Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Barclay - couldn't swap credit lines

tag
masscredit
Valued Contributor

Barclay - couldn't swap credit lines

I have two Barclay cards. One is an Apple card that was converted to their new Rewards card last week and the other is their regular Rewards card. Current limit on the Apple card is $8 (that increased about a week ago) and the Rewards card is $2500. I called to see about swapping the limits because the higher limit on that card would work out better for me.  I was very surprised when I was told that they weren't able to do that. I called the number on the back of the card. Is that something the EO Depart would handle instead?  I've read that a number of people have had their limits swapped between various Barclay cards. 

Pre-Credit Rebuild Scores Pre-DC (3/24/22) - EQ - 524 / TU - 519 / EX - 495

Current Scores - EQ - 687 / TU - 663/ EX - 677

TD Bank - $5000 / Mercury - $5000 / Capital One Savor One- $5000 / SDFCU Secured - $4990 / Capital One QuickSiver - $4500 / Ally Master Card - $2800/ Walmart Mastercard - $2250

Andrews FCU SSL $1500
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Barclay - couldn't swap credit lines

Call the crediit analyst #, do a search on this forum for baskdoor numbers and look for Barclay's find the # and call that and ask them to do it, vs. the normal CSR meaning the # on the back of the card is worthless for these type things

Message 2 of 4
masscredit
Valued Contributor

I didn't think something like this would require a call to the backdoor number. Gave them a call and it was taken care of in minutes.

One concern that I had was if I swapped the limits, would that have any impact on potentital CLIs that might be due for each card. The Aapple card receieved an increase a few weeks ago and the Rewards card is due soon. I was told that redistributing the credit lines wouldn't have any negative impact on potential CLIs. 

Pre-Credit Rebuild Scores Pre-DC (3/24/22) - EQ - 524 / TU - 519 / EX - 495

Current Scores - EQ - 687 / TU - 663/ EX - 677

TD Bank - $5000 / Mercury - $5000 / Capital One Savor One- $5000 / SDFCU Secured - $4990 / Capital One QuickSiver - $4500 / Ally Master Card - $2800/ Walmart Mastercard - $2250

Andrews FCU SSL $1500
Message 3 of 4
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

Nice... Glad it all worked out for you via backdoor route..  Really what good are normal CSR's these days other then saying no to everything lolSmiley Happy

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.