Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Barclay Rewards CLOSED

tag
keithB
Established Contributor

Re: Barclay Rewards CLOSED

@MrCredit wrote:

I have a lot more viable options than a 22% APR and $1500 CL. My credit, money and choice. The way I see it there are a lot better banks/CUs than Barclays anyway.

@Maybe so, but with your scores @ 650, not much better.

Message 41 of 60
MrCredit
Established Contributor

NFCU at 13.99 with a $10k limit, I would say thats a lot better.

Message 42 of 60
destine2grow
Frequent Contributor

I just join NFCU and love them already!

Message 43 of 60
MrCredit
Established Contributor

They are AWESOME!!

Message 44 of 60
keithB
Established Contributor

@MrCredit wrote:

NFCU at 13.99 with a $10k limit, I would say thats a lot better.

I see that from another thread you plan to specialize in credit unions... That's probably a good idea with your scores and the obvious lack of plan on doing something to increase them.

Message 45 of 60
MrCredit
Established Contributor

Do you work for Barclay or something? What do you know about my lack of wanting to increase my scores? Do yourself a favor and go pound some sand! Good day.

Message 46 of 60
score_building
Senior Contributor

@MrCredit wrote:

They are AWESOME!!

Yep, and they're in a league of their own, if go around brushing off lenders who don't give you the same terms as NFCU, that will be a very short list indeed, but for sure don't have to take my word for it.

DCU EQ 5.0, Citi EQ 08 Bankcard, PenFed EX NG2
EX 08: AFCU, Amex, Chase, PSECU EX 98(?)
TU 08: Barclays, Discover
Message 47 of 60
keithB
Established Contributor

@MrCredit wrote:

Do you work for Barclay or something? What do you know about my lack of wanting to increase my scores? Do yourself a favor and go pound some sand! Good day.

Nope, I don't work for Barclays - I don't even have a card from them.  Honestly, my scores are better than yours but I wouldn't want to apply to them with such a low score.  I'm smart enough to realize that they will stick me with a low limit and high APR - just like the one you got your feelings hurt with.

But you have a game plan to specialize in credit unions in order to get high CL and low APRs, that's great.  But when it comes to Barclay, I suggest you don't take the fact they look at your low credit scores and decission not to bend over backwards to please you personally.  It's just business. 

Message 48 of 60
taxi818
Super Contributor

@keithB wrote:

@MrCredit wrote:

Nope, I don't work for Barclays - I don't even have a card from them.  Honestly, my scores are better than yours but I wouldn't want to apply to them with such a low score.  I'm smart enough to realize that they will stick me with a low limit and high APR - just like the one you got your feelings hurt with.

But you have a game plan to specialize in credit unions in order to get high CL and low APRs, that's great.  But when it comes to Barclay, I suggest you don't take the fact they look at your low credit scores and decission not to bend over backwards to please you personally.  It's just business. 

Can we all just get along??????Smiley Happy

Message 49 of 60
barbaralee
Established Contributor

@destine2grow wrote:

@barbaralee wrote:

@destine2grow wrote:

@keithB wrote:

@TheClub wrote:

@destine2grow wrote:
If the OP wanted to close his account because he was not able to get an APR reduction that is his prerogative! We all do what is best for us.

+1

What OP did was positive. Not sure why others are throwing shade. I wouldn't keep it open neither whether they officially do APR decreases or not.

What a bunch of politcally correct mumbo jumbo.  Great for OP, I hope he's happy with his decission.

But if someone disagrees with OPs action they are "throwing shade"?  Some of you all should lighten up.  You are taking this whole being supportive to a level of enablement.  Being positive is great, but so is constructive criticism. I would hope that OP might learn something as to not make a rash decision based upon pride and the inability to do something that can rarely be done in the future.

If 9 out of 10 people fail to get APR reductions and OP doesn't realize that Barclay's rarely does so, is it rational for OP to cancel Barclay's because of this? IMO, it depends - if OP went in knowing he was fighting an uphill battle but didn't care about the tradeline one way or the other then great, good for OP. But if OP went in thinking he could strong arm Barclays where he let his pride get the better of him, dictate his actions, leading to the closing of the account, then maybe not so good.

...(OP might have done this) which again is why I dislike when others question the OP of any thread. 

Where is the discussion then? If we don't question or disagree it will just be a bunch of high fiving, pats on the back.

Let me be clear.... I dislike when others question any OP on why they made the decision to do whatever. Asking questions and giving advise IMO is fine. I just don't see the reason for me or others to question why someone mae the decision they did. We can of course say why we would have done it differently.

Well, I guess that is where you and I will have to agree to disagree. I questions peoples decisions all the time, on this forum and in life. I question the person who decides to apply for a card even though they have 10 $300 store cards; I question the person who threw a fit when Capital One wouldn't increase his credit line and the CSR called his bluff; and I mostly definitely questions decisions that are made out of frustration because they did not get their way with a CSR. In the end it is only 1500, but like I said earlier, I just think it could have been done a better way. That's all I was saying. It's not like I was saying: "OMG!!! You sooooo stoooopid!!" Quite the opposite, actually. 

Sorry I didn't jump on the "it's the OP's perogative" bandwagon. Which I totally agree that it is... but it is my perogative to smirk and smdh. Smiley Happy 

On another note: I always guffaw when people turn up the "I'm better than this bank! Look at this HUUUGEE line this *insert random credit union* gave me!" Okok, you don't need Barclays, we get it. You can zip up your pants now. Smiley Wink 

Message 50 of 60
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.