Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Barclay combination possible?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Barclay combination possible?

Hey, my brother has two barclay cards.  One is an Arrival (no af) and other is NFL.

He uses the hell out of the NFL card because he buys tickets with it but it only has a 1k CL.  So he uses it and PIF a few times a month during the season.

He has 5k on his Arrival that he never uses.  Am I right to tell him he can call some Barclay number to combine the limits and close the Arrival?  He was thinking about closing it anyway.

I didn't know if you had to leave some credit on the Arrival like Chase requires. 

Also, which is the best number of all the Barclay ones to call

thank you!

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Imperfectfuture
Super Contributor

Re: Barclay combination possible?

Just call the number on back of card, and ask to be transferred to US. Depending on his whole profile, they will transfer him to lending, and close out whatever card he wishes, move limit to other. Just did that with arrival close, move to Sallie Mae. Smiley Wink
Signature needs updating
Message 2 of 7
SouthJamaica
Mega Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Hey, my brother has two barclay cards.  One is an Arrival (no af) and other is NFL.

He uses the hell out of the NFL card because he buys tickets with it but it only has a 1k CL.  So he uses it and PIF a few times a month during the season.

He has 5k on his Arrival that he never uses.  Am I right to tell him he can call some Barclay number to combine the limits and close the Arrival?  He was thinking about closing it anyway.

I didn't know if you had to leave some credit on the Arrival like Chase requires. 

Also, which is the best number of all the Barclay ones to call

thank you!

Yes. He can call one of the backdoor numbers and ask to transfer part of his Arrival limit to the NFL card, or ask to transfer his entire limit and close the Arrival card.

I've done both of those with Barclays.

Caveat: the new credit limit will register as a "credit limit increase", thus preventing him from getting another CLI in the near future.

Total revolving limits 741200 (620700 reporting) FICO 8: EQ 703 TU 704 EX 691

Message 3 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Would it be a HP?
Message 4 of 7
Scupra
Super Contributor

Nope!

Filed BK7: 7/2012 (start score EQ 560 / TU 529) Discharge 10/2012
801 EQ FICO 06/2022
797 TU FICO 04/2022
793 EX FICO 04/2022
$30k NFCU Platinum | $30.7k NFCU cashRewards Sig | $15k NavChek | $7.1k Cap1 Quicksilver | $10k Amazon Store | $19k Cap1 VentureOne | $16k Barclay Aviator | $5k Chase Freedom | $5k Chase Sapphire Preferred | $9k Costco Visa | $20k AMEX BCE | AMEX Gold | NFCU Platinum #2 $19.3k | Apple $8.5k
Message 5 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

when you do this, do they have to be at a zero balance? i have the rewars & the apple card. Figured would just want to keep the rewards card.

Message 6 of 7
Scupra
Super Contributor

The card you are closing must have a $0 balance

Filed BK7: 7/2012 (start score EQ 560 / TU 529) Discharge 10/2012
801 EQ FICO 06/2022
797 TU FICO 04/2022
793 EX FICO 04/2022
$30k NFCU Platinum | $30.7k NFCU cashRewards Sig | $15k NavChek | $7.1k Cap1 Quicksilver | $10k Amazon Store | $19k Cap1 VentureOne | $16k Barclay Aviator | $5k Chase Freedom | $5k Chase Sapphire Preferred | $9k Costco Visa | $20k AMEX BCE | AMEX Gold | NFCU Platinum #2 $19.3k | Apple $8.5k
Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.