Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Barclay Ring mail offer

tag
Viva-LV
Frequent Contributor

Barclay Ring mail offer

Lately, my spouse has received offers from Barclay: Cash Forward, Arrival +.  Received a Ring offer in the mail today: 0% for 15 months (including BT's in the first 45 days), then 13.74% thereafter.  Looks like Barclay is getting away from their lower interest incentives for this card.  I have the Ring, and needless to say, I checked my statement: 8.75% currently.  I haven't checked the Ring forum lately, any thoughts?

Am Ex | BOA | Chase | Citi | Disc | PenFed | USB | 400K Club
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
SouthJamaica
Mega Contributor

Re: Barclay Ring mail offer

@Viva-LV wrote:

Lately, my spouse has received offers from Barclay: Cash Forward, Arrival +.  Received a Ring offer in the mail today: 0% for 15 months (including BT's in the first 45 days), then 13.74% thereafter.  Looks like Barclay is getting away from their lower interest incentives for this card.  I have the Ring, and needless to say, I checked my statement: 8.75% currently.  I haven't checked the Ring forum lately, any thoughts?

Yeah, unfortunately their new version of the card joins the herd -- interest free promo, mediocre terms after that.

Total revolving limits 741200 (620700 reporting) FICO 8: EQ 703 TU 704 EX 691

Message 2 of 6
elim
Senior Contributor

The change happened in February of this year. After it's 0% promo, the new card is useless IMO.

"New Product Description:
We’ve decided that, starting in early February, we’ll change our product offer for NEW Barclaycard Ring applicants to a 0% Introductory APR on balance transfers made within 45 days of account opening and purchases for the first 15 billing cycles. After the introductory offer ends, the APR for new cardmembers will be a variable APR, currently 13.49% (Prime + 9.74%).

The introductory 0% APR offer will help Barclaycard target a larger audience, which will in turn expand our portfolio. The post-promotion variable APR (currently13.49%) will take our Giveback program in a better financial direction. To be clear, this isn’t a marketing test. We’ve taken the learnings from previous tests and determined that this new offer is competitive and attractive to a wider audience.

Existing cardmembers not affected by new product changes."

Message 3 of 6
pipeguy
Senior Contributor

All I can say is I'm glad I got my RING at the old terms and in truth I like low APR no-rewards cards (well if there was such a thing a low APR 2% back card, one can wish). I will say that I make a descent amount of rewards every year, but I probably make more on cash back spend intro promotions and 0% intro offers. I don't really have the time or attention span to chase maximum rewards for this card and that card for whatever the flavor of the month/quarter is....

Message 4 of 6
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

@pipeguy wrote:

All I can say is I'm glad I got my RING at the old terms and in truth I like low APR no-rewards cards (well if there was such a thing a low APR 2% back card, one can wish). I will say that I make a descent amount of rewards every year, but I probably make more on cash back spend intro promotions and 0% intro offers. I don't really have the time or attention span to chase maximum rewards for this card and that card for whatever the flavor of the month/quater is....

Penfed Power Cash is 9.49 w/2% back with the best terms if you have checking with them.. Not to far off from the Ring.

Message 5 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Got'ta wonder if Barclays put the kiss of death on the Barclay's Ring like they did for the Sallie Mae and seems other cards they have like the Rewards!
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.