Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Barclay out of cycle update...Very strange **UPDATE, WOW!**

tag
Tonya-E
Established Contributor

Barclay out of cycle update...Very strange **UPDATE, WOW!**

Ok, so I have had my Barclay card since March.  First statement drops I pay the balance in full before the statement closing date without any problem.  Well, today I get an out of cycle update on  my card.  My statement closing date is May 4th.  My payment of my balance in full is already in the system scheduled for May 1st.  So, Barclay updates my credit report to show my current balance right now, instead of when my account closes.  Is this normal?   It only bothers me because I try to make sure that the only account reporting a balance is my citi card that has a balance transfer I am paying off.  If Barclay is going to do this, then I will need to pay for each transaction I make right after I make them.  It is rather weird.  Should I call them to ask what is going on?  Nothing out of order on my credit report. I pay all of my balances before the statement date on every card.  The citi card I am currently paying off.  Now it won't bother me if they are going to update again when my statement closes at the end of next week. But if they plan on riding that balance until another month, we have a problem.

I just got off the phone with a Manager at Barclay.  It was told to me that they update once per month.  But it can be ANY day they so choose. I am not sure if this is something new that they instituted or what.  So, it may or may not be your statement closing balance.  They said they do not have the ability to only report after the statement closing balance because they have too many accounts to maintain to do that.  I personally think that is a crock.  So I informed them that I am new customer and now that I know they do that, I will pay everything off as soon as it posts because that is not a general practice from my other credit card accounts.

Wallet: Amex BCP-45k| Barclays Rewards MC-26.3k| Citi Thank You Preferred-27.5k| Citi Double Cash-14k| Target MC-11.5k| Walmart MC-7.5k| Chase Freedom Unlimited Signature-6k

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 1 of 23
22 REPLIES 22
visorboy1974
Valued Contributor

Re: Barclay out of cycle update...Very strange

Happened to me and a few others as well this week.  Only on EQ though.  

Very uncharacteristic of Barclays.  

FICO Scores Updated 07/15 EQ08 748 EX08 748 TU08 818
Message 2 of 23
Tonya-E
Established Contributor

Yes it is only on EQ.  I did notice that even though my balance was paid in full, Barclays account actually showed the high balance paid on the account, unlike some of my other cards.  Generally if you pay them in full before statement closing they don't really show the high balance or payment info (Amex doesn't and neither does Citi), just that activity happened.  I think EQ, unlike EX or TU has a problem notating the activity without actually doing an out of cycle update.  I am going to wait until my actual statement cuts to see what, if anything, happens.  For it to be only on EQ, it sounds more like an EQ problem than Barclay.  Thank you for your response though.  It sets my mind at ease knowing it has happened to others.

Wallet: Amex BCP-45k| Barclays Rewards MC-26.3k| Citi Thank You Preferred-27.5k| Citi Double Cash-14k| Target MC-11.5k| Walmart MC-7.5k| Chase Freedom Unlimited Signature-6k

Message 3 of 23
mkm77
Regular Contributor

Wasn't only on EQ with me.....Didn't update as expected after new statement. Took them over 2 weeks and updated balance as of when they finally sent it not the closing balance.
Message 4 of 23
Tonya-E
Established Contributor

Wow really?!  I wonder whether this is a Barclay approach to take the power out of our hands on what balance reports to CBs.....Very interesting.

Message 5 of 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

I know it seems like if I post its just to bash on Barclays, but seriously threads like these and others just make me want to move on. Their soft pulling, big brother tactics and just general weird reporting is really getting to me. I checked all 3 CRA's and Barclays was the only one that wasnt reporting up to date. My card has been active every month. But I PIF and they had last reported in my case in FEB. Smiley Sad Plus I got snuffed out for a 6 month auto-cli I thought was well deserved for my business.

I dont know about them anymore and I would hate close a perfectly good card but I just dont see the point in all of this maddness.

Message 6 of 23
Tonya-E
Established Contributor

For me, they can soft me all they want.  They can use all the big brother tactics they would like as far as monitoring me.  I could care less.  But, don't mess around with my reporting.  That is the least you can do.  If you have the time to soft me incessantly, you have the time report correctly.  That's just plain and simple. I know it's their business and they can report whenever and however they like, but let's face it, that is not the norm.  And if you don't report my statement balance, I will dispute. If they close it, so be it.  I will just pay more of my BT balance down so that I keep my desired utilization ratio and call it a day.  I don't have one problem with the card itself. I wouldn't mind keeping it, but I think it's a bit out of hand here. It almost seems as if they do things to "prune" customers.  We are going to make a problem so they call in. We can in turn pull their report and then find a reason to close their card since we aren't making enough money off them.  Maybe I am wrong but time will tell. As I said, I will give the opportunity for my statement to close to see what happens.

Message 7 of 23
crunching_numbers
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I know it seems like if I post its just to bash on Barclays, but seriously threads like these and others just make me want to move on. Their soft pulling, big brother tactics and just general weird reporting is really getting to me. I checked all 3 CRA's and Barclays was the only one that wasnt reporting up to date. My card has been active every month. But I PIF and they had last reported in my case in FEB. Smiley Sad Plus I got snuffed out for a 6 month auto-cli I thought was well deserved for my business.

I dont know about them anymore and I would hate close a perfectly good card but I just dont see the point in all of this maddness.

I get softed 1-3 times by AMEX monthly, and monthly by Citi and Chase as well. I am not sure how frequently Barclays softs.  They ALL soft frequently. Nothing unique about Barclays in that regard.

Out of cycle update problem to one bureau? Multiple customers? Sounds like Barclays had a computer glitch. If it was just ONE acct who made BT's it would be different, but since more than one poster here says it happened to them, I think there was just a one time out of cycle glitch. I am just guessing of course.

Starting Score: 693 TU FICO, 679 EQ FICO
Current Score: FICO 8 = 844(9/15) EQ, 827 TU, 811 EX (7/15); mortgage FICO= 758 (9/15)EQ5, 797 TU4, 748 EX2 (7/15)
Goal Score: 750+, but shooting for the 800's
Hyatt Visa Sig ($23K), Amex BCP (24.8K), BofA Travel Rew Sig (22.5K), B&N World MC (22.3K), Amex RP Gold (NPSL w/ S&T), Cash+ Sig (20K),United Mil+ExpSig (16.3K), FNBO Visa (13.1K), Hilton Surpass (10K), Freedom Visa Sig (8.6K), Disc It (16.4K), Citi Dia Pref MC (3.7K),Sam's MC (10K), Wally (7.5K), JCP(5.3K), Costco (2K)
Message 8 of 23
Tonya-E
Established Contributor

We shall soon see crunching.  I read the other post about them having a computer glitch. I actually didn't read it until after my post.  So, with those kind of problems going on you may be right.  I still don't like it, but gotta live with it for now.Smiley Sad

Message 9 of 23
crunching_numbers
Valued Contributor

If its any consolation, I had a balance of $29 from last statement on Barclays, and did a BT this month from an offer, to them for $5000. They might have done the same thing to me as well. Nothing I can do, and not going to pull a report to find out. Would have updated that way within a couple weeks anyways.

Starting Score: 693 TU FICO, 679 EQ FICO
Current Score: FICO 8 = 844(9/15) EQ, 827 TU, 811 EX (7/15); mortgage FICO= 758 (9/15)EQ5, 797 TU4, 748 EX2 (7/15)
Goal Score: 750+, but shooting for the 800's
Hyatt Visa Sig ($23K), Amex BCP (24.8K), BofA Travel Rew Sig (22.5K), B&N World MC (22.3K), Amex RP Gold (NPSL w/ S&T), Cash+ Sig (20K),United Mil+ExpSig (16.3K), FNBO Visa (13.1K), Hilton Surpass (10K), Freedom Visa Sig (8.6K), Disc It (16.4K), Citi Dia Pref MC (3.7K),Sam's MC (10K), Wally (7.5K), JCP(5.3K), Costco (2K)
Message 10 of 23
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.