Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Barclay Upromise card, i played the luv button, thought i could continue...but

tag
Christina_xyt
Established Contributor

Barclay Upromise card, i played the luv button, thought i could continue...but

I played with the luv button, thought I would just cancel at the end before it says something like "you agree xxxxxxx to obtain a copy of your credit report", but right after I clicked continue, it says " Good news! You've been approved for a new credit line of $6,750.00." geez.... did i just take a hp for so little of credit limit increase??? i had 5000....

i can either select accept or cancel.. i don't know what to do , if i cancel, will I not get a hp?

In sequence of approval, Last app/inquiry 5/30/2015
Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
kdm31091
Super Contributor

Re: Barclay Upromise card, i played the luv button, thought i could continue...but

@Christina_xyt wrote:

I played with the luv button, thought I would just cancel at the end before it says something like "you agree xxxxxxx to obtain a copy of your credit report", but right after I clicked continue, it says " Good news! You've been approved for a new credit line of $6,750.00." geez.... did i just take a hp for so little of credit limit increase??? i had 5000....

i can either select accept or cancel.. i don't know what to do , if i cancel, will I not get a hp?

If you cancel, I think you would not incur a HP.

Personally, I wouldn't take a HP for that small of an increase, unless it's a card you use a ton and you really want the increase.

Message 2 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Barclay Upromise card, i played the luv button, thought i could continue...but

The very first page after clicking the link, and before filling in any information, says this:

To request a credit line increase, please complete this form and click ‘Continue'. This authorizes us to obtain a current credit report to review your credit information, employment history and any other information necessary to process this application. By obtaining your credit report in this way an inquiry will appear on your credit report which will be available by other creditors. This inquiry may have an impact on your credit score.

Message 3 of 9
kdm31091
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

The very first page after clicking the link, and before filling in any information, says this:

To request a credit line increase, please complete this form and click ‘Continue'. This authorizes us to obtain a current credit report to review your credit information, employment history and any other information necessary to process this application. By obtaining your credit report in this way an inquiry will appear on your credit report which will be available by other creditors. This inquiry may have an impact on your credit score.

Sounds like they already may have done the inquiry then.

In any case, I'd call the underwriting team, OP, and see if you can get more out of the inquiry. $1500 for a HP is pretty paltry.

Message 4 of 9
Creditplz
Valued Contributor

Yeah sounds like a HP :/ worth a shot calling UW
Message 5 of 9
Christina_xyt
Established Contributor

Smiley Sad I actually clicked cancel.. I was hoping that it might not incur hp for this... Honestly that little bit of increase is pretty much like none to me... Well.. Blame myself for not seeing what CAPTOOL says.. I thought there would be a submit button and until then it would not incur hp..

Kinda ridiculous to me they hp just after I click "continue"...But it's my own fault....

I wanted to go back to see if there's any line specific says anything indicates that if I click continue, they will obtain a copy of my credit report, but the luv button was gone already..

It also only took like less than a second to get to the page "congrats... Blah blah blah"

Ugh.. I am just surprised they just hped like that Smiley Sad

In sequence of approval, Last app/inquiry 5/30/2015
Message 6 of 9
ScoreOrBeScored
Valued Contributor

LOL

Message 7 of 9
jsucool76
Super Contributor

Most lenders that HP for a CLI do it immediately. That submit button is basically you saying "I agree."

If they base their cli on the HP then they need to do it to show you what increase you'll get. Regardless of whether you choose to accept it or not the damage is done. But it's a single HP. You'll live.
Message 8 of 9
RonM21
Valued Contributor

Unfortunately a HP in this situation. I try to read the language closely to make sure I don't overlook something like this. It can happen very easily.

Total CL: $321.7kUTL: 2%AAoA: 7.0yrsBaddies: 0Other: Lease, Loan, *No Mortgage, All Inq's from Jun '20 Car Shopping

BoA-55k | NFCU-45k | AMEX-42k | DISC-40.6k | PENFED-38.4k | LOWES-35k | ALLIANT-25k | CITI-15.7k | BARCLAYS-15k | CHASE-10k

Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.