Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Barclay ooooo Barclay what to expect, I

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Barclay ooooo Barclay what to expect, I

hi all, I'm new to this board and happy I have found it after making a huge mistake lol I didn't know how credit work till I read here all this good info.

a lil background story last time I used my credit was in 2006 I pid all my account and close them , in June 2014 I apply for the credit care that was offer at my eye doc for my glasses was approve for $500 later in October I apply for the Barclay Apple when I was buying some tablets for my 4 grand kids I was approved for 1,500 after that I went crazy and apply for all those card u see on my signature since I didn't know the damage till this board i have 2 question

1: will Barclay close my account or give me a cli at my 6 statement what are the odds?

2: what can I do to help me get my credit score to the 700 ? 

Thank u all for the help and support u give each person that comes here 😊😊

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Barclay ooooo Barclay what to expect, I

@Joeliz27 wrote:

1: will Barclay close my account or give me a cli at my 6 statement what are the odds?

2: what can I do to help me get my credit score to the 700 ? 

Thank u all for the help and support u give each person that comes here 😊😊

I can't see any credit cards in your signature.  But as for your 2 questions:

1. Barclay will probably not close your account and will probably still give you a CLI.  Keep your balances low...I suspect that they are triggered by a higher debt $$ as opposed to number of new accounts
  2. As for helping your score get above 700, stop applying for new credit cards.

Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanx for the reply , well i have 14 accounts with a altogether total of 17,300 cl my debt is only of 2,000 something as of now, how long should i wait to apply and how will my credit increase with the account i have i was thinking of closing target but idk if it will afect me or help me
Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Joeliz27 wrote:
Thanx for the reply , well i have 14 accounts with a altogether total of 17,300 cl my debt is only of 2,000 something as of now, how long should i wait to apply and how will my credit increase with the account i have i was thinking of closing target but idk if it will afect me or help me

What is your reason for closing Target?

As for when to apply, it does not seem like the time is now.  Prior to your CL's you were running at a 40% util.  If you are adding credit cards because you actually need the extra credit to spend, it may be time to reassess your finances.

Nagging aside, if you were denied for a Freedom (one of the easiest unsecured cards to get); you certainly need to wait several more months if you don't wanna waste another HP.  

Even with a decent score, I was denied by Barclay (too many new accounts) so I waited it out for 6 months and then got 2 Barclay approvals.  

Constantly apping for new cards instead of patiently waiting really hurts your credit chances and wastes HP's. Even the SCT cards hurt your credit if you're constantly just adding them onto a thin file ... even though there is no HP.  

Sometimes you need to take a vacation away from credit to give yourself a chance at the bigtime credit cards.

Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Target its just sitting at a 300 cl snd my walmart went up from 300 to 5,000 sice i read that target barely give any cli I was just thinking of letting it go

Im really taking a break from credit app for at least 7-9 months a see if i get any pre approvals
I have a great payment history and my util is below 20 % overal the only thing i see afecting my credit are the inq and new open accounts
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.