cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Barclay and new accounts!

Contributor

Re: Barclay and new accounts!

That was my question/concern.

Current Scores 738 EQ (FICO 02/15) 745 EX (Lender Pull FICO) 768 TU (FICO 02/15)

4% Utilization on 180k Total Available Creditlines

AMEX Platinum - NPSL, AMEX HH - 2.5k, BofA Travel Rewards - 25K, BofA 123 Cash Rewards - 15K, BofA Amex - 15K, Barclay Black Card - 10K, Chase United Club - 9.6K, Chase Sapphire Preferred - 14k, Discover More - 7.5K, Citi Presitge - 20K, Nationwide Bank - 7.5K, Dillard's - 5K, JCP MasterCard - 12K, Capital One Venture - 3K, Capital One Quicksilver - 10k, Wells Fargo - 6K, Lowe's - 10K,
Message 11 of 19
Frequent Contributor

Re: Barclay and new accounts!

So they wouldn't be worried if I maxed out their card? That's great to know.


Message 12 of 19
Contributor

Re: Barclay and new accounts!

I wouldnt max it out. Personally I charged only the 3250 out of my 5K purchase for my new MacBook Pro. Put the rest on my debit card just felt really uneasy maxxing it out with new accounts within the last quarter.

Current Scores 738 EQ (FICO 02/15) 745 EX (Lender Pull FICO) 768 TU (FICO 02/15)

4% Utilization on 180k Total Available Creditlines

AMEX Platinum - NPSL, AMEX HH - 2.5k, BofA Travel Rewards - 25K, BofA 123 Cash Rewards - 15K, BofA Amex - 15K, Barclay Black Card - 10K, Chase United Club - 9.6K, Chase Sapphire Preferred - 14k, Discover More - 7.5K, Citi Presitge - 20K, Nationwide Bank - 7.5K, Dillard's - 5K, JCP MasterCard - 12K, Capital One Venture - 3K, Capital One Quicksilver - 10k, Wells Fargo - 6K, Lowe's - 10K,
Message 13 of 19
Senior Contributor

Re: Barclay and new accounts!


altayar wrote:

So they wouldn't be worried if I maxed out their card? That's great to know.


That is not what was posted, maxing out a card is typically a bad idea.

DCU EQ 5.0, Citi EQ 08 Bankcard, PenFed EX NG2
EX 08: AFCU, Amex, Chase, PSECU EX 98(?)
TU 08: Barclays, Discover
Message 14 of 19
Frequent Contributor

Re: Barclay and new accounts!

I meant to say maxing the card out just for a short period of time. I do not plan to keep it maxed out for a long time!

 


score_building wrote:

altayar wrote:

So they wouldn't be worried if I maxed out their card? That's great to know.


That was not what I posted.





Message 15 of 19
Senior Contributor

Re: Barclay and new accounts!

Gotcha...paying it down in big chunks with low overall UTI can help keep a card holder off the radar, if trying to keep a low profile as a new account holder.

DCU EQ 5.0, Citi EQ 08 Bankcard, PenFed EX NG2
EX 08: AFCU, Amex, Chase, PSECU EX 98(?)
TU 08: Barclays, Discover
Message 16 of 19
Senior Contributor

Re: Barclay and new accounts!


OilFieldEngineer wrote:

I wouldnt max it out. Personally I charged only the 3250 out of my 5K purchase for my new MacBook Pro. Put the rest on my debit card just felt really uneasy maxxing it out with new accounts within the last quarter.


This apparently can be a sticking point as PP, would continue to use the card as a tool responsibly, if they want to act out, so be it. A good example of why diversification can be key.

DCU EQ 5.0, Citi EQ 08 Bankcard, PenFed EX NG2
EX 08: AFCU, Amex, Chase, PSECU EX 98(?)
TU 08: Barclays, Discover
Message 17 of 19
Valued Contributor

Re: Barclay and new accounts!


altayar wrote:

So as some of you know, I opened a Barclay account last week. It reported on the next the day! My Discover and Chase Amazon card were opened before Barclay's but they're not reporting yet. Should I be worried that when they report Barclay would do something to my account?

 

Should I tell them that they were opened before!


I think its really an issue if you had to recon barclays one or more times to get approved, which shows you really were a boarderline approval then soon after you do other things that give them even more reasons to question your credit worthyness, If you came in with a 740 Fico, and a low UTL on all your cards add a few more accounts won't raise any red flags. But if you were a 620 and max out your Barclays card and add a few more accounts look out for issues. 

 

 

Cards: Chase Southwest 20k & CSR 10k & CSP 10k & Freedom 6.6k & Amtrak/Freedom 4.6k, FNBO DISC 25.1k Oregon Duck 5k, & AMEX BCP 15k & Hilton Surpass 7.5k & Delta Gold 6k & Zync NPSL, Fidelity AMEX 17k Commerce5.9k & Cash Forward 7.5k & Sams Club MC 10k, Paypal Extras MC 7.5k, CapOne Venture 15k, QS 2.5k, QS 750, Amazon 5.9k, Walmart 10k, Citi Simplicity 9k, Discover IT 16k and a nice stack of store cards.
Last APP/HP 5/15/2017 Marcus Loan. 30k
Message 18 of 19
Highlighted
Frequent Contributor

Re: Barclay and new accounts!

I had to recon but it was an extremely simple process. I was told the system denied me and the rep I talked to didn't seem to have any issue with my credit report. I will only max out the card for two weeks, then I will pay half the balance and the other half in another two weeks.

 


jamesdwi wrote:

altayar wrote:

So as some of you know, I opened a Barclay account last week. It reported on the next the day! My Discover and Chase Amazon card were opened before Barclay's but they're not reporting yet. Should I be worried that when they report Barclay would do something to my account?

 

Should I tell them that they were opened before!


I think its really an issue if you had to recon barclays one or more times to get approved, which shows you really were a boarderline approval then soon after you do other things that give them even more reasons to question your credit worthyness, If you came in with a 740 Fico, and a low UTL on all your cards add a few more accounts won't raise any red flags. But if you were a 620 and max out your Barclays card and add a few more accounts look out for issues. 

 

 





Message 19 of 19