Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Barclay Rewards PC to Arrival?

tag
mechanicaljen
Regular Contributor

Barclay Rewards PC to Arrival?

I called their customer service line, and was told this is not possible.

Is that true?

Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Barclay Rewards PC to Arrival?

I have gone from Arrival to Rewards...not sure why you couldn't go the other way. How old is the account?

Message 2 of 10
mechanicaljen
Regular Contributor

Acct is a year and a half old.

Message 3 of 10
CraigHwk
Regular Contributor

Had the same thing happen to me yesterday.  My Rewards Mastercard is two years old and i asked to upgrade to Arrival.  After about 30 seconds they said it was not possible.  I opened a Sallie Mae in March and an Apple Rewards card about a two weeks ago, so maybe that has something to do with it?

USAA MC ✪ Amex BCP, SPG, Platinum ✪ Chase Sapphire Preferred, Freedom, Freedom Unlimited, Marriott Rewards, United Explorer ✪ Discover IT ✪ CapOne QS ✪ Fidelity Visa ✪ BarclaysPlatinum Rewards ✪ Citi Double Cash

Starting EX FICO (2010): 513 | Current FICO: EX 759, EQ: 773, TU: 761
Message 4 of 10
michaels88369
Frequent Contributor

This is possible! I did it not even a week ago. I applied for the Barclay rewards and was instantly approved for $750. Called back 2 days later after I received the card in the mail and asked to pc to the Arrival. She put me on hold and said ok we will pc you and the new card will arrive in 5-7 business days and limit would stay the same. I received the card 2 days ago.
Credit conscience!
Message 5 of 10
Harvey26
Valued Contributor

They told me it was not possible i wanted to go from rewards to arrival plus..... i am going to call again. 
@michaels88369 wrote:
This is possible! I did it not even a week ago. I applied for the Barclay rewards and was instantly approved for $750. Called back 2 days later after I received the card in the mail and asked to pc to the Arrival. She put me on hold and said ok we will pc you and the new card will arrive in 5-7 business days and limit would stay the same. I received the card 2 days ago.

Amex ED: 7K, Delta Gold Amex: 7K Macys Amex: 8K , Bloomingdales Amex: 1K , BOA Premium Rewards: 50K , Best Buy Visa: 7K , Banana Republic Mastercard: 5K Target Store Card: 2K VACU Mastercard: 11.5K Discover: 25K, Penfed Platinum Rewards: 12.5K, Apple Card:3K, TD Double Up: 15K
@ 1.74
Message 6 of 10
noobody
Established Contributor

Ask if they can PC to the new Barclaycard CashForward™ World MasterCard®, might be a better option to consider

EX819 1HP|TU797 1HP| EQ(Fico8 BankCard)841
Message 7 of 10
mechanicaljen
Regular Contributor

Good to know that someone has done it! 

I'll try again today. I also asked via their online secure messaging system.  The response there was "no" as well.

Message 8 of 10
michaels88369
Frequent Contributor

Any luck PCing?

Credit conscience!
Message 9 of 10
Harvey26
Valued Contributor

@michaels88369 wrote:

Any luck PCing?

was told I dont see any offers for you to upgrade .. i will keep trying tho Smiley Sad 

Amex ED: 7K, Delta Gold Amex: 7K Macys Amex: 8K , Bloomingdales Amex: 1K , BOA Premium Rewards: 50K , Best Buy Visa: 7K , Banana Republic Mastercard: 5K Target Store Card: 2K VACU Mastercard: 11.5K Discover: 25K, Penfed Platinum Rewards: 12.5K, Apple Card:3K, TD Double Up: 15K
@ 1.74
Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.