Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Barclay Strikes Again -_-

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Barclay Strikes Again -_-

About 6 months ago I made a big payment to barclay. I had a 10k limit and had it maxed for a month. Second month I paid $7000. They then balanced chased me down. I left it alone for a few weeks then gave them a call and they reinstated the credit limit back to 10k.

Whatever. 

Today the balance was up to 7200 for a couple months. In order to keep my credit score in the 720 range, I made a second payment after the due date but a couple days before the closing date. Sure enough they claim it posted on the day of payment, but my Credit Karma says otherwise. Shows the same balance of 7200. 

I called barclay and they said with high payment amounts it takes a few days to post...even though it shows on my end that it posted the same day.

While that irked me, what really irked me was the amount of times she said "but no late payment is reported, it's only late after 60 days." I told her that's not why i'm calling. I'm not calling about a late payment or a missed payment. I don't want my credit card to report near maxed out. She said she understood, and then minutes later for the third time " no late payment is reporting, this isn't going to hurt your credit report because the only thing that hurts your credit report is a 60 day+ late payment"

Now I really think she was trying to tick me off at that point. I stayed calm and said "ok thank you" and hung up the phone. I really just want to see her in the real world and just calmly call her a name like "you know what, you're a d*** b****"

Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Barclay Strikes Again -_-

I don't have Barclay but I wonder if pushing a payment through your bank will make it clear much faster on the CCC's end.

Message 2 of 12
UpperNwGuy
Valued Contributor

I have rarely been able to get a payment to count when it is made after the payment due date, even if it arrives prior to the statement closing date three days later -- and that has cost me some money from time to time.  

I don't think a customer service rep is going to be able to help you because the payments are part of a batch process, as are the reports to the credit bureaus.  The lesson I have learned is to ignore the advice of the people on this board who recommend paying no sooner than the payment due date.  I always pay a day or two before the due date to make absolutely sure the payment posts in time.

Daily Carry: PenFed Power Cash • NFCU Flagship • NFCU More Rewards • Chase Freedom
Sock Drawer: PenFed Promise • NFCU cashRewards • Chase Sapphire Preferred • Chase Freedom Unlimited • United Explorer • UNFCU Azure
Message 3 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

I simply pay cc bills from checking account. Barclay is notorious on treating larger payments differently. Some banks pride themselves on customer service, but barclay doesn't even pretend. Moreover I'm simpy in no mood to deal with nonsense. 

Anyway, had to make that larger payment again elsewhere to cover for that missed reporting.

Message 4 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

I've never had an issue with large payments with Barclay regardless of before/after due/statement date. As long as it's paid before the cutoff time, it post next day ime. 

Message 5 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Justagirl73 wrote:

I've never had an issue with large payments with Barclay regardless of before/after due/statement date. As long as it's paid before the cutoff time, it post next day ime. 

Same for me

Message 6 of 12
HeavenOhio
Senior Contributor

When you're saying that you haven't had trouble with large payments, how large is large? Smiley Happy And how large is the payment compared to your limit?

Message 7 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

@HeavenOhio wrote:

When you're saying that you haven't had trouble with large payments, how large is large? Smiley Happy And how large is the payment compared to your limit?

$6500 vs $18K limit on Aviator Silver

Message 8 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@HeavenOhio wrote:

$6500 vs $18K limit on Aviator Silver

Never an issue here either but have heard of balance chasing yikes.

Message 9 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

At the time (March 2017), limit was 5.5k, payment was 3.9K for vacation package. In June, 3k payment, limit 8k. Balance didn't report either occurrence. 

Message 10 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.