Reply
Valued Contributor
Duncanrr
Posts: 2,841
Registered: ‎06-08-2012
0

Barclay credit card payments

It's Sunday and my payment due date with Barclays. Do I have until midnight to make payment. I'm not able to make payment until like 7 tonight. (Need to setup checking account and ill not be home until then to get checking info). How should I make my payment? Online at 7 or is it better to call it in and if so what number is best?

Thanks


Starting Score: EQ 551 TU 548 CK 607on 6/8/12, EX 542(AMEX pull 3/4/12)
Current Score: EQ 710 TU 727 EX 704 CK 719(FAKO-EX 697, EQ 697, TU 697)
Goal Score: 750

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Community Leader
Senior Contributor
myjourney
Posts: 25,575
Registered: ‎02-07-2013
0

Re: Barclay credit card payments

According to payment section

Make Payment

Paying your credit card online is fast, easy and FREE!

Make your online payment by 7 p.m. ET on your Payment Due Date to avoid late fees and finance charges.

 

866-421-8004 try this number from the account page hope this helps 

It's all I could find they didn't display any other options to pay sorry

 

"Intelligence plus character--that is the goal of true education"
Cap1 EO link below
http://lmgtfy.com/?q=Capital+One+CEO+email+address+#seen
Last 5 apps 6/6/13
Frequent Contributor
NonSufficientFunds
Posts: 332
Registered: ‎04-09-2013
0

Re: Barclay credit card payments

[ Edited ]

Duncanrr wrote:
It's Sunday and my payment due date with Barclays. Do I have until midnight to make payment. I'm not able to make payment until like 7 tonight. (Need to setup checking account and ill not be home until then to get checking info). How should I make my payment? Online at 7 or is it better to call it in and if so what number is best?

Thanks

I thought the new law made it illegal to require payment on the weekend... In most cases, the next business day (Monday) is the actual deadline.

 

You are dangerously close to making a late payment - even if you are in the correct time-zone. 

 

Barclay's should have given you ample notice of the payment due date, and the idea of trying to establish a checking account on a Sunday afternoon, seems to be pressing your luck.

 

Your best option at this point is to get a friend to make a minimum payment from their account before the deadline. 

 

The bank doesn't care where the money comes from, so if your friend is willing to help you out, just this once - you still have time to avoid the late fee and the negative mark on your credit report.

Super Contributor
enharu
Posts: 6,889
Registered: ‎02-27-2013
0

Re: Barclay credit card payments

like NSF said, it's best you somehow try to get the payment made asap. Can you call home to ask someone give you your checking info?

 

JPMorgan Palladium (100k), AmEx Platinum (NPSL), AmEx SPG (46k), AmEx BCP (42k), Chase Sapphire Preferred (47k), Citi Prestige (31k), Citi Thank You Preferred (27k), Citi Executive AAdvantage (25k), JPMorgan Ritz-Carlton (21k), Merrill+ (15k), US Bank Cash+ (22.5k), Wells Fargo (12k), Bloomingdale’s (12.4k), Chase Freedom (5k), Discover IT (5k).
Frequent Contributor
b_seeker
Posts: 390
Registered: ‎03-24-2013
0

Re: Barclay credit card payments


NonSufficientFunds wrote:

Duncanrr wrote:
It's Sunday and my payment due date with Barclays. Do I have until midnight to make payment. I'm not able to make payment until like 7 tonight. (Need to setup checking account and ill not be home until then to get checking info). How should I make my payment? Online at 7 or is it better to call it in and if so what number is best?

Thanks

I thought the new law made it illegal to require payment on the weekend... In most cases, the next business day (Monday) is the actual deadline.

 

You are dangerously close to making a late payment - even if you are in the correct time-zone. 

 

Barclay's should have given you ample notice of the payment due date, and the idea of trying to establish a checking account on a Sunday afternoon, seems to be pressing your luck.

 

Your best option at this point is to get a friend to make a minimum payment from their account before the deadline. 

 

The bank doesn't care where the money comes from, so if your friend is willing to help you out, just this once - you still have time to avoid the late fee and the negative mark on your credit report.


Isn't the first negative mark simply a 30 day late which has to be 30 days past the due date without the minimum being paid? If he misses the deadline, he should only get the late fee, right? Still not ideal, obviously.



|| Barclaycard Rewards Visa $5500 || AMEX BCE $2000 || Discover IT $3000 || Amazon Rewards Visa $1800 ||
|| Chase Freedom $2700 || CSP $5000 || Chase Marriott Premier $7500 || Sallie Mae MC $3800 ||

FICO Scores: EX 752 (3/13/13) || EQ 782 (10/4/13) || TU 724 (1/18/13)

In the garden as of 10/12/2013
Super Contributor
enharu
Posts: 6,889
Registered: ‎02-27-2013
0

Re: Barclay credit card payments

[ Edited ]

b_seeker wrote:

NonSufficientFunds wrote:

Duncanrr wrote:
It's Sunday and my payment due date with Barclays. Do I have until midnight to make payment. I'm not able to make payment until like 7 tonight. (Need to setup checking account and ill not be home until then to get checking info). How should I make my payment? Online at 7 or is it better to call it in and if so what number is best?

Thanks

I thought the new law made it illegal to require payment on the weekend... In most cases, the next business day (Monday) is the actual deadline.

 

You are dangerously close to making a late payment - even if you are in the correct time-zone. 

 

Barclay's should have given you ample notice of the payment due date, and the idea of trying to establish a checking account on a Sunday afternoon, seems to be pressing your luck.

 

Your best option at this point is to get a friend to make a minimum payment from their account before the deadline. 

 

The bank doesn't care where the money comes from, so if your friend is willing to help you out, just this once - you still have time to avoid the late fee and the negative mark on your credit report.


Isn't the first negative mark simply a 30 day late which has to be 30 days past the due date without the minimum being paid? If he misses the deadline, he should only get the late fee, right? Still not ideal, obviously.


depends on the actual T&C of each bank.

Some will move you to the highest APR rate automatically for an indefinite amount of time once you have 1 non-payment.

 

to add: missed the negative mark on CR comment. Nope he won't be reported for late payment until he is >30 days late. They might still move him to highest APR however.

JPMorgan Palladium (100k), AmEx Platinum (NPSL), AmEx SPG (46k), AmEx BCP (42k), Chase Sapphire Preferred (47k), Citi Prestige (31k), Citi Thank You Preferred (27k), Citi Executive AAdvantage (25k), JPMorgan Ritz-Carlton (21k), Merrill+ (15k), US Bank Cash+ (22.5k), Wells Fargo (12k), Bloomingdale’s (12.4k), Chase Freedom (5k), Discover IT (5k).
Frequent Contributor
phillyguy12
Posts: 333
Registered: ‎03-16-2011
0

Re: Barclay credit card payments

agree 1day late does not show up on cr. however they could jack the rate up to their highest rate prob around 29% for x months or possibly but less likely close the account. you maybe able to get some gw on a first time but i say call the number on back of card and try to make pmt over phone maybe they will let you use a debit card to pay for a fee

Amx BCE-9000,Amx Zync-NSPL
Barclay's Mastercard-5600
Credit Union Visa-1200
Discover-1900, Khols-1000
Valued Contributor
Duncanrr
Posts: 2,841
Registered: ‎06-08-2012
0

Re: Barclay credit card payments

I was able to get my whitney account info online and just made payment. Hurray!!!


Starting Score: EQ 551 TU 548 CK 607on 6/8/12, EX 542(AMEX pull 3/4/12)
Current Score: EQ 710 TU 727 EX 704 CK 719(FAKO-EX 697, EQ 697, TU 697)
Goal Score: 750

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Super Contributor
enharu
Posts: 6,889
Registered: ‎02-27-2013
0

Re: Barclay credit card payments

crisis dodged! haha grats

 

JPMorgan Palladium (100k), AmEx Platinum (NPSL), AmEx SPG (46k), AmEx BCP (42k), Chase Sapphire Preferred (47k), Citi Prestige (31k), Citi Thank You Preferred (27k), Citi Executive AAdvantage (25k), JPMorgan Ritz-Carlton (21k), Merrill+ (15k), US Bank Cash+ (22.5k), Wells Fargo (12k), Bloomingdale’s (12.4k), Chase Freedom (5k), Discover IT (5k).
Valued Contributor
SpecFile
Posts: 1,358
Registered: ‎08-07-2007
0

Re: Barclay credit card payments

Grats!!! Phewwww...

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+