Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Barclay SM for Daughter?

tag
BluePoodle
Valued Contributor

Re: Barclay SM for Daughter?

My daughter was just approved for the Barclay Sallie Mae card for $3,200!  I was shocked!!!!

My CL is only $3k so she is making me feel bad, LOL. I am surprised but so happy for her.

CapOne $7500 | Discover $8500 | Amex ED $25K | Barclay SM $5700 | Chase Disney $500 | Chase Slate $5K | Target $3K | Hilton Amex $2K
Gardening Since 4/3/2017
Message 11 of 16
Longroad
Established Contributor

@BluePoodle wrote:

My daughter was just approved for the Barclay Sallie Mae card for $3,200!  I was shocked!!!!

My CL is only $3k so she is making me feel bad, LOL. I am surprised but so happy for her.

That is awsome. Congrats to her. My son was approved with $3200 in Nov '13 and just received auto CLI to $5200. I could only get $1500 on my SM so I know how you feel. 

Message 12 of 16
BluePoodle
Valued Contributor

@Longroad wrote:

@BluePoodle wrote:

That is awsome. Congrats to her. My son was approved with $3200 in Nov '13 and just received auto CLI to $5200. I could only get $1500 on my SM so I know how you feel. 

Thanks and thanks for sharing your sons info. I wasn't sure if she should try with them but after hearing your two sons results helped me.  It was interesting having her go over the 3 choices, Journey, Discover It, and SM. She chose the card she thought would best fit her and applied online. I think she was more impressed with my shock then that she was approved or her limit amount. LOL

CapOne $7500 | Discover $8500 | Amex ED $25K | Barclay SM $5700 | Chase Disney $500 | Chase Slate $5K | Target $3K | Hilton Amex $2K
Gardening Since 4/3/2017
Message 13 of 16
Kenny
Moderator Emeritus

Awesome! Congrats to her!! Smiley Happy
Message 14 of 16
Longroad
Established Contributor

@BluePoodle wrote:

@Longroad wrote:

@BluePoodle wrote:

Thanks and thanks for sharing your sons info. I wasn't sure if she should try with them but after hearing your two sons results helped me.  It was interesting having her go over the 3 choices, Journey, Discover It, and SM. She chose the card she thought would best fit her and applied online. I think she was more impressed with my shock then that she was approved or her limit amount. LOL

It is fun to work with them on this. Got a call the other day asking "Dad, which one do I use for gas?" Good to know they are thinking about it. I hope they don't make the same mistakes that I have made for sure. 

Message 15 of 16
BluePoodle
Valued Contributor

@Longroad wrote:

@BluePoodle wrote:

@Longroad wrote:

@BluePoodle wrote:

It is fun to work with them on this. Got a call the other day asking "Dad, which one do I use for gas?" Good to know they are thinking about it. I hope they don't make the same mistakes that I have made for sure. 

Haha, that is great! Too funny!

We will have the summer to see how she does with it. I would guess she could approved for another one or two cards but I think this one should be decent to start with.  It covers her main categories so that will keep it simple for her.

Thanks again for your help! 

Gardening Since 4/3/2017
Message 16 of 16
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.