Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Barclay card

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Barclay card

I got denied by Barclay card with no baddies and a 750 score! Did not understand so I called backdoor number for recon, and got denied again so I'm DONE with Barclay card!
Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
longtime_lurker
Valued Contributor

Re: Barclay card

@Anonymous wrote:
I got denied by Barclay card with no baddies and a 750 score! Did not understand so I called backdoor number for recon, and got denied again so I'm DONE with Barclay card!

Did you have a lot of new accounts? What did recon tell you? IME, they're very pleasant and will be level with you. Barclay's is a fickle beast, gave me subprime lending APR on my Aviator with a TU FICO at the time of 761. Ah well. 

Current cards: MSUFCU Platinum, Amex PRG, Amex Surpass, Amex BCE, Citi Prestige, Citi Double Cash, Citi Premier, US Bank Cash +, Huntington Voice, AAviator, Sallie Mae, Discover IT, Chase Freedom TU:753 EQ Enhanced: 758
Message 2 of 8
Callandra
Valued Contributor

What were the reasons for denial? It might be worth trying again depending...sometimes it's just too many new accounts and if you wait a year, you should be good. 

Quicksilver $10,000 | Better Balance Rewards $2000 | Sallie Mae $3500 | Freedom $3500

Last HP: 9/27/2015
Message 3 of 8
TURNERHOOVER
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Who could blame you. 

EX 727 | EQ 720 | TU 740

FREEDOM 4.5k | BCP 9.5k | DISCOVER 2.5k | ARRIVAL+ 7.5k | RITZ CARLTON 15k
No new Apps till Dec 2016
Message 4 of 8
GoldSorata
Established Contributor

Definately curious what the UW gave you for reason they couldn't reconsider. 

Message 5 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

What did they say was the reason for the denial? I was approved with a significantly lower score, many inquiries and a bk in 2012 but I apped for the barclay rewards. Is that the same card that you apped for? I apped for the apple card at the same time and they said heck no to that before they approved me for the barclay rewards. 

Message 6 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

call until you get it.. every customer rep is different. Got approved after the 3rd call for sallie mae .. good luck

Message 7 of 8
celticslegends
Frequent Contributor

@TURNERHOOVER wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Who could blame you. 

If you have the ability to look at my posts, you will see that I experienced a similar frustration with Barclays. I don't have anywhere near your score, but still faced roadblock after roadblock with them. Especially dealing with their recon department. I would move on if I were you. I did. 

Starting score from CU: (11/13) 520
Recent Scores: TU FICO 08 (7/15) 693; (8/15) 701 | EQ FICO 08 (7/15) 671 | EX FICO 08 (8/15) 684
Goal Score: (Oct '15) 700+
Cards: Cap 1 Venture Signature $5000 Limit | UFCU Visa Plat $4000 Limit | Cap 1 Quicksilver WMEC $5000 Limit | Walmart Store Card $6000 Limit | Amazon Prime Store Card $6000 Limit | Barclays Rewards $1500 Limit | Amex EveryDay Card $2000 Limit | Chase Slate $3000 Limit |
Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.