Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Barclay Rewards PC from Visa to MasterCard

tag
westcoastpirate
Contributor

Barclay Rewards PC from Visa to MasterCard

Hello everyone! I was approved for the Barclay Apple Visa back in Nov 2012. I was able to PC the Apple card to the Barclay Rewards card in Aug 2013. When I received the Rewards card in the mail, it was a Visa instead of a MasterCard, which I think was due to the Apple card being a Visa. However, I really would prefer to have the Rewards card as a MC instead of Visa. Has anyone PC'd the Barclay Rewards card from Visa to MC?
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Barclay Rewards PC from Visa to MasterCard

@westcoastpirate wrote:
Hello everyone! I was approved for the Barclay Apple Visa back in Nov 2012. I was able to PC the Apple card to the Barclay Rewards card in Aug 2013. When I received the Rewards card in the mail, it was a Visa instead of a MasterCard, which I think was due to the Apple card being a Visa. However, I really would prefer to have the Rewards card as a MC instead of Visa. Has anyone PC'd the Barclay Rewards card from Visa to MC?

AFAIK, everything that was PC'd from the former card stays as is with the only differnce being the rewards and product structure.  You can contact them to get some insight on this but I believe the payment network cannot be changed.

Message 2 of 4
westcoastpirate
Contributor

Thanks for the info. Keeping it a Visa is fine, I just wanted a MC since I already have a Visa and AMEX in my wallet.
Message 3 of 4
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@westcoastpirate wrote:
Thanks for the info. Keeping it a Visa is fine, I just wanted a MC since I already have a Visa and AMEX in my wallet.

I would call them just to confirm since Barclays PC policies can be quirky sometimes.  This will give you piece of mind in the event that they could PC the payment network.

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.