tag
mongstradamus
Super Contributor

Re: Barclay US Airways App deadline 4/12/15

@Anonymous wrote:

@Open123 wrote:

@mongstradamus wrote:

@Open123 wrote:

This really is a good offer, in my view.

50K AA miles in of itself may not be that meaningful, but it becomes much more so when combined with Citi AAs 50K.  Moreover, the Citi AA business cards 50K can mean one can acquire 150K AA miles relatively easily.  

also having no real min spend to get the miles is an really nice option. I am tempted to try and get second us airways card but i think 3 moths is too short an period in between apps so may pass on that. 

6 months will always meet with success, at 3 months it'll be reviewed.  It's possible if you recon and offer a good reason for the extra card.

There was a post the other day from someone who was able to get second card after getting his first in November. I got mine early December and I am very tempted to try for a second one

i got mine around same time as you i am tempted as well, but i think its really too greedy for me to go after an second card i think. 

EX Fico 804 11/16/16 Fako 800 Credit.com 11/16/16
EQ SW bank enhanced 11/16/16 839 CK fako 822 11/16/16
TU Fico discover 10/19/16 814 Fako 819 Creditkarma 11/16/16
Message 21 of 58
Anonymous
Not applicable

I kinda want a second one as well...

It's only a TU pull, right?
Message 22 of 58
Open123
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@Open123 wrote:

@mongstradamus wrote:

@Open123 wrote:

This really is a good offer, in my view.

50K AA miles in of itself may not be that meaningful, but it becomes much more so when combined with Citi AAs 50K.  Moreover, the Citi AA business cards 50K can mean one can acquire 150K AA miles relatively easily.  

also having no real min spend to get the miles is an really nice option. I am tempted to try and get second us airways card but i think 3 moths is too short an period in between apps so may pass on that. 

6 months will always meet with success, at 3 months it'll be reviewed.  It's possible if you recon and offer a good reason for the extra card.

There was a post the other day from someone who was able to get second card after getting his first in November. I got mine early December and I am very tempted to try for a second one

A second card to use for Business expense or to use when travelling for work is were legitimate reason accepted by Barlcays in the past.  Not sure if it'll be successful now, but with a single HP on TU, it may be well worth the risk.

I may try it too, near the expiration.

Message 23 of 58
mongstradamus
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
I kinda want a second one as well...

It's only a TU pull, right?

Go for it sir!!! 

I am having slight temptation to do an citi aa business and another us airways barclay card. If you get another one succesfully i may give it an go lol

EX Fico 804 11/16/16 Fako 800 Credit.com 11/16/16
EQ SW bank enhanced 11/16/16 839 CK fako 822 11/16/16
TU Fico discover 10/19/16 814 Fako 819 Creditkarma 11/16/16
Message 24 of 58
Anonymous
Not applicable

You first.
Message 25 of 58
OHWWCB
Regular Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@OHWWCB wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Creditaddict wrote:

If it is a pre-qual offer they will always have experation dates on them... not sure that has anything to do with the change or not.

This is likely the date that US Airways and American miles will begin to merge. At that time, the US Airways card will not be available as Citi is the exclusive provider of American credit cards. US Airways cards are being grandfathered into a program called American Aviator.

Act now if you want the 50,000 miles.

Will I get a new card when this happens? The US Airways card is SO ugly.

Yep. Google American Advantage Aviator. It will be an exclusive card solely for former US Airways holders.

Oh, that IS nice! I'm only hanging on to this card because I like to have a MasterCard in my wallet. Thanks!

Hilton Honors $15,000 | AMEX Green | Chase Sapphire Preferred $9000 | Discover IT $6600 | Marriott Premiere Rewards $5000 | Chase Freedom $5500 | Barclaycard Visa with Apple Rewards $2000 | CapitalOne Quicksilver One $2000 | US Airways Dividend Miles $2400
Message 26 of 58
noobody
Established Contributor

My 1st card approved on 8/20,
Applied 2nd one on 2/22.
declined without HP
CS is non issue.
recon success rate for 2nd card is ZERO.
if anything learnt, i should closed the 1st one to give myself a better chance.
EX819 1HP|TU797 1HP| EQ(Fico8 BankCard)841
Message 27 of 58
Anonymous
Not applicable

@noobody wrote:
Applied 2nd one on 2/22.
declined without HP
CS is non issue.

What did they say on recon?  The poster the other day said he didn't close his first one and it was an auto approval for 2nd one.

Message 28 of 58
noobody
Established Contributor

I said if you are not instant approved, have to recon for 2nd card, do not bother.
EX819 1HP|TU797 1HP| EQ(Fico8 BankCard)841
Message 29 of 58
Open123
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@noobody wrote:
Applied 2nd one on 2/22.
declined without HP
CS is non issue.

What did they say on recon?  The poster the other day said he didn't close his first one and it was an auto approval for 2nd one.

Do you know if he had waited 6 months, or under?  If it's under, I risk it near the deadline.  A HP on TU if declined is well worth the risk.

Message 30 of 58
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.