Valued Contributor

Barclay Ring Card?

Maybe considering app'ing for this card for the low interest rate.

What is the general consensus on this card at this time?

Ray

** Every Card has a Job, and Every Card does its Job **

Super Contributor

Re: Barclay Ring Card?

Here's a long discussion on it:   http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Credit-Cards/The-offical-Barclaycard-Ring-Thread/m-p/1355529#M376373

March2010 FICO® ~ 695 TU, 653 EQ, 697 EX
New Contributor

It is a great card if you carry a balance. Otherwise, it will just be a dust collecter for you like it is for me (they don't offer any rewards at all).

The site is pretty cool though.

Feb. 2012: TU: 677 EQ: 647 EX: 666
Aug. 2013: TU: 729 EQ: 726 EX: 697
Goal 2013+: 720+ All Three
New Visitor

Bankrate reports that Barclaycard Ring is now accessible to consumers. The charge card is closely tied to an online network that chose the card's design, what the rates should be and the way the card is marketed.

Super Contributor

Ray,

It is a good card to have if you plan to carry any balance.  I don't think it is a good idea to carry balance over three to four months.  My brother had Apple Card and he carried balance over three months. They decreased his card CL.  I have Barclays Rewards World MC and I think it is pretty good card to have.

Ron.

Valued Contributor

[ Edited ]

Thanks for the feedback. Since I have a USAA WMC with an APR of 7.75%, I think I will hold off for now. Don't really want the INQ.

But it does look like a good card for sure. I think it would be fun to be able to participate and help shape the card....

Ray

Super Contributor

I was thinking of PC'ing my Apple card to the Ring sometimes in December. My apple APR is high

Valued Contributor

CS800 wrote:

I was thinking of PC'ing my Apple card to the Ring sometimes in December. My apple APR is high

I think that is a great idea - will they do a PC you think?

Ray

Super Contributor

RockinRay wrote:

CS800 wrote:

I think that is a great idea - will they do a PC you think?

The Apple card is known for its high APR . I'm hitting the 1 year mark with my Apple card in October. My current CL on my Apple card is $10K. I have to call them and see what the deal is.

Super Contributor

Advertiser Disclosure: The listings that appear on myFICO are from companies from which myFICO receives compensation, which may impact how and where products appear on myFICO (including, for example, the order in which they appear). myFICO does not review or include all companies or all available products.
† Credit cards for FICO Score ranges: The score ranges are guidelines based on actual applicant approvals and having a FICO Score in a particular range does not guarantee you will be approved for credit cards recommended in that range.

Copyright ©2001-2015 Fair Isaac Corporation. All rights reserved.   | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Sitemap

IMPORTANT INFORMATION: All FICO® Score products made available on myFICO.com include a FICO® Score 8, along with additional FICO® Score versions. Your lender or insurer may use a different FICO® Score than the versions you receive from myFICO, or another type of credit score altogether. Learn more

FICO, myFICO, Score Watch, The score lenders use, and The Score That Matters are trademarks or registered trademarks of Fair Isaac Corporation. Equifax Credit Report is a trademark of Equifax, Inc. and its affiliated companies. Many factors affect your FICO Score and the interest rates you may receive. Fair Isaac is not a credit repair organization as defined under federal or state law, including the Credit Repair Organizations Act. Fair Isaac does not provide "credit repair" services or advice or assistance regarding "rebuilding" or "improving" your credit record, credit history or credit rating. FTC's website on credit.