Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Barclay card approval!!!!

tag
idream4success
Established Member

Barclay card approval!!!!

Sorry I know there's a thread on this but I'm just way to hype at the moment. So today, palms sweaty and all I decided to try for an apple barclays card. My heart nearly fell out of my chest, couldn't even look at the screen. Application processing....... Your approved!! You can start shopping now. I know its just a little credit card but if you would have seen my reports last year....…Smiley Sad lets not go there. Got $1290 called the backdoor and they gave me $1600, sure I could've asked for more but beggars can't be choosers. Thanks myFico veterans! Smiley Very Happy 

Starting Score: 596
Current Score: 669
Goal Score: 750

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

City Of Brotherly Love.... and choke artist pro teams.
Message 1 of 15
14 REPLIES 14
sandsanta
Contributor

Re: Barclay card approval!!!!

Awesome man! Grats.  Use responsibly Smiley Happy.

Message 2 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

Omgosh Congrats on the approval!!!!!!!! I decided to apply for this card this week. As soon as Transunion updates my report, I'm going in for the kill. Hopefully I am successful. Do you mind sharing your scores, utilization, baddies? So that you may serve as a reference point to the future fico lookers of tomorrow. Again Congrats.
Message 3 of 15
CreditCrusader
Valued Contributor

@idream4success wrote:

Sorry I know there's a thread on this but I'm just way to hype at the moment. So today, palms sweaty and all I decided to try for an apple barclays card. My heart nearly fell out of my chest, couldn't even look at the screen. Application processing....... Your approved!! You can start shopping now. I know its just a little credit card but if you would have seen my reports last year....…Smiley Sad lets not go there. Got $1290 called the backdoor and they gave me $1600, sure I could've asked for more but beggars can't be choosers. Thanks myFico veterans! Smiley Very Happy 

Welcome to Primeville! No AF...competitive interest rate...awesome promos with Apple

Oh, and a reputation for outstanding CLIs

Welcome to the Barclay family! You get windows (I have dishes) Smiley Very Happy

In my wallet: Apple $5,000, local CU $15,000, Bread AMEX $5,000. In my sock drawer: A few other cards Smiley Happy

Current scores (EQ, EX, TU): 787, 788, 796
Message 4 of 15
idream4success
Established Member

Sure! I received my first cc in 6/11 from Cap1 with $300. I hadn't planned on apping until it was time for a car so I kept my utl uber low, around 9%. Last time I checked my TU Fico it was only 644 but that was with 11% utl back in the first week of october. I have 2 baddies on TU, Repo and a credit union overdraft CO. Like I said I was going to wait but after reading the forums I decided It was time to make a move. Oh and other than Cap1 I had one more Inq from 12/2010.... Barclays! Smiley Surprised

Message 5 of 15
CS800
Super Contributor

Nice !!

A card with no AF and as others mentioned good CLI potential. Smiley Happy

Message 6 of 15
idream4success
Established Member

Holy cannoli! I wasn't sure if this was prime or just a shade under. Either way my head still hurts from hitting it when I through myself back after opening my eyes and seeing the outcome. 

Message 7 of 15
CreditCrusader
Valued Contributor

@idream4success wrote:

Holy cannoli! I wasn't sure if this was prime or just a shade under. Either way my head still hurts from hitting it when I through myself back after opening my eyes and seeing the outcome. 

To me, any card that has no annual fee, competitive interest, and gives out the credit limits that these cats do has to be considered a prime card. Plus, you need to have established credit credentials that override your baddies to get in with Barclay. They don't give cards to everyone, so rejoice. You're in Primeville according to this Barclay family member Smiley Happy

In my wallet: Apple $5,000, local CU $15,000, Bread AMEX $5,000. In my sock drawer: A few other cards Smiley Happy

Current scores (EQ, EX, TU): 787, 788, 796
Message 8 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for sharing gosh I can't wait to apply this week!!!!!!! Come on transunion update already sheesh :-) Congrats again and welcome to prime country.
Message 9 of 15
mAndrew1980
Established Contributor

Wow congrats! You just hit a home run. You have an opportunity to step into the world of prime borrowers. Really big moment for you! I was set on applying for this CC recently but TU refused to update. In the meantime, I app'ed for another CC and took it. I'm thinking in Spring I'll app for it and should be a shoe-in for appoval (assuming the rest of my baddies fall off).

Transunion: 713 FICO (5/13/2014) MyFico
Experian: 789 FICO (4/10/12) Lender Pull
Equifax: 695 FICO (1/10/14) MyFico

My cards: Chase United Mileage Plus 7000CL (3/12), CITI Simplicity 1800CL (9/12), Cap1 Platinum 1000CL (2/10), Cap1 Cash back 1500CL (11/11), Apple Barclay's 2500CL (11/11), Discover IT 6000CL (5/13)

My Primary Financial Goal is to put down my utl%.

Message 10 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.