cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Barclay is going hard trying to push the U.S. Airways card !!!

tag
mikelo22
Established Contributor

Re: Barclay is going hard trying to push the U.S. Airways card !!!

@stagefoursurvivor wrote:

Declined for "too many new accounts opened", TU 661. Declined on recon

Damn, one of the cards I really wanted!

Yikes. That scares me now.

If you don't mind me asking, how many new cards have you opened in the past 3 months? 6 months? 1 year?

Just trying to get a barometer of what Barclays considers excessive because I've had quite a few apps the past year as well... Smiley Sad

Message 21 of 28
MyDataMyChoice
Valued Contributor

I have opened a TON! 20+ of cards... but my fico was 670 TU

40% UTL too

Message 22 of 28
stagefoursurvivor
Established Contributor

@mikelo22 wrote:

@stagefoursurvivor wrote:

Declined for "too many new accounts opened", TU 661. Declined on recon

Damn, one of the cards I really wanted!

Yikes. That scares me now.

If you don't mind me asking, how many new cards have you opened in the past 3 months? 6 months? 1 year?

Just trying to get a barometer of what Barclays considers excessive because I've had quite a few apps the past year as well... Smiley Sad

10 new revolvers in the past 3 months

11/14/14 Total CL $1,100; 6/30/15 Total CL $180K
Message 23 of 28
Anonymous
Not applicable

I got denied.  letter came yesterday. too many recent inquiries (at the time: 2 on TU,1 from this year and 1 from last  and 3 on Ex which they also soft pulled), not enough revolving accounts (which they used as 4 reasons but they were all not enough revolving accounts).  They have emailed me the offer ten times in the last week after denying me which is not very nice.

Message 24 of 28
mikelo22
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I got denied.  letter came yesterday. too many recent inquiries (at the time: 2 on TU,1 from this year and 1 from last  and 3 on Ex which they also soft pulled), not enough revolving accounts (which they used as 4 reasons but they were all not enough revolving accounts).  They have emailed me the offer ten times in the last week after denying me which is not very nice.

Wow, that's not bad at all INQ's-wise... I think I'll hold off on this card. Barclay so INQ sensitive.... Smiley Frustrated

Message 25 of 28
taxi818
Super Contributor

@B335is wrote:
I still don't understand how this can be interpreted as Barclays pushing hard. Other than 40k yo 50k points, it's always been a pay AF card for the bonus.

Obvious just his opinion. No facts to them pushing hard at all. They simply raised it from 40k -50k miles. 

Message 26 of 28
Anonymous
Not applicable

@mikelo22 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Wow, that's not bad at all INQ's-wise... I think I'll hold off on this card. Barclay so INQ sensitive.... Smiley Frustrated

New account sensitive. Let's not forget that sometimes they just don't like what they see on a certain profile.

Message 27 of 28
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@mikelo22 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

I got denied.  letter came yesterday. too many recent inquiries (at the time: 2 on TU,1 from this year and 1 from last  and 3 on Ex which they also soft pulled), not Ienough revolving accounts (which they used as 4 reasons but they were all not enough revolving accounts).  They have emailed me the offer ten times in the last week after denying me which is not very nice.

New account sensitive. Let's not forget that sometimes they just don't like what they see on a certain profile.

I had like 5 pulls on TU ! A bunch of new lines :/ these banks are hard to. Understand sometimes 

Message 28 of 28
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.