Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Barclay is Killing me

tag
BundiFan
Regular Contributor

Barclay is Killing me

So just after the 1st of the year, I paid off all of my cards to $0.  The only one that hasn't updated yet is Barclay.  They lasted reported on Dec 20, 2016.  They always seem to do this when I PIF.  If I carry a balance bang they update like clockwork.  This is my oldest card so I am not going to close it and it has and okay limit of $5250.00.  So I think they have just found a permanent place in my sock drawer.

Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Barclay is Killing me

Funny you say that. I PIF my Barclay card every month. Knowing that my statement closes on the 4th I do it before then. They will report a zero balance if it's paid off before the third. But if I use my card on the fourth or have any pending charges they report the full balance asap sometimes on the third even. Guess they want to report a balance for people
Message 2 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

I received a credit monitoring alert on January 31.  Lowes reported my balance paid in full on the last day of the month.  I pay all of my bills on the 1st of every month.  In the long run it doesn't matter but it can be bothersome if you watch your credit score grow as fast as grass.

Message 3 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Sure, that's inconsistent and all, but why does this matter? Micromanaging utilization in the absence of new credit applications is a waste of time
Message 4 of 10
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

I would not be SD it too long they are likely to close it with just 3 months of non use, its all in the terms of your agreement. A pack of gum a month is sufficient.

Message 5 of 10
MyLoFICO
Valued Contributor

They lowered my CL on my Apple Visa from 2k to $1400 and I had charges on it. But my Arrival is stuck at $500. I am paying it off and going to let them age to closed status. Not a fan of Barclays. I do like their online savings account though. 

Experian: 677 (28) | TransUnion: 697 (27) | Equifax: 684 (6)
Gardening as of: 1-23-2018
Updated 1-25-18
Message 6 of 10
DeeBee78
Valued Contributor

Funny how they will report a CLD mere days after the AA, but getting them to do a mid-cycle blanace update is a big fat no. 

Message 7 of 10
grillandwinemaster
Valued Contributor

@MyLoFICO wrote:
But my Arrival is stuck at $500. 

I didn't realize Arrival went that low on there limits. 

Current Scores 3/2016 Equifax 676 Transunion 697 Experian 648 Goal Scores: 720's accross the board. Gardening Goal: 3/2017
Message 8 of 10
MyLoFICO
Valued Contributor

@grillandwinemaster wrote:

@MyLoFICO wrote:
But my Arrival is stuck at $500. 

I didn't realize Arrival went that low on there limits. 

I didn't either. I have never used the card and its almost a year old. I plan on letting it close along with a few of the ones I got just because I could. I made a lot of mistakes and now I have to let them go. Time wounds all heals. Or so they say. 

Experian: 677 (28) | TransUnion: 697 (27) | Equifax: 684 (6)
Gardening as of: 1-23-2018
Updated 1-25-18
Message 9 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Both of my Barclays cards were at zero by the end of October I believe, but they did not update until mid January. So glad to be done with those guys for the time being.
Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.