Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Barclay fading out

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Barclay fading out

Barclay in the US seems to be strange. They offer one of two "Rewards" cards for fair credit and then are noted for either balance chasing or not increasing credit lines. This is one example out of many that have been posted here. They seem to send mixed messages to their customers. Other than the Ring card and Rewards card the only interesting cards are their cobranded cards and many of them have poor rewards. I think they need to decide what they want to do, either compete or sell off their card portfolio. I have their rewards card, used it and PIF monthly for the most part, no increase in CL. They may be on the chopping block soon, I have better cards but they were one of my early rebuilders and that means something at least to me. 

Message 41 of 93
elim
Senior Contributor

Definitely not a great 3 year chart and after Brexit they are truly scared.

khjjbnhkjhhjk.jpg

Message 42 of 93
galahad15
Valued Contributor

@longtimelurker wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

I have noticed this with Barclays as well, and while I think sometimes "doom and gloom" posts on this forum are rather overblown, I think there might be some merit to this one. It's not a good sign when a card company is overtly shying away from its most prominent offerings (Arrival+) without replacing it with anything else.

I actually quite like Barclays, so their rapidly dwindling card offerings is definitely a little worrisome to me. I have two of some of their best cards in the Sallie Mae and the Wyndham with the 15K renewal bonus and I would be upset if I lost them. 

Looks like it is back

https://home.barclaycardus.com/cards/barclaycard-arrival-plus-world-elite-mastercard.html

Now we just need them to bring back the Ring, and all will be well!  Smiley Happy   (One can always hope of course, lol.)

Message 43 of 93
Anonymous
Not applicable

@longtimelurker wrote:

Looks like it is back

https://home.barclaycardus.com/cards/barclaycard-arrival-plus-world-elite-mastercard.html

Still "Come back later to apply" from findmybarclaycard.com site.  The site above does have a whole new look and feel, and perhaps the "come back later" was due to web site infrastructure changes.

Message 44 of 93
Anonymous
Not applicable

@kdm31091 wrote:

@longtimelurker wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

I have noticed this with Barclays as well, and while I think sometimes "doom and gloom" posts on this forum are rather overblown, I think there might be some merit to this one. It's not a good sign when a card company is overtly shying away from its most prominent offerings (Arrival+) without replacing it with anything else.

I actually quite like Barclays, so their rapidly dwindling card offerings is definitely a little worrisome to me. I have two of some of their best cards in the Sallie Mae and the Wyndham with the 15K renewal bonus and I would be upset if I lost them. 

Looks like it is back

Wow, maybe they saw this thread. lol

Are you out there, Barclays?? Smiley Wink

Well, Chase, if you're out there too, we at myFICO really want you to exempt Chase Sapphire Reserve from 5/24. Thanks!!

Message 45 of 93
Anonymous
Not applicable

Someone mentioned not seeing Barclays cards "in the wild"... I live in a major ex-US Airways hub city and you can't swing a dead cat without hitting someone with a Barclays Aviator. The US Airways Dividend Miles was pretty popular especially with the signup bonus and annual bonus miles, and it seems a lot of people kept on with Barclays. I probably see more Aviators, Capital Ones, and plain-jane Wells Fargo debit cards than every rewards card on this site combined.

Message 46 of 93
creditguy
Valued Contributor

@galahad15 wrote:

@longtimelurker wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Looks like it is back

Now we just need them to bring back the Ring, and all will be well!  Smiley Happy   (One can always hope of course, lol.)

I found a link to apply for Ring through an affiliate site that takes you to Barclays site, so I don't understand why they don't have it directly on their site. 

Message 47 of 93
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

@elim wrote:

Definitely not a great 3 year chart and after Brexit they are truly scared.

khjjbnhkjhhjk.jpg

Ugly, but not totally out of line compared to some peers, e.g. RBS

rbs.jpg

Message 48 of 93
Turbobuick
Established Contributor

I would be bummed if Sallie Mae got axed. With so many common 5% catagories, it must lose on most every swipe.

Earlier tonight I needed to pay the auto insurance bill. As I thought about which card, I decided on Sallie Mae because it needs propping up. I'm sure my $1,050 transaction just saved the bank. Smiley Wink

Message 49 of 93
barthooper
Frequent Contributor

@Turbobuick wrote:

I would be bummed if Sallie Mae got axed. With so many common 5% catagories, it must lose on most every swipe.

Earlier tonight I needed to pay the auto insurance bill. As I thought about which card, I decided on Sallie Mae because it needs propping up. I'm sure my $1,050 transaction just saved the bank. Smiley Wink

Damn, you're nice. My Sallie hasn't seen non-category spend since my first few months with it until I got my Quicksilver. I always maximize.

Quicksilver - 16k | Discover It - 34k | Citi DC - $21k | Chase Amazon - 8k | Chase Reserve - 19.5k | Chase Preferred - 5k | EX FICO (Discover CSC) 788
Message 50 of 93
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.