Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Barclay Sallie Mae Card - app question

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Barclay Sallie Mae Card - app question

How much CL do you really need on a card with such low rewards spending caps? It seems to me like 3-5k would be plenty to max out each category each month and carrying a balance would negate the rewards you wanted with interest.
Message 11 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

I applied for the Sallie Mae last month. I had a clean TU file, score of 800, and over 5 years perfect history with Barclays. I had to recon, close a card and transfer the limit, in order to get approved. Why? Most of my accounts were opened in the last year, and I had just gotten a new card with them in January. I'd say wait.

Message 12 of 14
JSS3
Valued Contributor

@wesleym
I have other plans for Sallie. Yes, she is primarily gonna be used for groceries, Amazon, and later-gas

BUT

Barclays, along with BOA, Citi, and Chase are lenders who send BT checks. My plan was to get in with these people. Build up a relationship(for the highest limits they'll allow), in order to park BTs on their cards. I knew I wanted to do this early on(since any unfortunate financial thing can happen) and we never get approved for BT cards when we're in a jam(high utilization). So, I'm plotting to make certain cards BT cards and have them in my arsenal. Discover too. I want the highest limits on those cards. With Barclays, specifically, I believe, llhcole77 said you can have a BT and purchases on the card and not pay intetest if paid in full.
Message 13 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

Posting my question here instead of making a new thread.

The card I'm an au on is my dad's barclaycard. If I app for a sm card late this month, will they see my au on his card count toward my aaoa?  He opened it in july 2013.

Edit: Just realized I posted this in 2 separate threads.  Didnt think my other post went through, sorry.

Message 14 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.