Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Barclay approval score?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Barclay approval score?

hi all,

What is the lowest possible score one can have to be approved for the Barclays Rewards Mastercard?

Message 1 of 47
46 REPLIES 46
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Barclay approval score?

@Anonymous wrote:

hi all,

What is the lowest possible score one can have to be approved for the Barclays Rewards Mastercard?

I'm curious about that too.

Message 2 of 47
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

hi all,

Your best source for this sort of data is using the credit pull database.  What are your scores and how does your credit profile look like?

Message 3 of 47
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm gonna guess aroune 650 or 660 on TransUnion...

Message 4 of 47
Anonymous
Not applicable

I applied for both the Apple Rewards and the Rewards MC last week.  I was approved for the Apple Rewards but turned down for the Rewards MC.  My denial letter for the Rewards said reason for denial was too many applications (tried to sneak in second, but didn't work).  My TU score is 665 and I have 2 collections that I waiting to fall off.  Hope that helps.

Message 5 of 47
lindel
Frequent Contributor

My transunion score is 626 and I was just approved a few days ago.
Fico Scores :03/12/2015 Equifax 565, Transunion 585, Experian 563
Current Fico Scores 12/15/2015 EQ 612, TU 645, EX 655
Kay Jewelers 4000/Barclays MC 1300/ Firestone1200/ Cap1 Quicksilver 2300/ NFCU nrewards secured 600/ Macys 600/ Walmart 3500/ Amazon 3500/ Cap 1 Journey 1050/ Kohls 300/ Banana Republic 3500/ Texaco 890/ BP 2000/ Jcrew 250/ Victoria Secrets 250/ Eddie Bauer 250/ Marisota 500/ SimplyBe 500/ Discount Tires 500/ Care Credit 1000/ American Eagle 150/ QVC 2000
Message 6 of 47
Anonymous
Not applicable

My TU score was about 645 when I was approved in october for the rewards card but i was turned down flat for the apple card.

Message 7 of 47
Anonymous
Not applicable

My TU FICO 08 was 636 when I was approved, but it took a recon

Message 8 of 47
Anonymous
Not applicable

My TU score was 800 when I apped for the Sallie Mae, and I had to recon and transfer the limit from another card to get approved. It ain't just about the score.

Message 9 of 47
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

My TU score was 800 when I apped for the Sallie Mae, and I had to recon and transfer the limit from another card to get approved. It ain't just about the score.

That's what I'm afraid will happen to me. When I got my Barclay Rewards card, it was approved for $2,500. I had to move $4,500 from my unused Ring card to make a $7k CL. Once I'm ready to leave the garden in a few months I want to get the Sallie Mae card, but afraid I'll have the same thing happen as you did. And, right now my score is hovering around 800 too.

Message 10 of 47
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.