Barclay US Airways App deadline 4/12/15

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Barclay US Airways App deadline 4/12/15

@OHWWCB wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Creditaddict wrote:

If it is a pre-qual offer they will always have experation dates on them... not sure that has anything to do with the change or not.

This is likely the date that US Airways and American miles will begin to merge. At that time, the US Airways card will not be available as Citi is the exclusive provider of American credit cards. US Airways cards are being grandfathered into a program called American Aviator.

Act now if you want the 50,000 miles.

Will I get a new card when this happens? The US Airways card is SO ugly.

Yep. Google American Advantage Aviator. It will be an exclusive card solely for former US Airways holders.

Message 11 of 58
jsucool76
Super Contributor

last day to app for the US Air card is March 20th or so I've heard.
Message 12 of 58
Anonymous
Not applicable

@jsucool76 wrote:

From? FT?

Message 13 of 58
jsucool76
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@jsucool76 wrote:

From? FT?

TPG

Message 14 of 58
Anonymous
Not applicable

i'm not sure if march 20th is the last day to app, but it's before merging begins, at least that's what the email said. so if you have u.s airways and aa acount, need to update that info.

aa.png

Message 15 of 58
Open123
Super Contributor

This really is a good offer, in my view.

50K AA miles in of itself may not be that meaningful, but it becomes much more so when combined with Citi AAs 50K.  Moreover, the Citi AA business cards 50K can mean one can acquire 150K AA miles relatively easily.  

Message 16 of 58
mongstradamus
Super Contributor

@Open123 wrote:

50K AA miles in of itself may not be that meaningful, but it becomes much more so when combined with Citi AAs 50K.  Moreover, the Citi AA business cards 50K can mean one can acquire 150K AA miles relatively easily.  

also having no real min spend to get the miles is an really nice option. I am tempted to try and get second us airways card but i think 3 moths is too short an period in between apps so may pass on that. 

EX Fico 804 11/16/16 Fako 800 Credit.com 11/16/16
EQ SW bank enhanced 11/16/16 839 CK fako 822 11/16/16
TU Fico discover 10/19/16 814 Fako 819 Creditkarma 11/16/16
Message 17 of 58
Open123
Super Contributor

@mongstradamus wrote:

@Open123 wrote:

also having no real min spend to get the miles is an really nice option. I am tempted to try and get second us airways card but i think 3 moths is too short an period in between apps so may pass on that. 

6 months will always meet with success, at 3 months it'll be reviewed.  It's possible if you recon and offer a good reason for the extra card.

Message 18 of 58
mongstradamus
Super Contributor

@Open123 wrote:

@mongstradamus wrote:

@Open123 wrote:

6 months will always meet with success, at 3 months it'll be reviewed.  It's possible if you recon and offer a good reason for the extra card.

I don't think my reasoning of wanting to go first class to bkk instead of business is an good enough reason haha. I think i will hold off and see if BOA surprises me this year and offers the 50k for Alaska Air cards. I would pick up personal and business versions in a heartbeat if possible. My poor EX score is going to plummet even more lol

EX Fico 804 11/16/16 Fako 800 Credit.com 11/16/16
EQ SW bank enhanced 11/16/16 839 CK fako 822 11/16/16
TU Fico discover 10/19/16 814 Fako 819 Creditkarma 11/16/16
Message 19 of 58
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Open123 wrote:

@mongstradamus wrote:

@Open123 wrote:

There was a post the other day from someone who was able to get second card after getting his first in November. I got mine early December and I am very tempted to try for a second one

Message 20 of 58
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.