Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Barclay Rewards @ 18.24%?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Barclay Rewards @ 18.24%?

I got a mailer for a Barclaycard Rewards WMC a few days ago, and didn't think much of it (I'm at 4 cards in the last year, holding out hope for a CSP before some international travel this summer). However, when poking around their site, I noticed that they list the Rewards card as a single APR card--25.24%. 

I suppose it makes sense that there may be targeted offers based on APRs, but I wouldn't have expected one on a single-APR variety card. Is this a relatively normal thing that I just have missed?

I'm especially confused, as I wouldn't expect to meet any particular profile they are looking for--in fact, I don't prequal for anything of theirs online! 

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
daverhere
Contributor

Re: Barclay Rewards @ 18.24%?

I don't know BUT I got the 'exact' offer in mail today.

FICO May 2016 - EX 714, TU 711, EQ 713 - -
Message 2 of 4
Callandra
Valued Contributor

They used to (?) have a Rewards MC for excellent credit on their site with other, lower APRs. Maybe it's by targeted offer now?
Quicksilver $10,000 | Better Balance Rewards $2000 | Sallie Mae $3500 | Freedom $3500

Last HP: 9/27/2015
Message 3 of 4
WLRK11
Regular Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I got a mailer for a Barclaycard Rewards WMC a few days ago, and didn't think much of it (I'm at 4 cards in the last year, holding out hope for a CSP before some international travel this summer). However, when poking around their site, I noticed that they list the Rewards card as a single APR card--25.24%. 

I suppose it makes sense that there may be targeted offers based on APRs, but I wouldn't have expected one on a single-APR variety card. Is this a relatively normal thing that I just have missed?

I'm especially confused, as I wouldn't expect to meet any particular profile they are looking for--in fact, I don't prequal for anything of theirs online! 

I received this mailer back in late 2012 or early 2013. I entered the reference number online when applying and was given the APR listed. It's great for 2% gas, groceries and utilities and 1% on all other purchases. 

Age: 20s | AAoA: 2 yrs | FICO Scores: 700s | Inq: EX: ?, EQ: ?, TR: ? | GARDENING AS OF 06/2014

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.