Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Barclay Rewards Mastercard?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Barclay Rewards Mastercard?

So i learned that barclays pulls TU only, does anyone know what is the average credit score they might approve with? Their Barclay Rewards Mastercard looks good and also has no af.

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Barclay Rewards Mastercard?

Not just the score they look at. Mostly new accounts, aaoa, and inquiries. I just applied earlier today and got the we need further review message. Going to call their credit analyst number in the morning.
Message 2 of 9
surfnspy
Contributor

I was approved for a Barclays World MC in 2012 and they pulled TU and EX. I live in CA. Good luck!

EX: 750 (05/2015) | EQ: 765 (5/2015) | TU: 765 (5/2015)

Barclays World MasterCard CL: $19K
Capital One MasterCard CL: $3.9K (sock drawer)
CHASE Sapphire Preferred Visa Sig CL: $20K
JPM Ritz Carlton Visa Sig CL: $20K
Inquiries: 1 (EX) 0 (TU) 0 (EQ)
Message 3 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

I got approved through recon with a 605 - one medical collection (that never should have gone to collections) and one charged off loan. Both PIF but hadn't been updated/removed.

SL is crap, though, but I was just happy to get in with them.

Good luck!

Message 4 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
Not just the score they look at. Mostly new accounts, aaoa, and inquiries. I just applied earlier today and got the we need further review message. Going to call their credit analyst number in the morning.

Yes, in addition to what I wrote eariler about 605 and baddies - I had only one inquiry on TU, one discover card 4 months old, and 2 or 3 comenity cards opened within the month or so that I applied for Barclay.

Message 5 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have an old Barclay bank card on my credit report that has been charged off. I am guessing they wouldnt approve.

Message 6 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

I would guess not, but seeing as how picky of a lender they seem to be, I would think a CO would be a huge red flag for them. Just my two cents.
Message 7 of 9
SeattleSuperBowlChampions
New Contributor

At the time I applied and was approved, I believe my score was in the mid 600's with a few baddies on my CR.  I was actually pretty surprised.

BarclayCard - Rewards MC - 5,000 | Amex - Skymiles Platinum - 18,000 | Chase - Freedom - 3,000 | Chase - Hyatt - 5,000 | Amazon SC - 3,800 | Fidelity AMEX - 17,000 | Chase - Ritz - 10,000
Message 8 of 9
skorpyo3
Frequent Contributor

I had a Barclay's B&N MC that I included in BK back in 2012. Currently have Barclay's Rewards MC with $3000 CL. Originally approved for $1500. Increased to $3000 after 3 recons. I think I got lucky, but it was worth it. TU Fico 08 Score 660. Good luck jt35!
|EQ 698|TU 674|EX 665| BK discharged 11/2012

[Amex PRG No PSL] [Cap 1 QS Visa Sig $50,000] [Barclaycard CashForward WMC $25,000] [Patelco CU MC $20,000] [BofA Cash Rewards Visa Sig $15,000] [Amex BCE $13,000] [Discover It Cashback $13,500] [US Bank Cash + Visa Sig $10,000][US Bank Platinum Visa $8,400] [Penfed Power Cash Rewards Visa Sig $10,000] [USAA Cashback Rewards Plus Amex $15,000] [Citi AAdvantage WMC $5,000] [Macy's Amex $7,500] [JCP $6,500] [Amazon Prime $6,000] [Target $2,000]
Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.