Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Barclay Rewards Card Question

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Barclay Rewards Card Question

and still kept it at a very reasonable utilization level, just wanted to clarify

Message 11 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

I just did this a couple months ago and it works fine.  The absolute KEY to this is getting to the retentions department.  If you talk to the front line CSRs they do not even know this is possible so they will say it is not possible.  They honestly have no idea so they are not actually lying. 

I called and got shot down too, so I waited 15 mintues and called back and asked for the retention department when they asked why I just said I had questions only they could answer and I'd only talk to them.  They kept trying to see what I needed but I'd not share.   Once I got transfered fine, other times they could not do it it seemed. Just keep trying.   Once you get there they are great, open by asking for an APR reduction (I got a permanet 4% reduction) and then once done ask about SP.  I got a 50% increase in CL.  Then I also got 0% for 9 months, which does not matter becasue I PIF every month but was still nice.

Message 12 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

I really think the problem here was that the OP did not follow the advice given here and instead talked to Customer Service. I agree with everything you said below.

I recently got a great APR and ahd mine lowered by talking to an analyst. Retentions dept, analyst, these folks are the ones who can help you with CLI's and APR redux. NOT Customer Service. Wrong department.

@Anonymous wrote:

I just did this a couple months ago and it works fine.  The absolute KEY to this is getting to the retentions department.  If you talk to the front line CSRs they do not even know this is possible so they will say it is not possible.  They honestly have no idea so they are not actually lying. 

I called and got shot down too, so I waited 15 mintues and called back and asked for the retention department when they asked why I just said I had questions only they could answer and I'd only talk to them.  They kept trying to see what I needed but I'd not share.   Once I got transfered fine, other times they could not do it it seemed. Just keep trying.   Once you get there they are great, open by asking for an APR reduction (I got a permanet 4% reduction) and then once done ask about SP.  I got a 50% increase in CL.  Then I also got 0% for 9 months, which does not matter becasue I PIF every month but was still nice.

Message 13 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.