Credit Card Center Advertiser Disclosure

Valued Member
0 Kudos

Barclay Sallie Mae BT Checks?

For the past couple of months, I have been getting snail mail from Barclay Sallie Mae card with balance transfer checks. I must've received 10 letters or so.

Has anyone else gotten these? I don't have any balances to transfer as I PIF, so I'm not sure why they keep sending them. Are they good for anything else?

TIA.

$12,400              $20,000           $10,000             $6,000               $4,700               $5,800            $1,050 (AU)
Suncoast CU VISA - $2500, BOA BBR VISA - $1000 || EX - 778 (12/13), EQ - 764 (12/13), TU - 763 (12/13) || Grad Student
Valued Contributor
0 Kudos

Re: Barclay Sallie Mae BT Checks?

Get them all the time for my arrival card 

If you don't have any balances to transfer right now you can just write a check to yourself to cover any other expenses you may have going on in your life 

FICO 08-EX: 746 TU: 752 EQ: 750 AAoA: 4yrs TLs: 40 Neg: 0

Credit Limits: $300,000+
Miles: 400,000+
MRPs: 200,000+
Cash Back: $2,000+
Super Contributor
0 Kudos

They send them to be all the time too. I'm not sure why, but since I rarely use my Sallie honestly, it is probably because they're trying to get me to use it more.

Valued Contributor
0 Kudos

BT offers are so crazy.

Banks,like Barclays, waste paper sending checks. They should just leave the option on the account to request them. I realize sometimes it's best to send unsolicited because human nature will have us spending if available. Other times we might not "know" we needed one until it shows up.

It's just crazy because they inundate you one minute and then have no offers available when you ARE looking the next...or they have crappy, regular rate BT offers.

As I proposed, just have a constant 0% APR offer on the account like DISCOVER always does. There is no downside that I can see from doing this. Only the gaining of a 1-3% fee.
Super Contributor
0 Kudos

I got checks from them exactly one time.

EX FICO  26 INQ  761
EQ FICO  10 INQ  756
TU FICO  12 INQ  770
Total CL$340,00033 TL
Frequent Contributor
0 Kudos

I have had their rewards MC for 18 mos. now.  Low CL of 500 but they just gave me a 4k US Airways card.  They refuse to give me a CLI on the rewards card even after requesting one an giving ermission for a hard pull.  Last billing cycle, I received paper BT checks for the Rewards MC FOR THE FIRST TIME,  Felt like calling them and saying, "Teacher, will this be on the test?"

Senior Contributor
0 Kudos

Nixon wrote:

Inconcievable!

TU-8: 771 EX-8: 775 EQ-8: 772    EX-8 Bankcard: 817    TU-9 Bankcard: 795 EQ-9: 822    EX-98: 740 EQ-04: 754 Total $437,800
Valued Contributor
0 Kudos

Themanwhocan wrote:

Nixon wrote:

Inconcievable!

I don't think that word means what you think it means. Smiley LOL I have received checks before as well. 

EX: 800+; EQ: 800+; TU: 800+ --> Entered the garden on 11/15/14. Planning on leaving around 1/1/17.
Contributor
0 Kudos

I get them frequently. They always offer the 2% and 3% fee, one with a shorter 0% APR and one with a longer 0% APR.

Highlighted
Established Contributor
0 Kudos

I get them all the time. They go from the mailbox to the shredder.
EQ - 834 TU - 823 EX - 822
Amex NPSL Amex BCP - 25,000, Amex EDC - 12000, Diner's Club Premier -35,000, Ritz Carlton - 18000 DIscover 12,100, Chase Reserve -32,000 Total Rewards 13200, Barclay 10000, Macy's Amerx 5000, Macy's 1600, Citi Preferred 6100

Imgsrc="http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/image/serverpage/image-id/5761iE36E284CEECEA414" title="Palladium Garden Club Member" border="0" width="40" height="40" align="right">

Forums posts are not provided or commissioned by FICO. Forums posts have not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by FICO. It is not FICO's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered.

† Advertiser Disclosure: The listings that appear on myFICO are from companies from which myFICO receives compensation, which may impact how and where products appear on myFICO (including, for example, the order in which they appear). myFICO does not review or include all companies or all available products.
‡ Credit cards for FICO Score ranges: The score ranges are guidelines based on internal myFICO analysis of actual applicant approvals, and having a FICO Score in a particular range does not guarantee you will be approved for credit cards recommended in that range. These ranges were not provided by any card issuer.

* For complete information, see the terms and conditions on the credit card issuer’s website. Once you click apply for this card, you will be directed to the issuer’s website where you may review the terms and conditions of the card before applying. While myFICO always strives to present the most accurate information, we show a summary to help you choose a product, not the full legal terms - and before applying you should understand the full terms of products as stated by the issuer itself.

Copyright ©2001-2015 Fair Isaac Corporation. All rights reserved.   | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Sitemap

IMPORTANT INFORMATION: All FICO® Score products made available on myFICO.com include a FICO® Score 8, along with additional FICO® Score versions. Your lender or insurer may use a different FICO® Score than the versions you receive from myFICO, or another type of credit score altogether. Learn more

FICO, myFICO, Score Watch, The score lenders use, and The Score That Matters are trademarks or registered trademarks of Fair Isaac Corporation. Equifax Credit Report is a trademark of Equifax, Inc. and its affiliated companies. Many factors affect your FICO Score and the interest rates you may receive. Fair Isaac is not a credit repair organization as defined under federal or state law, including the Credit Repair Organizations Act. Fair Isaac does not provide "credit repair" services or advice or assistance regarding "rebuilding" or "improving" your credit record, credit history or credit rating. FTC's website on credit.