cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Barclay Ring: does anyone have experience with its "Giveback" program?

tag
Timmy_Hardwell
Established Member

Barclay Ring: does anyone have experience with its "Giveback" program?

Hi,

Can anyone share his/her experience with this card's "Giveback" or so-called "profit-sharing" program?

-How often is it disbursed?  Monthly? or Annually?

- What was the percentage over that time period?  (amount given back per what you spent?)

Just wondering if this product is worth getting as a "catch-all" cash rebate card for non 5% categories ( a la fidelity amex 2% everything)

Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
Timmy_Hardwell
Established Member

Re: Barclay Ring: does anyone have experience with its "Giveback" program?

@Hammer23

any thoughts?

Message 2 of 11
johnpalley
Established Contributor

i want this card cause of the rate on cash advances

Message 3 of 11
Weights
Regular Contributor

I have the ring, but never paid much attention to the profit sharing honestly.  I may be wrong on this, but I believe the giveback is dispersed once every six months or so.  I never got too much on it (usually around $5 or so), but I also haven't been using the card as much as others.  If you are thinking about this card for rewards, then this is probably not your best choice.  Part of the reason why the apr is so low comes from the lack of rewards in the true sense.  If, however, you want a card with a low apr that nevertheless gives you some sort of rewards for its use, then I'd look further into it. 

Message 4 of 11
chwebb1
Established Contributor

To me, I don't really pay attention to the Giveback program. I just like the card for its great APR. I think it's distributed every 6 months, though.

photo NUS000000180_160X101_STRAIGHT.gif photo DISCOVER_IT_LG.gif photo card_1.png photo night-launch.png photo NUS000000012_160X101_STRAIGHT.gif photo bankamericard-better-balance-rewards-credit-card-small.png
$15000 ........... $12500 ............ $11750 ............ $10000 ........... $9400 ............ $5000 ............. $5000
In the Garden until at least November 2015
Message 5 of 11
samm90
New Contributor

Is there a minimum income to be approved for this card?
Discover Tu 730(2/14) DCU Eq 725(2/28)

Bouncing back from new accts and inqs. Hope to be back over 760 soon.
Message 6 of 11
chwebb1
Established Contributor

I don't believe so. I believe I put $12k (or could have been $16k) and was approved after recon.

photo NUS000000180_160X101_STRAIGHT.gif photo DISCOVER_IT_LG.gif photo card_1.png photo night-launch.png photo NUS000000012_160X101_STRAIGHT.gif photo bankamericard-better-balance-rewards-credit-card-small.png
$15000 ........... $12500 ............ $11750 ............ $10000 ........... $9400 ............ $5000 ............. $5000
In the Garden until at least November 2015
Message 7 of 11
w003ptr
Contributor

I thought the only worthwhile benefit of this card is the low APR.. and in that case you're probably better off apping for a card with a 0% intro period when you know you're going to be carrying a balance for a while.

Last App 12/8/13 - BoA Better Balance Rewards

Wallet: Discover IT $4500, Chase Freedom $3k, Citi Forward $3000, AmEx BCE $2k

Sock Drawer: Citi Diamond Preferred $10500, BoA BBR $7500, Citi Platinum Select $2200, AmEx Clear $2k, J.Crew $1850, US Bank Platinum $500

12/2013: TU = 763, EX = 791, EQ = ??
Message 8 of 11
samm90
New Contributor

I'll probably app in July
Discover Tu 730(2/14) DCU Eq 725(2/28)

Bouncing back from new accts and inqs. Hope to be back over 760 soon.
Message 9 of 11
JustinS
Regular Contributor

Already have their rewards MC and tried to app for the ring cc and it appears they really don't like seeing many inquiries or new accounts for a period of time before app'ing so I myself don't intend on bothering with them much for awhile (recently got a 3x CLI on my card I have with them so probably has something to do with the decline). In general anyone looking for the ring card should probably wait until any new credit ding falls off/fades eg 6 months to a year I'd guess.

Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.