Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Barclay closed my account...

tag
navigatethis12
Valued Contributor

Re: Barclay closed my account...

@jsickz32 wrote:

I dont know man but mine was out of nowhere. The card was only 9 months old when i started opening lots of accounts and they never bothered me. And now that i havent apped for anything in months they closed my account. barclays is weird.

I feel like if i would of called they would reopened my account but meh it was whatever.

Their cards really aren't that great, so I won't bother if they close the one I have either. I applied for it for the 2% back on bills, but I got the Fidelity American Express shortly after, so it's useless now.

Message 11 of 28
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

Message 12 of 28
maiden_girl
Valued Contributor

Barclays wasn't kidding...Imagine if you had like reward points or something and they wouldn't let you redeem them? I'd be calling the crap out of them.

As of 2017, rebuilding...
Message 13 of 28
youngandcreditwrthy
Senior Contributor

Yeah...
Tbh, after my Travelocity Amex by barclay's 3.99% offer expires, I might even close my $7700 line myself. The normal apr os 24.99%! Totally awful. Fortunately though, I've managed to only use it for bts with 0% and 3.99% offers. Haha and I've pif every time.
Marriott PR$25k | BCE $24.5K |BankAmericard Visa $25k| BOA Better Bal $17.5k |Wmt Discover $12.5k | BR Visa $17.5k | Amex Delta Gold $10k | Discover IT $10k | Paypal Extras MC $15k | Amazon Store $10k|Smile Gen $7.25k | Dillard's $10k | West Elm $4k| Express $3.05K | Mypoints.com Visa $4.5k | Freedom Visa $1k| Amex Surpass $1k
Message 14 of 28
toppers555
Established Contributor

@maiden_girl wrote:

Barclays wasn't kidding...Imagine if you had like reward points or something and they wouldn't let you redeem them? I'd be calling the crap out of them.

They did that to me when I had a NFL card with them. Lets just say I don't see my self ever getting another Barclay card.

TU 715 No apps to 05/13 cash+ 5/13!!! 738 TU CSP April 13!!!CSP approved May 13!!!

Message 15 of 28
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

@navigatethis12 wrote:

@jsickz32 wrote:

I dont know man but mine was out of nowhere. The card was only 9 months old when i started opening lots of accounts and they never bothered me. And now that i havent apped for anything in months they closed my account. barclays is weird.

I feel like if i would of called they would reopened my account but meh it was whatever.

Their cards really aren't that great, so I won't bother if they close the one I have either. I applied for it for the 2% back on bills, but I got the Fidelity American Express shortly after, so it's useless now.

Yep, same with me.  Got the Rewards Card, then Fidelity Amex, then US Bank Cash Plus (which at the time was 5% off bill pay), so that card became totally useless.   With a small CL, and their refusal to change it to world MC, I closed it.

Message 16 of 28
burghpa
Regular Contributor

These kind of threads scares me, I guess i have to watch my rebuilding process carefully without too many inquiries I guess. Since I burned most other big banks,  barclay(along with cap1) is the only one gave me a chance.

2013 Feb EQ: 550 | 2017 Feb EQ: 722

Message 17 of 28
Repo-ed
Senior Contributor

I have a funny feeling they'll do the same thing w/ my Apple card too. 2.2k CL.

The only thing that makes be think that they WON'T, is the 5k US Airways World MC they issued me that gets PLENTY of use.

I only have available credit, so they shouldn't CLD me - but close it, if any AA at all.

5/2012: 560 credit scores across the board
12/2014: 750+
3/2017: 780+
11/2019: 833
2/2023: Experian via Chase United Explorer CC pull - 891
Message 18 of 28
masscredit
Valued Contributor

In some threads I get the feeling that Barclays is popular and one of the cards to get. Then there are other threads that say no, they suck. There was a credit card artical that I read recently. They were kind of high on the list. 

Pre-Credit Rebuild Scores Pre-DC (3/24/22) - EQ - 524 / TU - 519 / EX - 495

Current Scores - EQ - 687 / TU - 663/ EX - 677

TD Bank - $5000 / Mercury - $5000 / Capital One Savor One- $5000 / SDFCU Secured - $4990 / Capital One QuickSiver - $4500 / Ally Master Card - $2800/ Walmart Mastercard - $2250

Andrews FCU SSL $1500
Message 19 of 28
SPreb
Regular Contributor

@burgh
I wouldn't worry too much about it. Just let these grow. Everyone, not just Barclays is sensitive to to many inqs bunched together. Applying for too much credit at the same time is viewed as a risk. As long as you manage these two well you should slowly but surely be able to get back

Starting Score: 620 Current Score: 709 Goal Score: 720
Gardening from 9/28/2013. Target: March 2014
Message 20 of 28
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.