Credit Card Center Advertiser Disclosure

Reply
Senior Contributor
Posts: 3,382
Registered: ‎04-04-2013
0 Kudos

Barclay bonus points

[ Edited ]

Well, I almost missed this deal, with all the holiday junk mail I've recieved this month.

 

But, I received an email offer for my Priceline.com card on Dec 20th (and NOT on the Sallie Mae) to sign up for bonus points:

 

2 bonus points for every $1 spent between Jan 1 - Mar 31, capped at 2500 bonus points, in Grocery Store, Movie Theater, and Utility, Cable/Satellite TV, or Telephone Companies. Bonus points appear 6-8 weeks after promotion ends.

 

This is a good deal, since I have the version of Priceline.com that gives 2% on everything. And I use this card for my Cable TV and Telephone(DSL). Plus I need a bit more Grocery cash back, since I'm switching to a real healthy diet, which means real expensive food. So getting 2% + 2% on those categories is perfect!



TU-8: 771 EX-8: 775 EQ-8: 772    EX-8 Bankcard: 817    TU-9 Bankcard: 795 EQ-9: 822    EX-98: 740 EQ-04: 754 Total $437,800
Established Contributor
Posts: 877
Registered: ‎04-28-2013
0 Kudos

Re: Barclay bonus points

Nice post! Thanks for the heads up!

 

I must ask, do you really have William Shatner on your Priceline card? I feel like that would make me laugh every time I used the card. Smiley Tongue

Super Contributor
Posts: 15,243
Registered: ‎04-22-2013
0 Kudos

Re: Barclay bonus points


Themanwhocan wrote:

Well, I almost missed this deal, with all the holiday junk mail I've recieved this month.

 

But, I received an email offer for my Priceline.com card on Dec 20th (and NOT on the Sallie Mae) to sign up for bonus points:

 

2 bonus points for every $1 spent between Jan 1 - Mar 31, capped at 2500 bonus points, in Grocery Store, Movie Theater, and Utility, Cable/Satellite TV, or Telephone Companies. Bonus points appear 6-8 weeks after promotion ends.

 

This is a good deal, since I have the version of Priceline.com that gives 2% on everything. And I use this card for my Cable TV and Telephone(DSL). Plus I need a bit more Grocery cash back, since I'm switching to a real healthy diet, which means real expensive food. So getting 2% + 2% on those categories is perfect!


Well, as I am now doing, get WholeFoods gift cards from Amazon on the SallieMae, 5% off.

 

I'm not all that impressed with the Barclays offer, only $25 extra.  Which is better than nothing, but only $25 better!

Senior Contributor
Posts: 3,382
Registered: ‎04-04-2013
0 Kudos

Re: Barclay bonus points


grinlikechelsea wrote:

Nice post! Thanks for the heads up!

 

I must ask, do you really have William Shatner on your Priceline card? I feel like that would make me laugh every time I used the card. Smiley Tongue


Yes, I actually have William Shattner on my card. I usually don't carry the card, since it is usually for utility payments, etc. But I used it when I had to pay for a new set of glasses, and the optician went ga-ga when he saw the card. Claimed "a friend" of his is really into Star Trek, and that he would have to mention the card to "him"...

 

Its a pretty kool design, the background has those beams/rays spreading outward, and alternate rays are reflective blue versis non-reflective blue. So it definitely makes an impression.



TU-8: 771 EX-8: 775 EQ-8: 772    EX-8 Bankcard: 817    TU-9 Bankcard: 795 EQ-9: 822    EX-98: 740 EQ-04: 754 Total $437,800
Senior Contributor
Posts: 3,382
Registered: ‎04-04-2013

Re: Barclay bonus points


longtimelurker wrote:

Themanwhocan wrote:

Well, I almost missed this deal, with all the holiday junk mail I've recieved this month.

 

But, I received an email offer for my Priceline.com card on Dec 20th (and NOT on the Sallie Mae) to sign up for bonus points:

 

2 bonus points for every $1 spent between Jan 1 - Mar 31, capped at 2500 bonus points, in Grocery Store, Movie Theater, and Utility, Cable/Satellite TV, or Telephone Companies. Bonus points appear 6-8 weeks after promotion ends.

 

This is a good deal, since I have the version of Priceline.com that gives 2% on everything. And I use this card for my Cable TV and Telephone(DSL). Plus I need a bit more Grocery cash back, since I'm switching to a real healthy diet, which means real expensive food. So getting 2% + 2% on those categories is perfect!


Well, as I am now doing, get WholeFoods gift cards from Amazon on the SallieMae, 5% off.

 

I'm not all that impressed with the Barclays offer, only $25 extra.  Which is better than nothing, but only $25 better!


Hmm, Whole Foods is a good idea. I've never been in a Whole Foods store, but I just checked and I could get to a Whole Foods by taking a Metro bus for only 5-6 minutes. That is amazingly close by (maybe 1.5 miles or so).



TU-8: 771 EX-8: 775 EQ-8: 772    EX-8 Bankcard: 817    TU-9 Bankcard: 795 EQ-9: 822    EX-98: 740 EQ-04: 754 Total $437,800
Senior Contributor
Posts: 3,382
Registered: ‎04-04-2013

Re: Barclay bonus points

And Barclays has given me my 4th quarter in a row of bonus points. In the first quarter, it was on the Priceline card as stated above. The next 3 quarters I've received bonuses on my Sallie Mae Platinum card.

 

In the 4th quarter of 2014, I get 2X bonus points on purchases at Gas Stations, Restaurants, Fast Food Restaurants, Department Stores, Toy Stores, Game Stores.

 

7% Gas Stations

5% Grocery Stores

5% Book Stores/Amazon

3% Restaurants/Fast Food Restaurants

3% Department Stores

3% Toy Stores/Game Stores

 

Capped at 2500 bonus points, which is $1250 spending.



TU-8: 771 EX-8: 775 EQ-8: 772    EX-8 Bankcard: 817    TU-9 Bankcard: 795 EQ-9: 822    EX-98: 740 EQ-04: 754 Total $437,800
Super Contributor
Posts: 15,243
Registered: ‎04-22-2013

Re: Barclay bonus points


Themanwhocan wrote:

And Barclays has given me my 4th quarter in a row of bonus points. In the first quarter, it was on the Priceline card as stated above. The next 3 quarters I've received bonuses on my Sallie Mae Platinum card.

 

In the 4th quarter of 2014, I get 2X bonus points on purchases at Gas Stations, Restaurants, Fast Food Restaurants, Department Stores, Toy Stores, Game Stores.

 

7% Gas Stations

5% Grocery Stores

5% Book Stores/Amazon

3% Restaurants/Fast Food Restaurants

3% Department Stores

3% Toy Stores/Game Stores

 

Capped at 2500 bonus points, which is $1250 spending.


So nothing on the World one?   My wife got groceries (and other categories) ending today, but nothing on my card

Valued Contributor
Posts: 2,030
Registered: ‎09-22-2014
0 Kudos

Re: Barclay bonus points

[ Edited ]

Themanwhocan wrote:

grinlikechelsea wrote:

Nice post! Thanks for the heads up!

 

I must ask, do you really have William Shatner on your Priceline card? I feel like that would make me laugh every time I used the card. Smiley Tongue


Yes, I actually have William Shattner on my card. I usually don't carry the card, since it is usually for utility payments, etc. But I used it when I had to pay for a new set of glasses, and the optician went ga-ga when he saw the card. Claimed "a friend" of his is really into Star Trek, and that he would have to mention the card to "him"...

 

Its a pretty kool design, the background has those beams/rays spreading outward, and alternate rays are reflective blue versis non-reflective blue. So it definitely makes an impression.


now I kinda want that card just for Willam Shatner picture on it, and the new ones don't have his picture Smiley Sad

Regular Contributor
Posts: 123
Registered: ‎07-23-2014

Re: Barclay bonus points

How are you guys chosen for these bonus point opportunities? Based on your spending? Are you contacted via e-mail or regular mail?

I wish I would get selected for some special bonus points offer. Maybe in a few months!

Scores & AAoA (9/2017): AAoA: 43 months | Capital One - 752 | Discover - 788
My Wallet: PNC CashBuilder $5000 (AU) | Sears Card $4250 | Macy's $600 | JCP $1000 | Sears MC $2001 | Victoria's Secret $1000 | Commence $5000 | QuickSilver $3000 | Discover IT Chrome for Students $8500 | Chase Freedom $7000 | Sheetz $6000
Last App: July, 2016
Senior Contributor
Posts: 3,382
Registered: ‎04-04-2013
0 Kudos

Re: Barclay bonus points


longtimelurker wrote:

Themanwhocan wrote:

And Barclays has given me my 4th quarter in a row of bonus points. In the first quarter, it was on the Priceline card as stated above. The next 3 quarters I've received bonuses on my Sallie Mae Platinum card.

 

In the 4th quarter of 2014, I get 2X bonus points on purchases at Gas Stations, Restaurants, Fast Food Restaurants, Department Stores, Toy Stores, Game Stores.

 

7% Gas Stations

5% Grocery Stores

5% Book Stores/Amazon

3% Restaurants/Fast Food Restaurants

3% Department Stores

3% Toy Stores/Game Stores

 

Capped at 2500 bonus points, which is $1250 spending.


So nothing on the World one?   My wife got groceries (and other categories) ending today, but nothing on my card


Nothing on the world. Though I've only had it for 5 months now.



TU-8: 771 EX-8: 775 EQ-8: 772    EX-8 Bankcard: 817    TU-9 Bankcard: 795 EQ-9: 822    EX-98: 740 EQ-04: 754 Total $437,800

Forums posts are not provided or commissioned by FICO. Forums posts have not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by FICO. It is not FICO's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered.

† Advertiser Disclosure: The listings that appear on myFICO are from companies from which myFICO receives compensation, which may impact how and where products appear on myFICO (including, for example, the order in which they appear). myFICO does not review or include all companies or all available products.
‡ Credit cards for FICO Score ranges: The score ranges are guidelines based on internal myFICO analysis of actual applicant approvals, and having a FICO Score in a particular range does not guarantee you will be approved for credit cards recommended in that range. These ranges were not provided by any card issuer.

* For complete information, see the terms and conditions on the credit card issuer’s website. Once you click apply for this card, you will be directed to the issuer’s website where you may review the terms and conditions of the card before applying. While myFICO always strives to present the most accurate information, we show a summary to help you choose a product, not the full legal terms - and before applying you should understand the full terms of products as stated by the issuer itself.

Copyright ©2001-2015 Fair Isaac Corporation. All rights reserved.   | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Sitemap

IMPORTANT INFORMATION: All FICO® Score products made available on myFICO.com include a FICO® Score 8, along with additional FICO® Score versions. Your lender or insurer may use a different FICO® Score than the versions you receive from myFICO, or another type of credit score altogether. Learn more

FICO, myFICO, Score Watch, The score lenders use, and The Score That Matters are trademarks or registered trademarks of Fair Isaac Corporation. Equifax Credit Report is a trademark of Equifax, Inc. and its affiliated companies. Many factors affect your FICO Score and the interest rates you may receive. Fair Isaac is not a credit repair organization as defined under federal or state law, including the Credit Repair Organizations Act. Fair Isaac does not provide "credit repair" services or advice or assistance regarding "rebuilding" or "improving" your credit record, credit history or credit rating. FTC's website on credit.