Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Barclay Rewards MC card image changed

tag
galahad15
Valued Contributor

Re: Barclay Rewards MC card image changed

@CreditCuriousity wrote:

they mise well just make it the commence image.... Still crying.  1 month and will be closing my poor poor SM.. You will be missed

Hi CC, sorry to hear about your feeling super-sad about the SM nerf and forced PC by Barclays there  Smiley Sad  J/c, have you considered at all keeping the SM (i.e., in its converted / PC'd form), out of memories of happier times with the SM and out of a certain degree of SM nostalgia, etc.?

The only reason I mention is, one of my own cards that I regret closing (when the new issuer nerfed the 90-day grace period feature on all purchases) was my former Direct Merchants Bank Titanium MC -- when HSBC acquired DMB and did the nerf, I closed the DMB card shortly thereafter.  I later regretted the closure b/c I had been quite fond of the card, and if I had it to do over again, I would have kept it open, but by the time I realized I wanted the card back, too much time had elapsed, and it was sadly too late to get it back...

Message 11 of 14
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

@galahad15 wrote:

@CreditCuriousity wrote:

they mise well just make it the commence image.... Still crying.  1 month and will be closing my poor poor SM.. You will be missed

Hi CC, sorry to hear about your feeling super-sad about the SM nerf and forced PC by Barclays there  Smiley Sad  J/c, have you considered at all keeping the SM (i.e., in its converted / PC'd form), out of memories of happier times with the SM and out of a certain degree of SM nostalgia, etc.?

The only reason I mention is, one of my own cards that I regret closing (when the new issuer nerfed the 90-day grace period feature on all purchases) was my former Direct Merchants Bank Titanium MC -- when HSBC acquired DMB and did the nerf, I closed the DMB card shortly thereafter.  I later regretted the closure b/c I had been quite fond of the card, and if I had it to do over again, I would have kept it open, but by the time I realized I wanted the card back, too much time had elapsed, and it was sadly too late to get it back...

Nah doubt ill regret it not only are the take 5% away from it and changing it to 2% on one or two things and 1% when I have other 2%+ cards.  Also they are removing world from it as well (not that I care, just another stomp on it for whatever reason).  I have opened alot of accounts in the last few years and last thing I want is barclay's to have any joy of AAing me on a card that is useless to me and if you seen a picture of it awful ugly, not that it should matter, but give a year old and they could create a better design that this work of "art".  Only thing half decent about it is my 11.x apr I have on it and have that beat on other cards as well.  I can't really think of one good reason to keep it other than a decent apr. I have wanted to shed a bit of credit as well, so this fits and helps out as well.  Hoping Chase does come out with the 5% amazon visa as rumored by recent posts as will jump most likely on that if that is the case vs.. sync version that I have held off on applying to until the last moment.  Just saw rumors of Chase 5% Visa which i rather have.

It was the perfect single mans/womans credit card for gas, grocery and amazon.. Heck you didnt even have to be single have a few for a family.  RIP SM.  

Message 12 of 14
wasCB14
Super Contributor

@CreditCuriousity wrote:

@galahad15 wrote:

@CreditCuriousity wrote:

Nah doubt ill regret it not only are the take 5% away from it and changing it to 2% on one or two things and 1% when I have other 2%+ cards.  Also they are removing world from it as well (not that I care, just another stomp on it for whatever reason).  I have opened alot of accounts in the last few years and last thing I want is barclay's to have any joy of AAing me on a card that is useless to me and if you seen a picture of it awful ugly, not that it should matter, but give a year old and they could create a better design that this work of "art".  Only thing half decent about it is my 11.x apr I have on it and have that beat on other cards as well.  I can't really think of one good reason to keep it other than a decent apr. I have wanted to shed a bit of credit as well, so this fits and helps out as well.  Hoping Chase does come out with the 5% amazon visa as removed by recent posts as will jump most likely on that if that is case vs. sync version that I have held off on applying to until the last moment.  Just saw rumors of Chase 5% Visa which i rather have.

It was the perfect single mans credit card for gas, grocery and amazon.. RIP SM.  

I'm thinking of keeping it as a SD card...I plan to do a fair amount more bonus chasing as it is, and it might help to have a few extra years-old open accounts among all the ones I'll be opening and closing in the next few years.

Personal spend: Amex Gold, Amex Schwab Plat., BofA PR+CCR(x2), Costco
Business use: Amex Bus. Plat., BBP, Lowes Amex AU, CFU AU
Perks: Delta Plat., United Explorer, IHG49, Hyatt, "Old SPG"
Mostly SD: Freedom Flex, Freedom, Arrival
Upgrade/Downgrade games: ED, BCE
SUB chasing: AA Platinum Select
Message 13 of 14
grillandwinemaster
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

https://goo.gl/images/T1mYaD

Before it was this: https://goo.gl/images/eahNxF

I preferred the old look. I had the "old" card, but I received a "new" one due to a fraud alert. My wife still had the older design. 

Current Scores 3/2016 Equifax 676 Transunion 697 Experian 648 Goal Scores: 720's accross the board. Gardening Goal: 3/2017
Message 14 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.