Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Barclay Ring Card?

tag
RockinRay
Valued Contributor

Barclay Ring Card?

Maybe considering app'ing for this card for the low interest rate.

What is the general consensus on this card at this time?

Ray

** Every Card has a Job, and Every Card does its Job **
Message 1 of 17
16 REPLIES 16
pizzadude
Credit Mentor

Re: Barclay Ring Card?

Here's a long discussion on it:   http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Credit-Cards/The-offical-Barclaycard-Ring-Thread/m-p/1355529#M376373

March2010 FICO® ~ 695 TU, 653 EQ, 697 EX
Message 2 of 17
ComputerWizMaster
New Contributor

It is a great card if you carry a balance. Otherwise, it will just be a dust collecter for you like it is for me (they don't offer any rewards at all).

The site is pretty cool though.

Feb. 2012: TU: 677 EQ: 647 EX: 666
Aug. 2013: TU: 729 EQ: 726 EX: 697
Goal 2013+: 720+ All Three
Message 3 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

Bankrate reports that Barclaycard Ring is now accessible to consumers. The charge card is closely tied to an online network that chose the card's design, what the rates should be and the way the card is marketed.

Message 4 of 17
Ron1
Super Contributor

Ray,

It is a good card to have if you plan to carry any balance.  I don't think it is a good idea to carry balance over three to four months.  My brother had Apple Card and he carried balance over three months. They decreased his card CL.  I have Barclays Rewards World MC and I think it is pretty good card to have.

Ron.

Message 5 of 17
RockinRay
Valued Contributor

Thanks for the feedback. Since I have a USAA WMC with an APR of 7.75%, I think I will hold off for now. Don't really want the INQ.

But it does look like a good card for sure. I think it would be fun to be able to participate and help shape the card....

Ray

Message 6 of 17
CS800
Super Contributor

I was thinking of PC'ing my Apple card to the Ring sometimes in December. My apple APR is high

Message 7 of 17
RockinRay
Valued Contributor

@CS800 wrote:

I was thinking of PC'ing my Apple card to the Ring sometimes in December. My apple APR is high

I think that is a great idea - will they do a PC you think?

Ray

Message 8 of 17
CS800
Super Contributor

@RockinRay wrote:

@CS800 wrote:

I think that is a great idea - will they do a PC you think?

The Apple card is known for its high APR . I'm hitting the 1 year mark with my Apple card in October. My current CL on my Apple card is $10K. I have to call them and see what the deal is.

Message 9 of 17
CS800
Super Contributor

Message 10 of 17
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.