Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Barclay Reward Boost

tag
staifokuzed
Regular Contributor

Barclay Reward Boost

Im not exactly sure when it was but ealier in the year I tried to find the Reward Boost under my account.  I used it before and one day it disapeared.  I emailed suppurt and they gave me some random reason (like not all cards are eligible).  I also posted on here and others said it was gone on theirs as well.  Well anyways today I logged on and noticed that it is back.  For those that dont know what it is, It is online porthole similar to shop discover.  I didnt have discover when it vanished so I was very disapointed that it had gone away.  It really makes no difference to me because now I have discover IT and I would be a fool to use barclay for online shopping in this quarter Smiley Very Happy !  For those who have Barlaycard log on and check to see if it is back. 

Sorry for any typos, improper grammar, ectt...  My 2yo is running around like a maniac and causing HAVOC!  Is it nap time yet?

AMEX B SKY-1K AMEX PRG- NPSL USAA PLTM -6K
DISCOVER IT- 5.2K BARCLAY REWARD- 3.2K
PAYPAL REWARDS -6K VICTORIA SECRETS -1750
USAA AMEX-5.5K CITI TY PREFR 3.1K(NPSL) CHASE FREEDOM -1K
SPORTSMAN VISA- 8K AMEX ED PRFD- 8.5
Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
Themanwhocan
Senior Contributor

Re: Barclay Reward Boost

My Barclays cards have never had the Boost feature.

TU-8: 804 EX-8: 805 EQ-8: 788 EX-98: 767 EQ-04: 752    
TU-9 Bankcard: 837 EQ-9: 823 EX-9 Bankcard: 837
Total $443,800
Message 2 of 11
eddie84
Valued Contributor

Just checked and it's there.  I have the Arrival World MC.

Message 3 of 11
staifokuzed
Regular Contributor

@Themanwhocan wrote:

Mine did in January.  Then I went to use it maybe march and it had disapeared and today it is back.  Have u logged on today?  Its under extra right on the main screen.  Also that would be a really good combo to the priceline u have in siggy.  The bonus is in additon to base.

Message 4 of 11
Themanwhocan
Senior Contributor

@staifokuzed wrote:

@Themanwhocan wrote:

Mine did in January.  Then I went to use it maybe march and it had disapeared and today it is back.  Have u logged on today?  Its under extra right on the main screen.  Also that would be a really good combo to the priceline u have in siggy.  The bonus is in additon to base.

Still not there today.

The only thing I ever have under Extras, are a pair of advertisements for Barclaycard cellphone Apps. This on both the Priceline.com and the Sallie Mae Rewards main screens.

I've only had Priceline.com for 5.5 months, and Sallie Mae for 1 month.

Total $443,800
Message 5 of 11
Themanwhocan
Senior Contributor

Although I too am using the Discover IT card for a lot of online shopping this quarter (all except Amazon.com where I have multiple 5% cards that need feeding, particularly the US Bank Cash+ since I want to get to $100 rewards by December so I can get an extra $25 bonus).

Now if the Boost had an Amazon.com bonus, I would be all over that come January with my Sallie Mae card. Assuming that I even HAD the Boost feature...

How much cash back does Boost usually give?

Total $443,800
Message 6 of 11
DaveSignal
Valued Contributor

I have it on my Arrival card. I can see it when first logging in under the BarclayCard extras column. Barclays is slower awarding points for these purchases. The points mall on all of my other cards is much faster. I am pretty good at shopping on the internet though, and can often find products at cheaper prices than the stores in the points malls and so I do often get more value somewhere else. I do use the BoA travel mall most frequently though, of all the points malls.
EX:694 TU:744 EQ:777
Amex ED $19.5k - BoA Travel Rewards $15k - CSP $5k - SDFCU EMV $15k - NFCU goRewards $20k - Barclays Arrival $6.5k
Message 7 of 11
staifokuzed
Regular Contributor

@Themanwhocan wrote:

Although I too am using the Discover IT card for a lot of online shopping this quarter (all except Amazon.com where I have multiple 5% cards that need feeding, particularly the US Bank Cash+ since I want to get to $100 rewards by December so I can get an extra $25 bonus).

Now if the Boost had an Amazon.com bonus, I would be all over that come January with my Sallie Mae card. Assuming that I even HAD the Boost feature...

How much cash back does Boost usually give?

looks like generally 3-4/dollar.  Seen Some 5 and a few at 15/dollar. Also Amaon was not on their list of partners.  Wht a funny feature comes, goes at random and all dont qualify. 

Message 8 of 11
Themanwhocan
Senior Contributor

Apparently Google is my friend today:

https://partners.barclaycardrewardsboost.com/default.aspx?progsegment=124

PS: 2 points for priceline.com, maybe thats why I don't qualify. They don't want to give me 2 points on top of the 5 points for priceline.

Total $443,800
Message 9 of 11
staifokuzed
Regular Contributor

7x at priceline would be very nice.  Well having the priceline visa be better.  I would take the trade off 2x everingthe no AF with Visa logo.  nice line up of cards by the way

Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.