Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Barclay and Autopay

tag
GetTheFico
Regular Contributor

Barclay and Autopay

Is it common for Barclay to pull a payment from your bank account eventhough you have "0" balance on the due date?

I received an email that my payment had posted to my Arrival card but I had a zero balance.

Sure enough, when I logged on it shows a current balance of -$20 (I have it set to pay the minimum).

Never had this happen with any other issuers.

EQ: 780
EX: 767
TU: 779
Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
Rhaeny
Valued Contributor

Re: Barclay and Autopay

Yea they do that.  Did you have a balance on the last statement?  I believe that is when they do it even if the current balance is zero.

They also will still take an auto payment if you've paid them for the month.  

Major CC's - Barclay's ($5.5K) | Barclay's Sallie Mae MC ($5K) | DCU ($7.5K) | Discover IT ($1.4K) | Genisys Visa ($1.4K) | NFCU Visa ($22K) | Navcheck ($15K) | Chase Freedom ($5K) | SDFCU Visa ($8K) | Amex BCP ($9.5K) | Amex Delta ($10K) |Store CC's| -Amazon ($4K) | Catherines ($850) | JCP ($4K) | Macy's ($1.7K) | Avenue ($850) | Victoria's Secret ($1.4K) | Walmart ($4.1K) | Paypal SC ($1.3K) | HSN ($2.5) | Sears ($2.6K) | Sams Club ($4.1K) |Goal|: Age with grace to 750 across the board |Last app|: 3/3/2014
Message 2 of 9
GetTheFico
Regular Contributor

@Rhaeny wrote:

Yea they do that.  Did you have a balance on the last statement?  I believe that is when they do it even if the current balance is zero.

They also will still take an auto payment if you've paid them for the month.  

Yes, I had a balance during the last statement.

Thanks for the information, good to know.

EQ: 780
EX: 767
TU: 779
Message 3 of 9
DaylightSlaving
Regular Contributor

Oh Barclays, you never cease to amaze me. Smiley Indifferent

Last App: 12/25/2013
TU: 743 (Discover) Ex: 718 (CS) Goal: 760+ Across All
Gardening Until 6/25/14+
Message 4 of 9
JoshuaHolySpirit
Frequent Contributor

I signed up for ''repeat payment'' (autopay) with the minimum payment due end of every month, and received a confirmation as it is below.

If at the time we process your repeat payment, your current balance is less than the scheduled repeat payment; we will reduce or cancel your repeat payment accordingly. If you have any questions about your repeat payment , please contact us at (866) 951-0237

This is for my Barclays Williams-Sonoma Visa card.

How is it that Barclays is taking money from you guys when balance is $0 or less than minimum payment? Smiley Surprised

Capital One QS1, Capital One Journey, Williams-Sonoma Visa, Amex Travelocity, Chase Slate, Amex SPG, Amex Blue Sky, Bank of America Travel Rewards, JCPenney...and more ( Holy Spirit rocks-!! ) TU-Fico-777
Message 5 of 9
ak_7vytr0
Frequent Contributor

@GetTheFico wrote:

Is it common for Barclay to pull a payment from your bank account eventhough you have "0" balance on the due date?

I received an email that my payment had posted to my Arrival card but I had a zero balance.

Sure enough, when I logged on it shows a current balance of -$20 (I have it set to pay the minimum).

Never had this happen with any other issuers.

They did the same to me last month

outta the garden.. for a house Smiley Very Happybr>Current score - eq 682(myfico) ex 703(ex 02) Tr 701 (tr 04) ck fako 66)
In the wallet - freedom 6k - Marriot 16.3k - Ak Airlines 25k - Bass pro MC (BofA) 12.5k - Amex SPG 18k - Amex Everday 11.7k - Amex BC 1K - Barclay Rewards 4k Newegg preferred 2.4k - Cabelas 2k - Diners Club Elite 15k -Diners Club Premier 15k - CU1 15K -Blue Nile 15k - Lowes 17k... HD 10k
Message 6 of 9
Rhaeny
Valued Contributor

@Joshua- well they took an auto payment on my account with a zero balance like I said. My account said a -$20. That's what happened to me. Maybe they've changed their rules recently. I use the card enough that the $20 bucks doesn't bother me....LOL.

Anymore than $20 and then we'd have a problem! :-)

Major CC's - Barclay's ($5.5K) | Barclay's Sallie Mae MC ($5K) | DCU ($7.5K) | Discover IT ($1.4K) | Genisys Visa ($1.4K) | NFCU Visa ($22K) | Navcheck ($15K) | Chase Freedom ($5K) | SDFCU Visa ($8K) | Amex BCP ($9.5K) | Amex Delta ($10K) |Store CC's| -Amazon ($4K) | Catherines ($850) | JCP ($4K) | Macy's ($1.7K) | Avenue ($850) | Victoria's Secret ($1.4K) | Walmart ($4.1K) | Paypal SC ($1.3K) | HSN ($2.5) | Sears ($2.6K) | Sams Club ($4.1K) |Goal|: Age with grace to 750 across the board |Last app|: 3/3/2014
Message 7 of 9
DigitalArk
Valued Contributor

Barclays is fine so far, yet NFCU has the same behavior, at least to me, like what OP described.

Message 8 of 9
Brax
Frequent Contributor

I don't see a problem with this, it's just how their autopay system works. Can happen with other banks as well.

Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.