Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Barclay Rewards CLOSED

tag
MrCredit
Established Contributor

Barclay Rewards CLOSED

I closed Barclay. I called them today and asked for an APR reduction and was turned down. My APR on this card is 22.99%. They can shove it, I do not need their louzy $1500 CL and APR.

Message 1 of 60
59 REPLIES 59
barbaralee
Established Contributor

Re: Barclay Rewards CLOSED

Barclay's does not do Apr reductions

Message 2 of 60
MrCredit
Established Contributor

There was someone in here that posted that said that he got his lowered by 2 points.

Message 3 of 60
barbaralee
Established Contributor

There was just a thread about Apr reduction and Barclay's was mentioned as not being one to reduce. It was within this last week. They'll increase your limit to the sky, but won't reduce your Apr.

Message 4 of 60
MrCredit
Established Contributor

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Credit-Cards/Barclay-Card-PC-and-APR-reduction/m-p/3408211#M944690

@barbaralee wrote:

There was just a thread about Apr reduction and Barclay's was mentioned as not being one to reduce. It was within this last week. They'll increase your limit to the sky, but won't reduce your Apr.

Message 5 of 60
AvadaKedavra
Established Contributor

I recently closed my Barclay Rewards and transferred the CL over to my Ring (8% APR). 

Message 6 of 60
barbaralee
Established Contributor

So I am guessing you focused on the one that said he got an Apr reduction and NOT the one where he said "they Almost never do it"? It just seems kind of silly to close it over not decreasing the Apr. How much of a balance were you carrying? 

Message 7 of 60
jllunas
Contributor

Barclay will do an apr reduction. I had my master card rewards reduced from 17.99 to 12.99. I had them for 2 years and heavily used them. I paid them off and don't use them much now.

Transunion 698
Equifax 713
Experian 700
Goal Score 750
HWLBA
Message 8 of 60
destine2grow
Frequent Contributor

If the OP wanted to close his account because he was not able to get an APR reduction that is his prerogative! We all do what is best for us.

Message 9 of 60
barbaralee
Established Contributor

@destine2grow wrote:
If the OP wanted to close his account because he was not able to get an APR reduction that is his prerogative! We all do what is best for us.

Yeah, and it is my opinion that the way he did it was silly, especially with Barclays. That is all. Smiley Tongue

Message 10 of 60
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.