Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Barclay Rewards Master Card

tag
svtthis
Frequent Contributor

Barclay Rewards Master Card

Does this card qualify as a prime card? I just got this last month and I was hoping that it will lead to a csp/freedom or discover or maybe even a AMEX.

Message 1 of 16
15 REPLIES 15
Ron1
Super Contributor

Re: Barclay Rewards Master Card

Message 2 of 16
LS2982
Mega Contributor

@svtthis wrote:

Does this card qualify as a prime card? I just got this last month and I was hoping that it will lead to a csp/freedom or discover or maybe even a AMEX.

Yes, I have this one as a World MC with a 7.2K line. Currently utilizing a big BT but will be one of my go to cards when the BT is PIF.

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 3 of 16
bs6054
Valued Contributor

@LS2982 wrote:

@svtthis wrote:

Yes, I have this one as a World MC with a 7.2K line. Currently utilizing a big BT but will be one of my go to cards when the BT is PIF.

At until a few hours I had it as a Plat MC with 7.2K, and they wouldn't change it, so it is closed...

Message 4 of 16
LS2982
Mega Contributor

@bs6054 wrote:

@LS2982 wrote:

@svtthis wrote:

At until a few hours I had it as a Plat MC with 7.2K, and they wouldn't change it, so it is closed...

When you were approved was your initial CL $7.2K or lower??

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 5 of 16
svtthis
Frequent Contributor

Then I must have gotten lucky since my score was 647 with a BK7 reporting. But I'm def not complaining!

Message 6 of 16
LS2982
Mega Contributor

@svtthis wrote:

Then I must have gotten lucky since my score was 647 with a BK7 reporting. But I'm def not complaining!

Barclays can be BK friendly as long as other file stats are looking good.

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 7 of 16
w20031424
Frequent Contributor

I got the card last month with instant approval, $500 CL, increased to $2K after Recon.  1 year 8month credit history. So go for it!

Check out my previous post to find more info.

Fide Amex 15K | Barclays Reward 3.5K | Citi Forward Student 5K | Discover IT 12.8K | US Cash Reward 6K | GE Paypal 5.5K | Wal Discover 6K | CapOne 3.5K | Kohl's 0.3K
Message 8 of 16
bs6054
Valued Contributor

@LS2982 wrote:

@bs6054 wrote:

@LS2982 wrote:

@svtthis wrote:

It was initially 4.7K (which is why I assume it wasn't a World) then after 6 months became 7.2K.  A few weeks ago I asked if I could PC to something else as I couldn't benefit from the rewards ("not at this time"), today I asked about moving to a World, as it is over 5K.  Same answer, and so I closed it.

Message 9 of 16
LS2982
Mega Contributor

@bs6054 wrote:

@LS2982 wrote:

@bs6054 wrote:

@LS2982 wrote:

@svtthis wrote:

It was initially 4.7K (which is why I assume it wasn't a World) then after 6 months became 7.2K.  A few weeks ago I asked if I could PC to something else as I couldn't benefit from the rewards ("not at this time"), today I asked about moving to a World, as it is over 5K.  Same answer, and so I closed it.

That really sucks. I only got the "World" description because it started out at 5K. Transferred my Apple CL to it for 7.2K.

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 10 of 16
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.