Starting FICO 8 Scores:

Current FICO 8 scores:

Message 11 of 20
fedxboy
Established Contributor

Re: Barclay's rewards auto upgraded to World MC

@EW800 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:
I am yet to get the new chip card replacement for my rewards MC. Today I get an email that I have been upgraded to a World MC rewards card and will get the new chip card in the mail soon. Don't care much for the benefits except for the trip insurance maybe. Wish they reduced the APR instead from the atrocious 23.99%. But I'm not complaining.

I received the same e-mail today - stating that I have been upgraded to the Rewards World MC, with the chip.  Is there really any difference between the regular Rewards and World Rewards??  

Off the top of my head, I can think of the APR on  my WMC is 14.99 vs 24.99 for the regular rewards card

(7/23/16) AMEX FICO EX 728, (6/20/16) Discover FICO TU 747, (7/24/16) Barclays FICO 750 (TC Lines $400+K) AAoA= 4.3 yrs
Message 12 of 20
DaveInAZ
Senior Contributor

Re: Barclay Upgrade Message

Those getting the World MC upgrade - what kind of CLs do you have? I was under the impression a $5k CL was the minimum for a WMC. My Rewards Platinum MC was up to $5700 CL, but in April when I got the NFL card w/$5k SL I moved $2700 from Rewards to NFL as I was going to do a $4500 BT to pay off a Prosper loan and didn't want to go to 90% util. So now my Rewards MC has only a $3k CL, and no upgrade email for me.

Message 13 of 20
morgacj2004
Valued Contributor

My CL is $6500

AX Hilton Aspire 20k, AX Bonvoy Brilliant 15k, AX BCP 2k, AX Blue Bus Cash 15k, AX Delta Air Platinum 49k, (AU) AX Delta Gold 15k, AX Amazon Prime Bus 25k, BC Uber 29k, AKUSA FCU -10k , CITI AAdvantage Exec World Elite MC 16.5k, Discover (2) 16k, Kohls-4k, VS Comenity $3k, BofA AK Air Siggy 9.8k, WF Propel AX 5k, JCP $10k PFCU Plat Rewards Siggy 39.5k, PFCU Power Cash Rewards AX 10.5k, NFCU Flagship 50k, CLOC 15k, CITI Costco 9.5k, GAP VISA Synchrony $9k,Target MC 9k, Ulta MC Comenity 9k, Pay Pal 1k, CO Venture One 23k, US Bank Radisson Rewards Signature 10k, US Bank Fred Meyers World MC, 11k, US Bank Plat VISA 15.7k, VS Comenity 2k, 240k total available credit. Utiliz-2%, Current FICO EQ-724, EX 763,TU 802 ,Chapt 7 BK D/C 11-2012. Starting scores 520-550
Message 14 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

@DaveInAZ wrote:

Those getting the World MC upgrade - what kind of CLs do you have? I was under the impression a $5k CL was the minimum for a WMC. My Rewards Platinum MC was up to $5700 CL, but in April when I got the NFL card w/$5k SL I moved $2700 from Rewards to NFL as I was going to do a $4500 BT to pay off a Prosper loan and didn't want to go to 90% util. So now my Rewards MC has only a $3k CL, and no upgrade email for me.

Nope. My Sallie Mae is a WMC, and the limit is only $2K.

Message 15 of 20
Ron1
Super Contributor

I have had the card for three years. I got the card thru pre-approval offers. Recently, they sent the EMV to replace the old one.

Ron.

Message 16 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

Those that got the upgrade to World email...how hold is your account?

Message 17 of 20
EW800
Valued Contributor

Although I never carry a balance, the (sky high) APR on my Rewards card is a whopping 24.99%.  If they are going to call it the World edition now (got the same e-mail today), then I just may call to ask about an APR reduction.  They will probably do me a real big favor and lower it to 23.99%!  Smiley Happy  

My CL is $7,000 and I only put about $250/month spend on it, so I doubt that they would raise my CL.  

Year 2012: All Scores in the 520 range, during a foreclosure, CC Settlement and high UTIL. Very ugly days...
April 2023: EX8: 840; EQ8: 832; TU8: 842 -- Middle Mortgage Score: 822
In My Wallet: Discover $73.7K; Cap1 Venture $48.7K; Amex ED $38K; Amex Optima $2.5K; Amex Delta Gold $18K; Citi Costco $22.5K; Cap1 Plat $8.4K; Barclay $7K; Chase Amazon $6K; BoA Plat $21.6K; Citi TY Pref $21K; US Bank $4K; Dell $5K; Care Credit $6.5K. Total Revolving CL: $296K
My UTIL: Less than 1% - Only allow about $10 a month to report, on one account. .
Message 18 of 20
kdm31091
Super Contributor

Re: Barclay's rewards auto upgraded to World MC

@EW800 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:
I am yet to get the new chip card replacement for my rewards MC. Today I get an email that I have been upgraded to a World MC rewards card and will get the new chip card in the mail soon. Don't care much for the benefits except for the trip insurance maybe. Wish they reduced the APR instead from the atrocious 23.99%. But I'm not complaining.

I received the same e-mail today - stating that I have been upgraded to the Rewards World MC, with the chip.  Is there really any difference between the regular Rewards and World Rewards??  

Not really. World MC has some benefits that 99% of us are unlikely to ever care about or use. There is very little practical difference.

Message 19 of 20
OmarGB9
Community Leader
Super Contributor

@DaveInAZ wrote:

Mine came as a WMC off the bat. The SL was(still is) only $2k.

Last App: 1/10/2023
Penfed Gold Visa Card

Currently rebuilding as of 04/11/2019.

Starting FICO 8 Scores:

Current FICO 8 scores:

Message 20 of 20
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.