Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Barclay Rewards World M/C ?

tag
Credit-hoarder
Valued Contributor

Barclay Rewards World M/C ?

So I just read my approval email from my Barclay M/C approval 2 days ago..and apparently I was approved for the WMC version-which I didn't even know existed. Although they only gave my a $2.5K limit. Is their any added advantage to having the WMC version vs. the regular M/C?

BUSINESS
Rewards Pts.-Miles: UR-MR-TYP-Venture
Message 1 of 14
13 REPLIES 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Barclay Rewards World M/C ?

@Credit-hoarder wrote:

So I just read my approval email from my Barclay M/C approval 2 days ago..and apparently I was approved for the WMC version-which I didn't even know existed. Although they only gave my a $2.5K limit. Is their any added advantage to having the WMC version vs. the regular M/C?

Concierge, A nice WORLD logo on your card.

Otherwise, use and abuse as you would any Mastercard. Smiley Happy

Message 2 of 14
fedxboy
Established Contributor

@Credit-hoarder wrote:

Congrats on the WMC version!!  Besides it being a WMC over the platinum -- didn't you get a longer BT offer of 18 months vs 6 months and the lower apr of 14.99 vs 24.99?  That's the offer I got with this card in Aug 2014 and a 9500 limit Smiley Happy

(7/23/16) AMEX FICO EX 728, (6/20/16) Discover FICO TU 747, (7/24/16) Barclays FICO 750 (TC Lines $400+K) AAoA= 4.3 yrs
Message 3 of 14
Credit-hoarder
Valued Contributor

@fedxboy: Not sure about the APR and the balance transfer extension yet--I'll have to call and ask about those. If I do call, do you think I should try to recon for a higher limit? Everything I currently have is below...

Discover It-$6K ll Wells Fargo Visa-$6K ll USAA Cash Rew. Visa-$13K ll Chase Sapphire Prefereed VS-$5K ll Capital One QS
Visa Signature-$5K ll OCCU Beaver Visa-$1.5K ll AMEX Green-NPSL ll Macy's-$2.5K ll Wal Mart Mastercard/Synchrony-$2K ll
Chase/BP Gas-$500 ll Sears/Citi-$2k ll Pay-Pal Smart Connect/Synchrony-$2.5K ll Best Buy/Citi-$4K ll Sportsman's Guide Visa-$7K ll
Coldwater Creek M/C-$4.5K ll Credit Union Visa-$2.5K ll FNBO AMEX-$6K ll Barclay Rewards WMC-$2.5K ll Chase Freedom-$1.5K
ll Camping World Good Sam Visa-$2.25K ll Union Plus Mastercard/Capital One-$2K

BUSINESS
Rewards Pts.-Miles: UR-MR-TYP-Venture
Message 4 of 14
FlawlessShineAutoSpa
Established Contributor

Congratulations on your approval for you Barclayd Rewards WMC! Continue Success in The World of Credit Cards!

American Express Blue Cash Everyday $2000 •• Cap1 Venture One $10K
Barclaycard Rewards Mastercard $1500 •• Chase Freedom Visa $3500
Cap 1 Quicksilver Visa $5000 •• Cap 1 Quicksilver Mastecard $2000
Syncrhrony $1500 •• Citi Double Cash $1700 •• Cap1 Spark Classic $2000
Credit One Visa $500

Message 5 of 14
thelethargicage
Valued Contributor

"Congrats! Thanks for sharing"

Message 6 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

@FlawlessShineAutoSpa wrote:

Congratulations on your approval for you Barclayd Rewards WMC! Continue Success in The World of Credit Cards!

Specifically World MasterCards.

Message 7 of 14
mikelo22
Established Contributor

I believe WMC also offers purchase protection (in case of lost/stolen) whereas regular mastercard does not. Although I could be wrong, so feel free to correct me.

All in all, you get a few more perks and you get a pretty "W O R L D" above the MC logo. Smiley Happy

Message 8 of 14
woodyman100
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@Credit-hoarder wrote:

Concierge, A nice WORLD logo on your card.

Otherwise, use and abuse as you would any Mastercard. Smiley Happy

+100

NFCU-ICCU-EECU-PSECU-DoverFCU-DCUFCU-Union Square FCU-Signature FCU-AODFCU-RedstoneFCU-USAllianceFCU-Amarillo National Bank-BHG MC-CapitalOne-CapitalOne Biz-Regions-Goldman Sachs (Apple/GM)-Evolve-Fifth Third-Gemini-Huntington-Imprint-USBank-Pinnacle-Cardless-John Deere-Discover-BofA-BofA Biz-Celtic Bank (M1)-Chase-Chase Biz-Amex-Amex Biz-Wells Fargo-Commerce-FNBO-Citi-Citi Biz-Synchrony-Synchrony Biz-Target TD-Third Coast Bank-USAA-Amegy-Amegy Biz-Dell-Citizens Biz-Comenity-Comenity Biz-Bread (Comenity)-DSNB-Webbank-Bill
Message 9 of 14
CreditMagic7
Mega Contributor

Congrats! on landing Barclays Rewards WMC!

Oddly enough, that card was surprisingly my first Instant Approval! as well as first entry with Barclays.

Message 10 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.