Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Barclay closed my account...

tag
burghpa
Regular Contributor

Re: Barclay closed my account...

@SPreb,

Thanks for your input, I agree.  I am going to garden some more time, and not thinking of having any app spree .

2013 Feb EQ: 550 | 2017 Feb EQ: 722

Message 21 of 28
youngandcreditwrthy
Senior Contributor

Barclay's, imo, is more of a huge investment bank.... So it goes without saying: they are quite active in managing their portfolio of assets, including cc debt- which typically also has an investor on the other side. Barclaycard is purely for profit for investors imo. So lol... They dont want you to pay off 0% offers or have open, unused credit. Lol
Marriott PR$25k | BCE $24.5K |BankAmericard Visa $25k| BOA Better Bal $17.5k |Wmt Discover $12.5k | BR Visa $17.5k | Amex Delta Gold $10k | Discover IT $10k | Paypal Extras MC $15k | Amazon Store $10k|Smile Gen $7.25k | Dillard's $10k | West Elm $4k| Express $3.05K | Mypoints.com Visa $4.5k | Freedom Visa $1k| Amex Surpass $1k
Message 22 of 28
jsickz32
Valued Contributor

I only got this card cuz i went to apple to buy my little bro a macbook pro for xmas. I was talked into apping for the card and was approved for the exact amount i needed to buy the mac lol. After that the card was never used again.
Amex BCE (2500) / Amex SPG (4000) / Amex GoldPR / Merrill+ Visa siggy (5000) / BofA Amex (6000) / Bofa cash rewards (5000) / BofA Privileges Cash Rewards (5000) / Citi Forward (4400) / Citi DP (2000) / Chase Freedom (4000) / Chase CSP (5000) / Chase Hyatt (5000) / Discover IT (1700) / FNBO AMEX (3600) / NFCU cashRewards Visa signature (15000) / NFCU Flagship Visa signature (12500) / NFCU Navcheck (5000) / Nordstrom (500) / MetroCU Visa Elite (5000) / Walmart (4500) / Kays Jewerels (6600) / Kohls (300) / Macys Platinum (2500) / DCU platinum Visa (17500) / Citizens bank cash back (1100) / Bill Me Later (1631) / PayPal Smart connect (2200) / BestBuy store card (2000)
Message 23 of 28
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@jsickz32 wrote:
I only got this card cuz i went to apple to buy my little bro a macbook pro for xmas. I was talked into apping for the card and was approved for the exact amount i needed to buy the mac lol. After that the card was never used again.

Sorry to hear about the Barclays closure.  I can honestly say that I've never had any CLD or AA with them in any type of cycle whether opening of new acounts or closing older ones including my total TLs across.  I still have all 4 of them...well, 5 if you count Bank of Hawaii AMEX which is serviced by them under a separate charter.

Of course, most forum members know why youngandcreditwrhty experienced his recent Travelocity CLD (and declined Barclays MC - even on recon) and a Citi DP closure not long ago... so much for pristine profile?  lol  haha Smiley Tongue

Message 24 of 28
Volpes
Regular Contributor

@youngandcreditwrthy wrote:
Omg! 26.99%?! Is that legal?!?
😳 Lol

I have a cc with 59.9% interest rate Smiley LOL

Message 25 of 28
youngandcreditwrthy
Senior Contributor

Thanks for being a hater FinStar. I imagine your aaoa is prob much higher than my 3+ years as you seem quite smug and wise.
;-)
Holy heck@volpes. We need to get you signed up for a balance transfer card! Lol :-p
Marriott PR$25k | BCE $24.5K |BankAmericard Visa $25k| BOA Better Bal $17.5k |Wmt Discover $12.5k | BR Visa $17.5k | Amex Delta Gold $10k | Discover IT $10k | Paypal Extras MC $15k | Amazon Store $10k|Smile Gen $7.25k | Dillard's $10k | West Elm $4k| Express $3.05K | Mypoints.com Visa $4.5k | Freedom Visa $1k| Amex Surpass $1k
Message 26 of 28
youngandcreditwrthy
Senior Contributor

And it was the Arrival Card, finstar, NOT just a regular Mc. Gah, get it right bro.
And I got that $7700 limit reinstated with no hesitation by the Barclay's analyst.
Message 27 of 28
enharu
Super Contributor

@youngandcreditwrthy wrote:
Barclay's, imo, is more of a huge investment bank.... So it goes without saying: they are quite active in managing their portfolio of assets, including cc debt- which typically also has an investor on the other side. Barclaycard is purely for profit for investors imo. So lol... They dont want you to pay off 0% offers or have open, unused credit. Lol

Barclays is a huge bank holding company that is a lot more than just an investment bank, especially if you consider their international operations.

To be fair though, any other bank, Chase, Citi, Amex, Discover, Wells Fargo, BofA, etc..........are "purely for profit for investors" as well, to put it in your own words.

Regardless of whether it's an investment bank, or a commercial bank, they're all out to make profit for investors. None of those banks are doing this for charity purposes, and all of their shareholders, AKA investors, have stakes in any of those firms simply because they want to see profit as much as shareholders in Investment banks do.

Any bank with good responsible management are supposed to be extremely active in managing their portfolio. It's really just what they're hired to do. 

JPMorgan Palladium (100k), AmEx Platinum (NPSL), AmEx SPG (46k), AmEx BCP (42k), Chase Sapphire Preferred (47k), Citi Prestige (31k), Citi Thank You Preferred (27k), Citi Executive AAdvantage (25k), JPMorgan Ritz-Carlton (21k), Merrill+ (15k), US Bank Cash+ (22.5k), Wells Fargo (12k), Bloomingdale’s (12.4k), Chase Freedom (5k), Discover IT (5k).
Message 28 of 28
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.