Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Barclay blacklist question

tag
Meanmchine
Super Contributor

Barclay blacklist question

Hi everyone

I have an unpaid Barclay $1300 CO which fell off my reports and is approaching the 7 year anniversary of the charge off date. I am definately blacklisted right now

My questions are

1) How long is Barclays memory?

2) Has anyone had success reconning their blacklist denials?

>3/2016 EX 644 CK-TU 642 CK-EQ 660 WalMart- 671.
>5/2023 All 3 reports 840ish (F8) F9s = 850 but my app finger is still twitching
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Barclay blacklist question

Likely you know this, but I found that even though my baddies fell off the credit bureaus ... the banks do not have to purge our history and don't. It can be a challenge. Seems after some unknown time period many folks are able to overcome the past (in my case no Cigar with AX).
Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Meanmchine wrote:

Hi everyone

I have an unpaid Barclay $1300 CO which fell off my reports and is approaching the 7 year anniversary of the charge off date. I am definately blacklisted right now

My questions are

1) How long is Barclays memory?  Very LONG if the original debt isn't paid, if you pay it now they could let you back in after a couple of years...as long as you have no baddies and good payment hitory (other accts too) 

2) Has anyone had success reconning their blacklist denials?

As with most of the "big" boys (Chase, AMEX, Citi, Barcley ect..) just because the debt fell off your CRs & is outside of the SOL, that dosen't mean it's gone...you still owe them the money, and they have memories like elephants.  They only way I have ever heard of is to pay the debt off and then wait a couple of years before applying again

Message 3 of 4
JR_TX
Valued Contributor

Based on my reads from different forum boards, I think 15 years was the earliest with Amex and 10 years with Barclays. As always though, YMMV.
New cc TLs : 0/6 ; 0/12 ; 0/24 | HPs EX 3 EQ 3 TU 4 | AAoA 7y10m | UTIL 1% - 4% | $300K+ Total Limits

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.