Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Barclay US Airways App deadline 4/12/15

tag
happypill
Valued Contributor

Barclay US Airways App deadline 4/12/15

I just got an email offer to apply for the US Airways card, and it says in red lettering "Apply by April 12, 2015".  If anyone had been wondering when the deadline to apply was, it looks like that is it.  I was considering applying for this card, but my plan is to stay in the garden until July...

Message 1 of 58
57 REPLIES 57
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

Re: Barclay US Airways App deadline 4/12/15

If it is a pre-qual offer they will always have experation dates on them... not sure that has anything to do with the change or not.

Message 2 of 58
mxp114
Valued Contributor

I'm only going to consider applying if they offer 100,000 miles or something insane like that. However 4/12 sounds like it could be the cut off date, I will remember to check the offers before then.

Message 3 of 58
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Creditaddict wrote:

If it is a pre-qual offer they will always have experation dates on them... not sure that has anything to do with the change or not.

This is likely the date that US Airways and American miles will begin to merge. At that time, the US Airways card will not be available as Citi is the exclusive provider of American credit cards. US Airways cards are being grandfathered into a program called American Aviator.

Act now if you want the 50,000 miles.

Message 4 of 58
MJ-san
Frequent Contributor

I would suspect 4/12 is the drop-dead date for new cards being available through Barclays. I just received this email on 3/12:

Hello ---,
AAdvantage Executive Platinum Number: ----
In October, we announced we would combine our frequent flyer programs in the second quarter of this year. And now, we're on track to bring the US Airways Dividend Miles® program into the AAdvantage program within the next 30 days. We'll be providing you with more information on timing in the next few weeks.

Glad I jumped on when I did - if you're waiting, you likely have less than a month.

Message 5 of 58
Anonymous
Not applicable

@happypill wrote:

I just got an email offer to apply for the US Airways card, and it says in red lettering "Apply by April 12, 2015".  If anyone had been wondering when the deadline to apply was, it looks like that is it.  I was considering applying for this card, but my plan is to stay in the garden until July...

You should get yours.

Message 6 of 58
Mellon
Established Contributor

I got the same email....hmmmmmmm

Message 7 of 58
SouthJamaica
Mega Contributor

@mxp114 wrote:

I'm only going to consider applying if they offer 100,000 miles or something insane like that. However 4/12 sounds like it could be the cut off date, I will remember to check the offers before then.

Actually, they kind of are. 50,000 miles once you (a) make ANY size purchase + (b) pay your first $89 annual fee

Total revolving limits 741200 (620700 reporting) FICO 8: EQ 703 TU 704 EX 691

Message 8 of 58
happypill
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@happypill wrote:

You should get yours.

It's definitely tempting, but I've got my eyes on a couple other prizes.  I'm afriad I'll sabotage my own gardening plans if I try to grab this card before it expires.  Gotta stay disciplined, but it's not easy.

Message 9 of 58
OHWWCB
Regular Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@Creditaddict wrote:

This is likely the date that US Airways and American miles will begin to merge. At that time, the US Airways card will not be available as Citi is the exclusive provider of American credit cards. US Airways cards are being grandfathered into a program called American Aviator.

Act now if you want the 50,000 miles.

Will I get a new card when this happens? The US Airways card is SO ugly.

Hilton Honors $15,000 | AMEX Green | Chase Sapphire Preferred $9000 | Discover IT $6600 | Marriott Premiere Rewards $5000 | Chase Freedom $5500 | Barclaycard Visa with Apple Rewards $2000 | CapitalOne Quicksilver One $2000 | US Airways Dividend Miles $2400
Message 10 of 58
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.