Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Barclay arrival+ BT & Chase question

tag
red259
Super Contributor

Barclay arrival+ BT & Chase question

I'm considering using my Barclay arrival+ to BT my balance from another card. My understanding is that the BT & purchase APR are both 0% APR the first 12 months. 

1. If I do a BT does this impact my intro  0% purchase APR? The reason I am concerned is that the balance is not going to use up the whole credit line and I will want to make purchases on the card to meet the min spend ( my understanding is BTs don't count towards min spend) as well without having to generate interest. The website is not giving me any real information about balance transfers yet, because I am still awaiting the card to arrive. Requesting the card member agreement would require 30 days and by that point I will have been hit with interest and the BT likely wouldn't make sense. 

2. My payment due date for Chase is tomorrow which is a SAT. I have already made a partial payment, but am only talking about paying the remaning balance due. If I pay on a weekend day (I was going to go in tomorrow if I decided against the BT) will I get credit for paying the balance on time or do I need to rush to the bank now to get credit and avoid interest charges?

;
Starting Score: EQ: 714, TU 684
Current Score: EQ: 725 7/30/13, TU 684 6/2013, Exp 828 5/2018, Last App 8/5/17
Goal Score: 800 (Achieved!) In garden until Sepetember 2019
Message 1 of 1
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.