Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Barclay credit card payments

tag
Duncanrr
Valued Contributor

Barclay credit card payments

It's Sunday and my payment due date with Barclays. Do I have until midnight to make payment. I'm not able to make payment until like 7 tonight. (Need to setup checking account and ill not be home until then to get checking info). How should I make my payment? Online at 7 or is it better to call it in and if so what number is best?

Thanks

Starting Score: EQ 551 TU 548 CK 607on 6/8/12, EX 542(AMEX pull 3/4/12)
Current Score: EQ 808 TU --- EX --- CK 804(FAKO-EX 821, EQ 823, TU 803)
Goal Score: 750

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 1 of 15
14 REPLIES 14
myjourney
Super Contributor

Re: Barclay credit card payments

According to payment section

Make Payment

Paying your credit card online is fast, easy and FREE!

Make your online payment by 7 p.m. ET on your Payment Due Date to avoid late fees and finance charges.

866-421-8004 try this number from the account page hope this helps 

It's all I could find they didn't display any other options to pay sorry

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 2 of 15
NonSufficientFunds
Frequent Contributor

@Duncanrr wrote:
It's Sunday and my payment due date with Barclays. Do I have until midnight to make payment. I'm not able to make payment until like 7 tonight. (Need to setup checking account and ill not be home until then to get checking info). How should I make my payment? Online at 7 or is it better to call it in and if so what number is best?

Thanks

I thought the new law made it illegal to require payment on the weekend... In most cases, the next business day (Monday) is the actual deadline.

You are dangerously close to making a late payment - even if you are in the correct time-zone. 

Barclay's should have given you ample notice of the payment due date, and the idea of trying to establish a checking account on a Sunday afternoon, seems to be pressing your luck.

Your best option at this point is to get a friend to make a minimum payment from their account before the deadline. 

The bank doesn't care where the money comes from, so if your friend is willing to help you out, just this once - you still have time to avoid the late fee and the negative mark on your credit report.

Message 3 of 15
enharu
Super Contributor

like NSF said, it's best you somehow try to get the payment made asap. Can you call home to ask someone give you your checking info?

JPMorgan Palladium (100k), AmEx Platinum (NPSL), AmEx SPG (46k), AmEx BCP (42k), Chase Sapphire Preferred (47k), Citi Prestige (31k), Citi Thank You Preferred (27k), Citi Executive AAdvantage (25k), JPMorgan Ritz-Carlton (21k), Merrill+ (15k), US Bank Cash+ (22.5k), Wells Fargo (12k), Bloomingdale’s (12.4k), Chase Freedom (5k), Discover IT (5k).
Message 4 of 15
b_seeker
Frequent Contributor

@NonSufficientFunds wrote:

@Duncanrr wrote:

Thanks

I thought the new law made it illegal to require payment on the weekend... In most cases, the next business day (Monday) is the actual deadline.

You are dangerously close to making a late payment - even if you are in the correct time-zone. 

Barclay's should have given you ample notice of the payment due date, and the idea of trying to establish a checking account on a Sunday afternoon, seems to be pressing your luck.

Your best option at this point is to get a friend to make a minimum payment from their account before the deadline. 

The bank doesn't care where the money comes from, so if your friend is willing to help you out, just this once - you still have time to avoid the late fee and the negative mark on your credit report.

Isn't the first negative mark simply a 30 day late which has to be 30 days past the due date without the minimum being paid? If he misses the deadline, he should only get the late fee, right? Still not ideal, obviously.

|| Barclaycard Rewards Visa $5500 || AMEX BCE $2000 || Discover IT $3000 || Amazon Rewards Visa $1800 ||
|| Chase Freedom $2700 || CSP $5000 || Chase Marriott Premier $7500 || Sallie Mae MC $3800 ||

FICO Scores: EX 752 (3/13/13) || EQ 782 (10/4/13) || TU 724 (1/18/13)

In the garden as of 10/12/2013
Message 5 of 15
enharu
Super Contributor

@b_seeker wrote:

@NonSufficientFunds wrote:

@Duncanrr wrote:

Thanks

Isn't the first negative mark simply a 30 day late which has to be 30 days past the due date without the minimum being paid? If he misses the deadline, he should only get the late fee, right? Still not ideal, obviously.

depends on the actual T&C of each bank.

Some will move you to the highest APR rate automatically for an indefinite amount of time once you have 1 non-payment.

to add: missed the negative mark on CR comment. Nope he won't be reported for late payment until he is >30 days late. They might still move him to highest APR however.

JPMorgan Palladium (100k), AmEx Platinum (NPSL), AmEx SPG (46k), AmEx BCP (42k), Chase Sapphire Preferred (47k), Citi Prestige (31k), Citi Thank You Preferred (27k), Citi Executive AAdvantage (25k), JPMorgan Ritz-Carlton (21k), Merrill+ (15k), US Bank Cash+ (22.5k), Wells Fargo (12k), Bloomingdale’s (12.4k), Chase Freedom (5k), Discover IT (5k).
Message 6 of 15
phillyguy12
Frequent Contributor

agree 1day late does not show up on cr. however they could jack the rate up to their highest rate prob around 29% for x months or possibly but less likely close the account. you maybe able to get some gw on a first time but i say call the number on back of card and try to make pmt over phone maybe they will let you use a debit card to pay for a fee
Amx BCE-25k,Amx Zync-NSPL
Barclay's Mastercard-13.5k
Credit Union Visa-1k
Discover-24k, Khols-2k
Message 7 of 15
Duncanrr
Valued Contributor

I was able to get my whitney account info online and just made payment. Hurray!!!

Starting Score: EQ 551 TU 548 CK 607on 6/8/12, EX 542(AMEX pull 3/4/12)
Current Score: EQ 808 TU --- EX --- CK 804(FAKO-EX 821, EQ 823, TU 803)
Goal Score: 750

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 8 of 15
enharu
Super Contributor

crisis dodged! haha grats

Message 9 of 15
SpecFile
Valued Contributor

Grats!!! Phewwww...
Message 10 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.