature: $5000, First Financial Bank: $5500, Discover More: $6000, Barclays Apple Financing: $3500, Macy's: $1000

Business: Chase Ink Cash World Mastercard: $5000

In my SD: CapOne $3000
Mega Contributor
Posts: 15,442
Registered: ‎04-09-2011
0

Re: Barclay Recon Success


joeyh2007 wrote:

I just applied for the Apple Financing Visa Card from Barclays and ended up having to call the recon number. After answering some questions, I was approved for $2,500, my second highest limit to date. 

 

That brings me to:

May - Amex Zync

June - FNBO Rewards

July - Discover More

August - Barclays Apple Financing

 

4 new cards in 4 months makes me nervous I have to admit since I have many new inquiries and TLs. Now I really have to stop and let my new cards grow and close all Capital One cards which are now paid. I don't need Amex or any other creditor upset at all my new TLs.


CONGRATS!!!!

 

Nice CL!!

 




Silver Spade Garden Club Member - Last App 12/16/13 - Looking for a clean slate NO INQ's / Diamond Inspired!
Starting Score:
EX (PLUS) 583 EQ FICO 565 TU FICO 590 3/15/2011 / Goal Scores: 720
Current Score: EX FICO (PSECU) 671 (myFICO) N/A / EQ FICO 679 / TU08 FICO 678 / TU VS 706 3/6/2014
Senior Contributor
Posts: 6,242
Registered: ‎08-16-2012
0

Re: Barclay Recon Success

Yeah, just let those limits grow! I'd even keep the Cap One around for your AA of A, unless there's an expensive AF associated with a C1 account. FYI, It seems like a lot of lenders only care about inquiries within the last six months too. For example, in my recent app with Chase for a Freedom card, they didn't even mention my 7-10 apps from the past year, but rather they looked to see that I had no apps for cred in the past six months. :-)

Marriott PR$25k | BCE $24.5K |BankAmericard Visa $25k| Wmt Discover $12.5k | BR Visa $12.5k | Amex Delta Gold $10k | Discover IT $10k | Paypal Extras MC $15k | Amazon Store $10k|Arrival $12.7k | Smile Gen $7.25k | Dillard's $10k | West Elm $4k| Express $3.05K | Mypoints.com Visa $4.5k | Freedom Visa $1k| Amex Surpass $1k
Contributor
Posts: 79
Registered: ‎05-04-2011
0

Re: Barclay Recon Success

I just had some recon success with them also. Very pleased with the experience.

 

I applied online for the Priceline Visa. I travel every week and spend about $1000 to $1500 per month on name your own price hotels so this would be a good rewards benefit for me. The online app denied me. Probably too many inquiries in the past year. I called their backdoor number and was answered direclty by a credit analyst. Very impressed that there was no automated attendant or other hoops to go through. Went straight to an American consultant.

 

The very nice rep just verified my income and employment and asked about an account opened six months ago but said my overall credit profile looked good. Gave me approval for $10k. Wow.... :smileysurprised:

 

It was definately worth giving them a call. It can't hurt if the online app denies you.




Starting Score: 594 (Dec 10, 2010)
Score: 758 (March, 2013
Goal Score: 730 on all (by end of 2012)

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Established Contributor
Posts: 772
Registered: ‎08-02-2008
0

Re: Barclay Recon Success


cahiatt wrote:

I just had some recon success with them also. Very pleased with the experience.

 

I applied online for the Priceline Visa. I travel every week and spend about $1000 to $1500 per month on name your own price hotels so this would be a good rewards benefit for me. The online app denied me. Probably too many inquiries in the past year. I called their backdoor number and was answered direclty by a credit analyst. Very impressed that there was no automated attendant or other hoops to go through. Went straight to an American consultant.

 

The very nice rep just verified my income and employment and asked about an account opened six months ago but said my overall credit profile looked good. Gave me approval for $10k. Wow.... :smileysurprised:

 

It was definately worth giving them a call. It can't hurt if the online app denies you.


Just had exact same experience today. I was asked about several accounts opened this year but was eventually approved for the same amount. Really nice people. :-)

FICO: EX: 743 (10/14); TU: 758 (9/14); EQ 721 (9/14)

In My Wallet: Amex X 5 | Barclays X 3 | BOA X 1 | CapOne X 3 | Chase X 3 | Citi X 7 | DCU X 1 | Discover X 1 | Fidelity X 1 | Fifth Third X 1 | Macys X 1 | PenFed X 1 | PSECU X 1 | Sams Club MC X 1 | Target RedCard X 1 | USAA X 2 | US Bank X 1 | Walmart X 1 | Wells Fargo X 1 = 36 Cards

Holding off apps until the end of the year! Wish me luck!
Contributor
Posts: 101
Registered: ‎07-30-2010
0

Re: Barclay Recon Success

If everyone doesnt mind me asking but is the Barclay card the easiest one to get?



4/5/12 TU-635 Ex-634 Eq-646 (Kroll Fact. Home loan)
9/8/10 TU-654 Ex-627 Eq-638
8/1/10 TU-629 Ex-627 Eq-638


Starting Score: 526
Current Score: 635
Goal Score: 750


Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Mega Contributor
Posts: 15,442
Registered: ‎04-09-2011
0

Re: Barclay Recon Success


ssghandless wrote:

If everyone doesnt mind me asking but is the Barclay card the easiest one to get?


The Apple VISA seems to be the easiest to get since there is no rewards attached to it other then Apple financing.

 




Silver Spade Garden Club Member - Last App 12/16/13 - Looking for a clean slate NO INQ's / Diamond Inspired!
Starting Score:
EX (PLUS) 583 EQ FICO 565 TU FICO 590 3/15/2011 / Goal Scores: 720
Current Score: EX FICO (PSECU) 671 (myFICO) N/A / EQ FICO 679 / TU08 FICO 678 / TU VS 706 3/6/2014
Frequent Contributor
Posts: 271
Registered: ‎08-09-2009
0

Re: Barclay Recon Success

Right, mine mentioned recent inquiries. Or last 6 months is what I've seen


Starting Score: 601
Current Score: 670
Goal Score: 700


Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

NFCU Rewards- 8K......AMEX Delta Skymiles-5k.....Citi AAdvantage AMEX-3.5K...WalMart Discover-4K....Old Navy Visa-2k...BOA-3000...AMEX Green-NPSL....Discover More-1K
Moderator
Posts: 12,952
Registered: ‎04-15-2011
0

Re: Barclay Recon Success

Congrats!!!


Starting Score: 504

July 2013 score: EQ FICO 819, TU08 778, EX "806 lender pull 07/26/2013
Goal Score: All Scores 760+, Newest goal 800+

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Current scores after adding $81K in CLs and 2 new cars since July 2013
EQ:809 TU 777 EX 790 Now it's just garden time!
Established Contributor
Posts: 1,837
Registered: ‎08-20-2012
0

Re: Barclay Recon Success

Congrats

Copyright ©2001-2015 Fair Isaac Corporation. All rights reserved.   | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Sitemap

IMPORTANT INFORMATION: All FICO® Score products made available on myFICO.com include a FICO® Score 8, along with additional FICO® Score versions based on Experian or Equifax data (additional FICO® Score versions based on TransUnion data are not currently available on myFICO.com). Your lender or insurer may use a different FICO® Score than the versions you receive from myFICO, or another type of credit score altogether. Learn more

FICO, myFICO, Score Watch, The score lenders use, and The Score That Matters are trademarks or registered trademarks of Fair Isaac Corporation. Equifax Credit Report is a trademark of Equifax, Inc. and its affiliated companies. Many factors affect your FICO Score and the interest rates you may receive. Fair Isaac is not a credit repair organization as defined under federal or state law, including the Credit Repair Organizations Act. Fair Isaac does not provide "credit repair" services or advice or assistance regarding "rebuilding" or "improving" your credit record, credit history or credit rating. FTC's website on credit.