Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Barclay Recon?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Barclay Recon?

Im rebuilding my credit atm, after some problems with Cap1 that im also currently resolving, while trying to do so i did appy for a Barclay Card to finance some apple products, i was declined for the following reasons.

Serious delinquency
Time since delinquency is too recent or unknown
Length of time accounts have been established

Now currently Cap1 is showing 90,120, and 150 past due but they already took care of the 60, a few problems with the statements and moving and such that im working with Cap1 on and they are supposed to clean it up(their words) and this was 2 months ago. Other than that, my Cap1 is over a year old and im pretty young so ofc my credit isnt much older.

How do my chances look for a recon?

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
aftermath
Established Contributor

Re: Barclay Recon?

1) Just wait until Cap1 does what they promised to do.

2) Let your credit reports update.

3) Then call in and have them pull a new report.

American Express Blue Cash Everyday $6600
Barclays US Airways Premier World Mastercard $14500
Chase Sapphire Preferred $5000
Chase Freedom Visa $1000
Chase United Explorer $8500
Citi AAdvantage Platinum Select Visa Signature $7500
Citi ThankYou Premier World Mastercard $7500
Message 2 of 4
trumpet-205
Valued Contributor

Very slim.

60, 90, 120, and 150 days of lates are serious delinquency (REALLY REALLY BAD info on your credit reports). Almost all lenders will turn you down once they see that.

Cap 1 are not obligated to delete these lates, unless you have their words on paper.

Message 3 of 4
Strepthroat
Frequent Contributor

You already have the inquiry, speak to a credit analyst at Barclays.  Only they can determine the outcome of the Recon.

Chase Marriott Visa $25,000 | Chase Southwest Visa $25,000 | PFCU Visa $20,000 | Capital One Savor $20,000 | Nordstrom Visa $20,000 | GUCU Visa $10,500 | CapitalOne Quicksilver Visa $10,000 | US Bank Perks Visa $9,000 | Barclays Cash Forward Visa $6,000 | BB&T Spectrum Cash Visa $3,500
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.